The Gush Over Rush Thread

Lorraine

^^^^Oh man. wow... that was an amazing moment during a show with MANY unforgettable moments.

My "gush" moment these days? The guitar solo in Ghost of a Chance. DAMN....

It's something I still can't explain: the feeling it shows on the melody and it's provoked on the audience.

This solo is among the best ones!

:Alex:

• Like 2

^^^^Oh man. wow... that was an amazing moment during a show with MANY unforgettable moments.

My "gush" moment these days? The guitar solo in Ghost of a Chance. DAMN....

It's something I still can't explain: the feeling it shows on the melody and it's provoked on the audience.

This solo is among the best ones!

:Alex:

Indeed :) Am I right that it was a "first take" solo? I thought I heard that somewhere... So much emotion and soul in it.... that's always been something that's made me appreciate Alex's style of playing.

• Like 1

Want to gush over Secret Touch! An incredibly under-rated song, just discovered it a couple weeks ago while watching a Vapor Trails bootleg, top-notch song. Effortlessly switches between hard and soft sections, and is filled with top-notch melodies.

The riff Lifeson does at 4 minutes in... WOW.

I have loved that song from the first time I ever heard it. Agree with you that it is under rated. I think that's some of Neil's best lyrics in that song.

Rarely do I listen to the album cut though. Mostly just the live versions from the VT tour.

Don't forget this version, I remember you liking it very much when I first brought it to your attention!

http://youtu.be/ZzduVC7eecU

• Like 1

Couple of Geddy interviews I've only just now seen

I couldn't even begin to imagine how much all those basses cost. Easily a few million between those and the ones he has at home at least.

• Like 1

What is the last question the interviewer asks Geddy in Part Two ..when Geddy answers he hopes he doesnt find it ? I can't make it out. Right at the very end .

If there's a bass buyers anonymous

I need to gush because I've come back to Rush after 25 of living in Australia where I got sidetracked with culture shock and life intruding. Now I am consumed with Rushness and have gone back to the beginning and right up to R40. I never got to see them live except of DVD. I will try not to simply gush over Geddy because he really floats my boat in all ways. I am in awe of Alex's guitar gymnastics, Neil's beat the crap out of his huge drum kit and the three making more music than three people could possibly make. I even love listening to drum solos! Favourite songs: Free Will, Far Cry, Xanadu, Dreamline, Red Barchetta, 2112. I am so sorry to see them old because it's like looking in the mirror (I'm a few years older than they are) and can sympathise with the aches and pains but I Don't Want Them to Stop!!! Sigh. Anyone tell a hopeless dummy how to find bootlegs?
  • Like 3

I need to gush because I've come back to Rush after 25 of living in Australia where I got sidetracked with culture shock and life intruding. Now I am consumed with Rushness and have gone back to the beginning and right up to R40. I never got to see them live except of DVD. I will try not to simply gush over Geddy because he really floats my boat in all ways. I am in awe of Alex's guitar gymnastics, Neil's beat the crap out of his huge drum kit and the three making more music than three people could possibly make. I even love listening to drum solos! Favourite songs: Free Will, Far Cry, Xanadu, Dreamline, Red Barchetta, 2112. I am so sorry to see them old because it's like looking in the mirror (I'm a few years older than they are) and can sympathise with the aches and pains but I Don't Want Them to Stop!!! Sigh. Anyone tell a hopeless dummy how to find bootlegs?

Welcome back to the fold. :) There are tons of bootlegs online. Even YouTube has a multitude of them. You could get on the list for the hard drive that's making the rounds...

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/60890-ext-hd-vine-is-here-complete-rush-audio/page__st__1900#entry4262756

The Different Stages subforum on here has lots of links as well.

Welcome back to the fold. :) There are tons of bootlegs online. Even YouTube has a multitude of them. You could get on the list for the hard drive that's making the rounds...

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/60890-ext-hd-vine-is-here-complete-rush-audio/page__st__1900#entry4262756

The Different Stages subforum on here has lots of links as well.

I've now spent too many pitiful Aussie dollars on bootlegs. I've watched a lot on YouTube but I'd like constant availability. Thanks for the welcome. I feel like the teenybopper I was in the 60's buying fan magazines etc.

• Like 1