SONG BATTLE: Red Lenses vs. High Water

fraroc

22 members have voted

1. 1. Red Lenses vs High Water

• Red Lenses
    • High Water
    • I like both

As a teen rocker, I was taken aback by that tune when hearing it for the first time. Now I think it's a bitchin tune Edited by toymaker

Red Lenses is actually my 3rd favourite on GUP, after Between the Wheels and Distant Early Warning.

I just love the groove

• Like 1

Red Lenses is not a good song. I can listen to it, but the arrangement doesn't really work for me.

High Water I have always really liked, although I think certain parts should have sped up a bit for contrast.

Wow, your song battles really suck. Don't think any Rush fan ever has liked both these songs enough to have a debate on which one is better.

if he had titled this the worst of Rush battle....different ballgame then, lol

cause these wow suck-y songs, lol

Mick

I like both of these songs a lot, but I'll give High Water the nod. I especially like Geddy's vocals on the chorus and Alex's heavier guitar sound during the second verse.

Wow, your song battles really suck. Don't think any Rush fan ever has liked both these songs enough to have a debate on which one is better.

Oh, I disagree!

I much, much, much prefer High Water. Red Lenses I tolerate, but I think it's easily the weakest song on a very strong album. High Water is a good song on one of their best albums.

There's enough in my summation there to start a good debate, don't you think? ;)

That's the point.