The Gush Over Rush Thread

Lorraine

Aww, Rhyv! I always love "new" Rush stuff that I haven't seen yet. :wub:

Geddy's facial expressions at the beginning are priceless! So Geddy-ish. :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

He's very authentic and 'himself' whever possible. That's why he is who he is! :rush:

Looks like he was thinking "Is this guy for real???"

And Alex looks like "I really wish this interview was ending rather than beginning."

:joker:

• Like 1

Uhm. Anyone notice Geddy's little - er - moves at around 3:00 or so: https://www.youtube....ayer_detailpage

I hope I did the link right. I tried to link it at the point I'm talking about.

Nice catch! Gush, gush. I don't remember seeing him quite like that before, he's really got some moves! :wub:

• Like 1

Uhm. Anyone notice Geddy's little - er - moves at around 3:00 or so: https://www.youtube....ayer_detailpage

Nice catch! Gush, gush. I don't remember seeing him quite like that before, he's really got some moves! :wub:

Did the link take you to the exact place he starts doing it?

Don't know how to do it for sure. Someone here posted a video link that did that and I should have asked him how he did it.

But...back to Geddy and his wiggles. :yes: :LOL: :cool:

• Like 1

Did the link take you to the exact place he starts doing it?

Don't know how to do it for sure. Someone here posted a video link that did that and I should have asked him how he did it.

But...back to Geddy and his wiggles. :yes: :LOL: :cool:

The link actually brings up the whole video from the beginning, but since you put 3:00, it was really helpful! I was able to fast forward to that part right away to see what you were talking about! :D :D Definitely worth gushing over!

• Like 2

There is a way to get the link to take you to the exact spot in the video.

Maybe someone here knows how to do it and will share their knowledge with us! :)

On YouTube, if you hit the "share" button, it gives you an option to "Start at:" like so:

29654608503_a1b560e455_b.jpg

Pause the video where you want playback to start and check that box, and it will make the link for you. You can also type in the time you want. Then copy the generated link not from the browser bar, but from the box as shown, post it here, and Bob's your uncle!

https://youtu.be/MwIxHcs6wFk?t=3m6s

NOTE: The "embed" feature will not work with the custom start feature even if you remove the s from the https, but the link will work, as above.

(I'm pretty sure that was the move you were after? ;) :D )

Edited by GeddysMullet
  • Like 1

:wub: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Another great Rush song that gets little love on account of the fact that they play it so much live.

It IS a great song! Those big bright exciting chords at the very beginning never fail to make me smile.

• Like 1

Another great Rush song that gets little love on account of the fact that they play it so much live.

Lorraine, speaking of great Rush songs that are often played live, I know that you like Dreamline. What is your favourite version of that? My husband once went on a kick where he had to listen repeatedly to every official* live recording of Dreamline that we have in an effort to figure out which is his absolute favourite. I never cared about this song much, but it has grown on me greatly thanks to my husband's obsession! :LOL:

He settled on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZP34DcK94

*He doesn't like bootlegs.

• Like 1

Still watching that interview. :)

What strikes me the most about Rush is how they were willing, in 1987, to give up their livelihood rather than their families (Geddy starts to talk about it at about 43:00).

How many other bands would have did that?

I don't know that I would have myself. As much as I hate to admit this, I have to be honest. I would have reasoned that i could always replace loved ones with new loved ones, but I couldn't have replaced fame and a career that I had worked so hard and long to achieve, and I would not have been willing to lose that.

This has always astounded me about Rush almost more than anything else about them.

• Like 1

Lorraine, speaking of great Rush songs that are often played live, I know that you like Dreamline. What is your favourite version of that? My husband once went on a kick where he had to listen repeatedly to every official* live recording of Dreamline that we have in an effort to figure out which is his absolute favourite. I never cared about this song much, but it has grown on me greatly thanks to my husband's obsession! :LOL:

He settled on this:

I think I might hear why your husband thinks this is the best one. I hear stuff from Alex's guitar that I never heard before. I'm not sure if that's because it was drowned out before or whether it was something new he added for that tour.

He settled on this:

I think I might hear why your husband thinks this is the best one. I hear stuff from Alex's guitar that I never heard before. I'm not sure if that's because it was drowned out before or whether it was something new he added for that tour.

Yeah, my husband is an Alex fan, and I'm pretty sure it's the strength of the guitar in it that he especially likes about that version. He wrote a guitar solo for one of his songs that was inspired by the Dreamline solo.

• Like 1

Now I'm in a Snakes mood.

I will always be grateful to RUDT (who now has a difffernt user name) for shaming me into listening to the album again. I had listened to it and did not like it at all. But due to RUDT and his shaming me, I gave it another listen, and I honestly am glad that I did. The album has some of the best material Rush has ever done.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Now I'm in a Snakes mood.

I will always be grateful to RUDT (who now has a difffernt user name) for shaming me into listening to the album again. I had listened to it and did not like it at all. But due to RUDT and his shaming me, I gave it another listen, and I honestly am glad that I did. The album has some of the best material Rush has ever done.

I prefer to leave be the ones who unnappreciate S&A. I'm quite sure you're doing the same.

Snakes & Arrows is close to Presto someway, with certain differences:

- more developed sound system;

- technically mature.

It's Rush unique style and it's equally sensitive.

Edited by rhyv