The Gush Over Rush Thread

Lorraine

This guitar cover has made me appreciate Mission just that bit more. :)

That's interesting. I usually focus on the keyboard in that song and don't really pay much attention to the guitar. Cool to see it played like that.

• Like 1

How many remasters were done of Signals?

I just listened to an album version of The Weapon and I don't like the way it sounded. It was this one:

Maybe Segue had a point in GuP sounding better than Signals.

Don't forget that YouTube compresses the sound when you upload a video. It's not going to sound as good as the CD version.

• Like 1

I just listened to an album version of The Weapon and I don't like the way it sounded. It was this one:

Don't forget that YouTube compresses the sound when you upload a video. It's not going to sound as good as the CD version.

I noticed a while back that nothing sounded as good, nor do videos look as good.

I noticed a while back that nothing sounded as good, nor do videos look as good.

Unless it's in HD, which helps. They compress files to save bandwidth.

Couple of cool finds at an antique place today:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/msspielm1/IMG_20160827_193051120_zpswfdot2nx.jpg

And kind of a cool "retrospective" framed thing for silent auction (I didn't bid...maybe I should go back...)

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/msspielm1/IMG_20160820_180528118_zps8npjgslo.jpg

• Like 8

Wow. You actually found that in an antique place?

And I like the second one a lot too. I would love to have something like that.

I did in fact! There are two huge antique places outside of Waterloo, and every once in a while I go hunting for the holy grail (the Moon records first Rush 45) amongst the thousands of 45s. I'll never find it, but occasionally I come across other things. I don't really need another copy of the red vinyl Hemispheres, but the poster was in much better shape than mine . . . and I have a compulsion . . . and after all, I am the Red Vinyl Ambassador . . .

Yeah, the poster thing has a lot of cool pictures.

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 3

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/msspielm1/IMG_20160827_193051120_zpswfdot2nx.jpg

And kind of a cool "retrospective" framed thing for silent auction (I didn't bid...maybe I should go back...)

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/msspielm1/IMG_20160820_180528118_zps8npjgslo.jpg

If I didn't know any better, I'd say those were video clip rips.

That's a drum cover. Does it say who did it?

No. I wonder if it's that drummer whose videos I posted a few weeks back?

It is from a user called Pauliewanna. I didn't think I could get to YouTube on my phone but I can. If you click on their name on YouTube you can see all of their videos.

I did in fact! There are two huge antique places outside of Waterloo, and every once in a while I go hunting for the holy grail (the Moon records first Rush 45) amongst the thousands of 45s. I'll never find it, but occasionally I come across other things. I don't really need another copy of the red vinyl Hemispheres, but the poster was in much better shape than mine . . . and I have a compulsion . . . and after all, I am the Red Vinyl Ambassador . . .

I don't have a vinyl copy of the first single either. You can get the cottage industry reissues fairly easily, but that's not really my thing.

How many red vinyl copies of Hemispheres do you have? Do you have other copies of Rush red vinyl or just Hemispheres?

What country is the New World Man single from?

• Like 1

You're in Canada too and have a much better chance of running across Rush stuff up there.

It would be a miracle if I ran into something like that in my neck of the woods.

• Like 1

I don't have a vinyl copy of the first single either. You can get the cottage industry reissues fairly easily, but that's not really my thing.

How many red vinyl copies of Hemispheres do you have? Do you have other copies of Rush red vinyl or just Hemispheres?

I just figure somewhere in those thousands of 45s there must be a copy . . . musn't there?

I have my older brother's copy of the red Hemispheres. I bought his son/my nephew a copy I found at a vinyl show a couple of years ago, and I couldn't resist buying this one today.

I guess the 45 is Canadian. It says it's manufactured by Anthem of Canada and distributed by Capitol/EMI of Canada. I like that it has a heavy cardstock sleeve.

• Like 1

I just figure somewhere in those thousands of 45s there must be a copy . . . musn't there?

I have my older brother's copy of the red Hemispheres. I bought his son/my nephew a copy I found at a vinyl show a couple of years ago, and I couldn't resist buying this one today.

I guess the 45 is Canadian. It says it's manufactured by Anthem of Canada and distributed by Capitol/EMI of Canada. I like that it has a heavy cardstock sleeve.

Yup, it's Canadian. The US and UK sleeves aren't made as well. I always thought that was cool. I still wonder why Vital Signs from that record never made it to a CD (except for radio shows or bootlegs.)

I forgot you are from Canada. No wonder you have a great chance to run into some cool stuff. Much more of a chance to run into a Moon (Especially in the GTA) there than here.

• Like 1

I think Grace Under Pressure is a better record than Signals. Signals has good tunes, but GuP taken as a whole is a dark masterpiece.

• Like 4

I think Grace Under Pressure is a better record than Signals. Signals has good tunes, but GuP taken as a whole is a dark masterpiece.

OMG, I love both. I can't choose.

toymaker, this is incredible, I'm happy for you! Thanks for sharing more gushing. :D

• Like 2

:bump:

:yes:

We still have a lot to Gush over Rush.

I'm Gushing at some t-shirts and A Desert Passage bootleg. :)

Is that a show from the Hemispheres tour ??

( ok, yep .. I just checked Nov 20 1978 )

GUSH GUSH GUSH

:D

• Like 2