The Gush Over Rush Thread

Lorraine

:bump:

:yes:

We still have a lot to Gush over Rush.

I'm Gushing at some t-shirts and A Desert Passage bootleg. :)

Is that a show from the Hemispheres tour ??

( ok, yep .. I just checked Nov 20 1978 )

GUSH GUSH GUSH

:D

EXACTLY!

That's a great bootleg.

• Like 2

:bump:

:yes:

We still have a lot to Gush over Rush.

I'm Gushing at some t-shirts and A Desert Passage bootleg. :)

Thanks, Rhyv, for bumping this.

A Desert Passage is one of my favorite bootlegs from one of the best tours named after one of Rush's greatest (if not the greatest) albums.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

Do you know, Toymaker, where the version of Working Man they are playing is from? Is that the original album cut? That's the best I've ever heard and, if that's Rutsey on the drums, he's pretty good.

I love listening to the young Alex play that guitar. There's an energy and life in that playing!!

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Do you know, Toymaker, where the version of Working Man they are playing is from? Is that the original album cut? That's the best I've ever heard and, if that's Rutsey on the drums, he's pretty good.

I love listening to the young Alex play that guitar. There's an energy and life in that playing!!

Yeah, that's the original album version. Fantastic playing, for sure. There is an alternate take of the song's solo, called the "vault edition" (the solo starts at 1:30):

• Like 3

Yeah, that's the original album version. Fantastic playing, for sure. There is an alternate take of the song's solo, called the "vault edition" (the solo starts at 1:30):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D92PlVNAgno

This thread was an excellent idea. Perfect music memories.

Gotta love it!

:clap:

• Like 2

Another good bootleg from the Hemispheres tour is Buenas Nochas, Motor City! 12/02/78

I'm not sure if I've heard that one. I'm going to look for it on youtube (my main source of bootlegs).

• Like 2

Xanadu is a majestic song. That's a good adjective for it - majestic.

Eel mentioned this bootleg

and I'm listening to Xanadu from it right now.

Good word. It has all the qualities you want in an emotionally evocative track - atmosphere, interesting musical themes, escalation, heaviness, soaring vocals, a devastating solo, and a satisfying outro.

• Like 1

Good word. It has all the qualities you want in an emotionally evocative track - atmosphere, interesting musical themes, escalation, heaviness, soaring vocals, a devastating solo, and a satisfying outro.

If Rush had never did another song, Xanadu would have been enough to remember them by for decades to come.

• Like 2

If Rush had never did another song, Xanadu would have been enough to remember them by for decades to come.

What's interesting about Xanadu is when I bought the album it was my least favorite song on there and it was for the longest. You have to remember this was my first "new album release" by them I ever bought and it was akin to a religious experience for me to drop the needle and hear this album. A very different time back then of course. I had the same experience with Jacob's Ladder also. Needless to say they have grown on me over time...lol :LOL:
  • Like 3

What's interesting about Xanadu is when I bought the album it was my least favorite song on there and it was for the longest. You have to remember this was my first "new album release" by them I ever bought and it was akin to a religious experience for me to drop the needle and hear this album. A very different time back then of course. I had the same experience with Jacob's Ladder also. Needless to say they have grown on me over time...lol :LOL:

Wow. Xanadu is what made me a Rush fan.

• Like 3

Wow. Xanadu is what made me a Rush fan.

The first time I listened it was on Exit... Stage Left. It took me a while to really get into it. After the third spin I thought: What I quite cool song!

I like it, yes. Good work on lyrics, vocals, bass and keyboards.

• Like 3