Goose on the Loose: Travels of a Lad & His Dad

goose

Expecting Goose and the Lad around 630 pm here in Goatnut, TN. Tonights menu includes Texas Jailhouse Chili, Beans, salad, cookies, and whatever else.

Got a tent up in the backyard for the guys, and the firepit is ready to go! My two sons are excited, as am I.

Chili and beans? You think a fire is really a good idea? :o

It seemed like it at the time
  • Like 1

Well, the goose and his gosling came and went. Personally, I enjoyed the time he and I spent around the fire sharing life, serenading him with my guitar playing, while the boys played in the house watching Mystery Science Theater 3000 (first time for the lad).

The kids had a blast sword fighting in the bathroom, and in the backyard around 10:30 pm. We made smores from improvised material. They climbed Tombstone Mountain. I showed them a Shagbark Hickory tree. We watched a goat lick horse nads, and perhaps nipping a bit on them (No lie). The goat also drank his own pee (no lie). Goose saved my youngest son's life (it was a slow motion experience) while checking out a cave. We ate, made merry, then kicked them down the road...and it was all my pleasure!

Then I discovered all of their toothbrushes, deodorant, shampoo still in my kids bathroom. Now we have extra stuff for the next guests.

The Dad and Lad ate well, and with good manners I must say. Goose has done a great job with his son. Very polite, very appreciative of hospitality, and has joyful glow radiating from his face at all times. Ate all that was put in front of him. Kids don't come out of the womb like that you know, that takes a parent's effort.

Goose also got a wonderful keepsake for the occasion on his car. Hopefully he'll post some pics.

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 7

Well, the goose and his gosling came and went. Personally, I enjoyed the time he and I spent around the fire sharing life, while the boys played in the house watching Mystery Science Theater 3000 (first time for the lad).

The kids had a blast sword fighting in the bathroom, and in the backyard around 10:30 pm. We made smores from improvised material. They climbed Tombstone Mountain. I showed them a Shagbark Hickory tree. We watched a goat lick horse nads, and perhaps nipping a bit on them (No lie). The goat also drank his own pee (no lie). Goose saved my youngest son's life (it was a slow motion experience) while checking out a cave. We ate, made merry, then kicked them down the road...and it was all my pleasure!

The Dad and Lad ate well, and with good manners I must say. Goose has done a great job with his son. Very polite, very appreciative of hospitality, and has joyful glow radiating from his face at all times. Ate all that was put in front of him. Kids don't come out of the womb like that you know, that takes a parent's effort.

Goose also got a wonderful keepsake for the occasion on his car. Hopefully he'll post some pics.

As long as you guys saw a goat lick horse nads that's all that really matters.

• Like 5

Well, the goose and his gosling came and went. Personally, I enjoyed the time he and I spent around the fire sharing life, while the boys played in the house watching Mystery Science Theater 3000 (first time for the lad).

I've got pictures...no lie
  • Like 1

Who doesn't have pics of a goat licking horse nads?

• Like 2

I'll bet Lorraine doesn't. Puttin' money down on that
  • Like 2

I'll bet she claims she doesn't.

• Like 1

Back to the journey itself...

Even though there's still much to see & do, I can't believe the trip is (relatively) almost over for you two goose! Oddly, I kind of want to see you guys keep going and meet up with the rest of your family somewhere in Central America next spring then continue traveling down to South America throughout summer '17. Something cool about that. Anyway...

• Like 2

Yeah I'm there with you. Probably has a basement full of pics like that
  • Like 1

Yeah I'm there with you. Probably has a basement full of pics like that

I like the way you think.

You've got a mind full of goat nuts and goats licking horse nuts!

• Like 1

Me! (Thankfully.)

But thank you, TN, for the GooseNews.

