The Gush Over Rush Thread

Lorraine

It has some of Alex's best guitar work on it. In fact, if it hadn't been for Alex, I wouldn't have grown to love many of the songs on the album. As an example, it was his guitar that saved Spindrift for me.

Spindrift is absolutely among my faves.

I appreciate all songs in the album. There are the less appreciated ones, but in general, I do like it so much.

When we thought they were over... they came up with S&A.

Good.

• Like 1

There is a way to get the link to take you to the exact spot in the video.

Maybe someone here knows how to do it and will share their knowledge with us! :)

On YouTube, if you hit the "share" button, it gives you an option to "Start at:" like so:

29654608503_a1b560e455_b.jpg

Pause the video where you want playback to start and check that box, and it will make the link for you. You can also type in the time you want. Then copy the generated link not from the browser bar, but from the box as shown, post it here, and Bob's your uncle!

https://youtu.be/MwIxHcs6wFk?t=3m6s

NOTE: The "embed" feature will not work with the custom start feature even if you remove the s from the https, but the link will work, as above.

(I'm pretty sure that was the move you were after? ;) :D )

I'm sweating. :LOL:

Another great Snakes song that gets little to no love on TRF: Who hasn't felt like that in their life?

I do like this one too!!

The positive message is great!

How many times in our lives we felt this way, indeed?

We all hold on, at some point.

• Like 1

Another good one is Ghost Rider from VT. Has some of Neil's best lyrics and the song never fails to make me tear up when I hear it.

Edit: I still would love to know what happened to that nice little black top Geddy wore in Rio. :wub:

Edited by Lorraine

Another good one is Ghost Rider from VT. Has some of Neil's best lyrics and the song never fails to make me tear up when I hear it.

Edit: I still would love to know what happened to that nice little black top Geddy wore in Rio. :wub:

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Nothing can stop you noo-ow

• Like 1

It's probably a cleaning rag by now.

It's probably a cleaning rag by now.

Pity.

• Like 1

This is a great rendition of The Big Money from ASOH:

It's funny, I hated this era when it was going on. Everything from the music to the clothes they wore made me cringe. I can watch it now and appreciate the music and playing, but I still kind of laugh in embarrassment for them.

• Like 1

It's funny, I hated this era when it was going on. Everything from the music to the clothes they wore made me cringe. I can watch it now and appreciate the music and playing, but I still kind of laugh in embarrassment for them.

I loved that era, and I absolutely adore how Geddy looks in those black skinny jeans. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by Lorraine

I loved that era, and I absolutely adore how Geddy looks in those black skinny jeans. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Ugh. :LOL:

• Like 1

At work today I ran into a customer sporting a Clockwork Angels tour jersey. We chatted for a few, where I shared my love for Rush. It was a cool moment.
  • Like 2

At work today I ran into a customer sporting a Clockwork Angels tour jersey. We chatted for a few, where I shared my love for Rush. It was a cool moment.

I would love to run into just one person out here that loves Rush.

It would be so wonderful to encounter someone outside of the internet that I could gush to about them.

• Like 1

A while back, I accompanied my dad to this Saturday seminar thing in a city an hour from home. There, I met a Rush fan...we didn't have much time to chat, but he was pretty cool.
  • Like 1

It would be so wonderful to encounter someone outside of the internet that I could gush to about them.

It helps if you wear a Rush T-shirt regularly when you go out or have something on your car etc. that identifies you as a fan. I have met quite a few people that way.

• Like 1

It helps if you wear a Rush T-shirt regularly when you go out or have something on your car etc. that identifies you as a fan. I have met quite a few people that way.

I have done that and still no takers.

I have done that and still no takers.

I love to go out with my Rush T-shirt. :)

I do it for myself, to myself.

Sometimes people appreciate it.

When it happens I notice few attitudes. Smiles, eyelooks, reading the front or back of my t-shirt.

Once I was on the subway and another guy who enjoys Rush noticed my red Vapor Trails t-shirt.

He said: "Wow, she likes Rush! Cool!" - with a simple smile. :)

We didn't stop to talk really, but this contact was interessting.

All because of :rush: :yes:

Edited by rhyv
  • Like 1

My Rush Replay came today. It even has the individual booklets! :)

It does?!?!?!

Ooh I might finally get this!

• Like 1