Tommy Shaw

Rik Emmett

Jack Blades

Eddie Vedder

Tom Petty

I like many of the already named ones as well:

Chris Cornell

Steve Perry

I am drawn to a tenor voice too and with the exception of Tom Petty and Eddie Vedder many of the voices I like are in that range. Oh and I love a great harmony too. Tommy Shaw and Jack Blades are so good at that.

• Like 2

Paul Rodgers

Geddy Lee

Lou Gramm

Bruce Dickinson

Freddie Murcury

Rob Halford

Ronnie James Dio

Steven Wilson

Steve Walsh

Mick

Pay attention, Segue! And your friend, no less!! :LOL: :cool: ;) ;)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Paul Rodgers

Geddy Lee

Lou Gramm

Bruce Dickinson

Freddie Murcury

Rob Halford

Ronnie James Dio

Steven Wilson

Steve Walsh

Mick

Pay attention, Segue! And your friend, no less!! :LOL: :cool: ;) ;)

IT WAS SUCH A LONG LIST!!

Lolsies

• Like 2

Best singers?

I'll go with Freddie Mercury. Queen had four distinct and diverse songwriters. Freddie's range, cockiness and strength stitched it all together quite brilliantly.

I also think Ian Gillan gets lost in the mix. He's an incredibly powerful singer who is pretty much overlooked by many. I know there's a lot of Coverdale preference on this forum, but Gillan helped define hard rock singing. And he sang with the best overall line-up of Deep Purple.

That's a little circular though. If you prefer Gillan, you naturally believe Mk II is the best overall line up. Unless you think Glover is appreciably better on bass than Hughes, I suppose. For me, Burn, Stormbringer and Come Taste the Band are Purple's best work.

Yeah, I see your point. I love those albums, as well (well, maybe not Come Taste the Band), but the albums with Gillan have a grittier and nastier attitude. I do put Burn on the same level as any Gillan album.

For all the talk about "Mk 15,243" with Purple, I'd guess Mk II is what most people think of when you say Deep Purple.

Michael Stipe is awesome.

Also, I love Bon Jovi's voice.

And Jon Anderson as well.

Best singers?

I'll go with Freddie Mercury. Queen had four distinct and diverse songwriters. Freddie's range, cockiness and strength stitched it all together quite brilliantly.

I also think Ian Gillan gets lost in the mix. He's an incredibly powerful singer who is pretty much overlooked by many. I know there's a lot of Coverdale preference on this forum, but Gillan helped define hard rock singing. And he sang with the best overall line-up of Deep Purple.

That's a little circular though. If you prefer Gillan, you naturally believe Mk II is the best overall line up. Unless you think Glover is appreciably better on bass than Hughes, I suppose. For me, Burn, Stormbringer and Come Taste the Band are Purple's best work.

Yeah, I see your point. I love those albums, as well (well, maybe not Come Taste the Band), but the albums with Gillan have a grittier and nastier attitude. I do put Burn on the same level as any Gillan album.

For all the talk about "Mk 15,243" with Purple, I'd guess Mk II is what most people think of when you say Deep Purple.

It's all because of "Smoke on the Water" and Perfect Strangers!

• Like 1

Black Francis - The Pixies - weird quirky nerdy cool - that boy can hollar

I wonder if anyone mentioned Kim Deal in the other thread about back-up singing? She complimented Black Francis perfectly. Debaser....

• Like 2

he was sort of the anti-cool lead singer...not technically proficient by any means but didn't give a f**k.

Has anyone mentioned Phil Lynott or another Irishman Van Morrison? Superb vocal range!
  • Like 1

I wonder if anyone mentioned Kim Deal in the other thread about back-up singing? She complimented Black Francis perfectly. Debaser....

I LOVE THE PIXIES!

"this monkeys gone to heaven"

• Like 1

I LOVE THE PIXIES!

where is my mind...way out...in the water...see it swimming.

I find myself singing that to myself when I'm in stupid mode.

• Like 1

Not my favorite by any means but Brian Johnson is perfect for AC-DC. If anyone could replace Bon in that band it's him!

I LOVE THE PIXIES!

where is my mind...way out...in the water...see it swimming.

I find myself singing that to myself when I'm in stupid mode.

"Outside there's a boxcar waiting..."

Best Beatles song the Beatles never wrote.

• Like 1

1. Freddy Mercury

2. Roger Daltry

No one else comes close to these two.

• Like 1