TRF's possibly first official Beatles thread!

Man I had a thing for Barbara Bach back in the day. I probably saw The Spy Who Loved me like eight times in the theater. And she still looks great.

• Like 1

My top three are easy: Dear Prudence, Across the Universe, and Tomorrow Never Knows.

Rounding ou the top ten:

I Feel Fine

IJust Saw I've Just Seen a Face (thanks Goose!)

Norwegian Wood

Paperback Writer

I'm Only Sleeping

It's All Too Much

Because

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 2

I Just Saw a Face

I can't forget the time or place...

But I can forget the exact title of the song. ;)

It's probably auto correct.

:LOL:

:fuckinputer:

Edited by goose

Oh geeze... 10 Beatles songs? I'll give it a go, but there are so many.

That said... my #1 pick might well be my all time favorite song by anyone...

1) A Day In The Life

2) Strawberry Fields Forever

3) Something

4) Tomorrow Never Knows

5) Across the Universe

6) Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End (all one song to me)

7) Because

8) She Said She Said

9) Ticket to Ride

10) Paperback Writer

• Like 4

Man I had a thing for Barbara Bach back in the day. I probably saw The Spy Who Loved me like eight times in the theater. And she still looks great.

Force 10 from Navarone was on the other day...you actually see her...ahem..little Bach's...

• Like 1

From what i heard, Ringo plays the piano chord at the end of A Day In The Life. Did anyone else hear that?

From what i heard, Ringo plays the piano chord at the end of A Day In The Life. Did anyone else hear that?

Numerous people played the final chord. George was the only actual Beatle not to play the chord.

Ringo does play the organ on "I'm Looking Through You". It's only one chord.

• Like 2

Numerous people played the final chord. George was the only actual Beatle not to play the chord.

Ringo does play the organ on "I'm Looking Through You". It's only one chord.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info!

Yeah, a bunch a people play it. Ringo is famous for accidentally letting his chord come to an end before the others I think.

• Like 1

The white Album is perfect. PERFECT i say, lol

Mick

It's a wild ride. Personally, I wouldn't change a thing.

Oh my word this ×infinity

• Like 1

Alright, I'm moving on from song rankings. Album ranking time (much easier for this band IMO, though still harder than for most)

My rankings of the ones I've heard.

1. Abbey Road (now THIS is perfection...except Because)

2. Sgt. Pepper's (took a long time to grow on me, but grow on me it did. The magic is in the little moments)

3. Rubber Soul (this could easily swap with sp, it's really a much more solid album than I ever expected to hear from them)

4. Magical Mystery Tour (American version, incredible song after incredible song, like a greatest hits)

5. Revolver (happy 50th, but it still lacks blend and flow to my ears...though I could do to revisit)

6. Hard Day's Night (the hits are incredible, the deep cuts are pretty filler)

Bonus. I also have the American version of Help (or maybe it's a soundtrack version) on vinyl, which I would put somewhere between HDN and MMT.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 3

Alright, I'm moving on from song rankings. Album ranking time (much easier for this band IMO, though still harder than for most)

2. Sgt. Pepper's (took a long time to grow on me, but grow on me it did. The magic is in the little moments)

3. Rubber Soul (this could easily swap with sp, it's really a much more solid album than I ever expected to hear from them)

4. Magical Mystery Tour (American version, incredible song after incredible song, like a greatest hits)

5. Revolver (happy 50th, but it still lacks blend and flow to my ears...though I could do to revisit)

Bonus. I also have the American version of Help (or maybe it's a soundtrack version) on vinyl, which I would put somewhere between HDN and MMT.

To me, "Because" is one of THE top tracks on Abbey Road! I can sure do without "Octopus' Garden," though.

Actually, "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" isn't that hot either.

• Like 1

To me, "Because" is one of THE top tracks on Abbey Road! I can sure do without "Octopus' Garden," though.

Actually, "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" isn't that hot either.

In context they are both fine. But....on their own, not so much.

• Like 1

I think "Because" is immaculate. The arrangement and the harmonies are freakin' great!

I can't give Abbey Road a 10/10 because of "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" and "Octopus's Garden" both being on the album. They are fun songs, but two novelty songs is too much, especially with all the great unrecorded songs they had available at the time. It still a breath of fresh air album, especially side two flawlessly threading together so many odds and ends. It's simply so fun to listen to.

• Like 3

I think "Because" is immaculate. The arrangement and the harmonies are freakin' great!

I can't give Abbey Road a 10/10 because of "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" and "Octopus's Garden" both being on the album. They are fun songs, but two novelty songs is too much, especially with all the great unrecorded songs they had available at the time. It still a breath of fresh air album, especially side two flawlessly threading together so many odds and ends. It's simply so fun to listen to.

ReRushed...I absolutely love the bones of you sometimes!

Now I am going to say something you will find ridiculous: Octopus's Garden is one of my favourite songs.

But...this is because of sentimental value.

So I agree, these two songs make little sense amongst the rest of the album. In fact, Let It Be and Don't Let Me Down would have been so much better. Even Across The Universe...bits and pieces of Let It Be (the album) could (and should) have been polished up for this record!

• Like 2

Alright, I'm moving on from song rankings. Album ranking time

Abbey Road

Revolver

Rubber Soul

The Beatles

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Help!

A Hard Day's Night

Magical Mystery Tour

Let It Be

With the Beatles

Beatles for Sale

Please Please Me

Yellow Submarine

The first nine (and YS being last) are easy for me. The earlier albums are pretty much equal to me, it just comes down to a few songs I like the most.

• Like 2

Here are my rankings/ratings:

Revolver [10/10]

The Beatles [9.5/10]

Rubber Soul [9/10]

A Hard Day's Night [9/10]

Abbey Road [9/10]

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band [9/10]

With the Beatles [8.5/10]

Magical Mystery Tour [8/10]

Let It Be [7/10] (Let It Be... Naked gets a 8.5/10]

Beatles for Sale [7/10]

Please Please Me [7/10]

Help! [7/10]

Yellow Submarine [6/10]

• Like 2

Here are my rankings/ratings:

Revolver [10/10]

The Beatles [9.5/10]

Rubber Soul [9/10]

A Hard Day's Night [9/10]

Abbey Road [9/10]

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band [9/10]

With the Beatles [8.5/10]

Magical Mystery Tour [8/10]

Let It Be [7/10] (Let It Be... Naked gets a 8.5/10]

Beatles for Sale [7/10]

Please Please Me [7/10]

Help! [7/10]

Yellow Submarine [6/10]

Interesting...

We aren't a million miles apart here either!!

• Like 2