The Gush Over Rush Thread

Lorraine

Brucey, you're right. It beats Rio hands down. A zillion times over. How did I miss this? It might just be the best live performance of any song they ever did. There's isn't one imperfect thing about it. Even the cinematography (not sure if that's the correct terminology, but I hope you know what I mean) is excellent.
  • Like 1

Brucey, you're right. It beats Rio hands down. A zillion times over. How did I miss this? It might just be the best live performance of any song they ever did. There's isn't one imperfect thing about it. Even the cinematography (not sure if that's the correct terminology, but I hope you know what I mean) is excellent.

I was surprised when I saw it. I've never been a massive fan of this song, but this live version specifically blew me away!

• Like 1

I was surprised when I saw it. I've never been a massive fan of this song, but this live version specifically blew me away!

I don't remember ever seeing it. Someone sent me a few years back a copy of R30, but I honestly don't recall Secret Touch.

Like I said, this may be the best, or one of their top five best, live performance of any Rush song ever.

• Like 1

I still think R30 is their best live DVD release, followed very closely by Snakes.

I'd be tempted to go for R40 purely for that second half set list, but R30 shades it for much better vocals, in my opinion.

I agree. If he had been able to sing as well as he did on R30 for R40 it would win hands down for the second set alone. Also they wouldn't have had to tune Hemispheres down and Lakeside Park would have been listenable.

• Like 1

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN SEE VIDEOS!!!!!!!!!
  • Like 1

Does anyone know why or what happened? How come we can all start seeing stuff at the same time?????

Yeah apparently it was YouTube's issue.

OK, here is one for Lorraine, to celebrate that she has video viewing back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0iPkP9TLlQ&list=RDe0iPkP9TLlQ

https://www.youtube....t=RDe0iPkP9TLlQ

I thought I had R30, but I mustn't because none of these look familiar to me.

this is great. I love the close up of half of Neil's face and Geddy always makes me laugh - he gets so into what he's doing off into his own little world.

Hastings is going out of business and they're having a huge sale now. I ought to pop over there and see what Rush stuff I can get a good deal on.

• Like 2