• Like 1

Here's some pics from Goose's visit:

This is Jake hanging out in the tent he help set up for the Dad and lad

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/IMG_20161017_183201_01_zpswrraqsit.jpg

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/IMG_20161017_183207_01_zps6nsk8s0m.jpg

Dinnertime with the fella's. Chili Dogs and all kinds of good stuff

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/IMG_20161017_183159_01_zpszyzxfqb6.jpg

The lads hanging out at the campfire. Smores were made with mini marshmallows, hazelnut spread, and saltine crackers

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/IMG_20161017_183156_01_zps2s2vbrku.jpg

Here's an unfocused pic of breakfast. It rocked! And yes, my kids wear housecoats.

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/IMG_20161017_183150_01_zpstpdkutsg.jpg

and here are the horses. Notice the goat near the Horse nads

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/IMG_20161017_183144_01_zps7m1obtlb.jpg

These horses actually hang out in the woods most of the day.

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/IMG_20161017_183147_01_zps9bxv89sw.jpg

A campfire that kept us warm.

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/IMG_20161017_183153_01_zpsruwmf69v.jpg

Sniff...they are on their way to Nashville now. Goose better post some of his pics. These are all I got

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/IMG_20161017_183139_01_zpsejtwlua0.jpg

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 7

A parting gift from his Tombstone Mountain stop.

I don't know when he saw it first,

but he was a good ways down the road when he noticed his new license plate

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20161017_194046_01_zpsnexat3bk.jpg

• Like 6

Road update: The Goose and Gosling were spotted in Little rock, AR yesterday! We had a late lunch together as they wind their way home.

I didn't get to slip a Razorback license plate onto their car but they did leave with a couple of Razorbacks on their heads!! Woo Pig Sooie!!!

They are having some serious fun together and making lifelong memories!

http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp11/tdpd7/Goose_zpsmhynivmu.jpg

Edited by Mystic Rythm
  • Like 6

Road update: The Goose and Gosling were spotted in Little rock, AR yesterday! We had a late lunch together as they wind their way home.

I didn't get to slip a Razorback license plate onto their car but they did leave with a couple of Razorbacks on their heads!! Woo Pig Sooie!!!

It was funny how it went down. I took my cordless drill outside and installed the plate in the dark. Goose thought it strange and made a comment about starting the fire with the drill or something to that effect. I just said "Yeah, a friction fire". It's cool you got to meet the guys. They certainly are special people.
  • Like 3

It was funny how it went down. I took my cordless drill outside and installed the plate in the dark. Goose thought it strange and made a comment about starting the fire with the drill or something to that effect. I just said "Yeah, a friction fire". It's cool you got to meet the guys. They certainly are special people.

Special people? Like the ones that ride the short bus? :unsure:
  • Like 1

Special people? Like the ones that ride the short bus? :unsure:

They would be the ones that would help you and I find the short bus we were supposed to get on. That kind of special! ;)
  • Like 5

We watched a goat lick horse nads, and perhaps nipping a bit on them (No lie).

Wait ... I thought you lived in Goatnut, not Horsenut?

Goatnut and Horsenut is like the Saigon and Ho Chi Minh thang. Locals call it Saigon, but generally anyone outside calls it Ho Ch Minh. Hence, the reason why you fly to Ho Chi Minh but never Saigon

• Like 2

What a wonderful trip for you and the Lad to share! So glad you are sharing your journey with us . Are you keeping up with the Dodgers? My Mom was a big fan and she would be happy they made the NLDS. Happy trails!

I catch the games on the car radio if I am travelling. Otherwise, we are way too busy! :)
  • Like 1

And here's the final entry, which features TRF favorite sons Tombstone Mountain and Mystic Rhythm!

IMG_20161016_051907.jpg 20161017_152720.jpg

http://toddontheroad2016.blogspot.com/2016/10/days-34-38-appalachia-elvis-and-long.html

What an amazing trip it was! Glad I could share it with everyone. :)

http://toddontheroad2016.blogspot.com/2016/10/days-34-38-appalachia-elvis-and-long.html

• Like 5