Most underrated Alex moment (No solos)

GrandDesigner

What do you guys feel is Alex's best moment in a song that isn't talked about very much and isn't a solo? Vapor Trails is my least favorite Rush album, but I've always thought that the riffs at 3:20 in Peaceable Kingdom and 4:00 in Secret Touch were some of the coolest things he's ever done and I never really hear them mentioned.
  • Like 2

I love the atmospheric strum he does in Ghost of a Chance when Geddy sings the "state of grace" line. Also love his work in The Necromancer.
  • Like 5

Tom Sawyer. That riff that goes from 0:46-0:52 and onward once Geddy starts singing got me hooked on Rush. It's a Geddy and Alex moment, not just Alex, but... it's pretty nice.

Afterimage, Alex's guitar work during the chorus.

• Like 3

I love the atmospheric strum he does in Ghost of a Chance when Geddy sings the "state of grace" line. Also love his work in The Necromancer.

Yes !!

The guitar through out The Necromancer is excellent, and again, Alex sets the tone during the intro

And while speaking of intro, I love the beginning of Before And After ... definitely a sign of things to come

• Like 4

What do you guys feel is Alex's best moment in a song that isn't talked about very much and isn't a solo? Vapor Trails is my least favorite Rush album, but I've always thought that the riffs at 3:20 in Peaceable Kingdom and 4:00 in Secret Touch were some of the coolest things he's ever done and I never really hear them mentioned.

On my way to Spotify to validate your opinions.

Yes!

• Like 1

That entire album qualifies for me but I love it for the masterpiece it is.

• Like 1

Ok here it is.

His most unappreciated, underrated moment.

The whole song is epic, but his work from 4:00 to 4:50

absolutely fries my brain...especially 4.39 to 4:50

But it can't be a solo in this thread.

So, let's roll with this

Far Cry :43 to :51

The muted harmonics are crazy awesome

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 2

LVS.

Pick any part of that song.

I love what he's doing during Geddy's little jazzy bass run.

If memory serves, he always did something like this

http://imagehosting.biz/images/2016/02/01/4m2.gif

• Like 1