Band of the week

djflex

I'd like to suggest Tiger Army for down the road. It's interesting stuff and anyone who plays a stand up bass is ok by me :)

A girl in my school was obsessed with this band.

And Rancid.

Not sure if they are similar

• Like 1

Thanks DJFlex for this thread and "Band of the Week" idea. :cheers:

Thank you and for the bump.

Hopefully we can keep it going for a long time

Will try and get some ramones in this week!

• Like 1

RIP Marky

Turns out Marky is alive and well.

He was pretty funny on That Metal Show last year. They showed that video as well.

Well I have listened to three Ramones albums so far this week; Ramones, Road To Ruin, and Rocket To Russia.

My first impressions are that while I don't hate them I also don't fell drawn into their music either. I get that simplicity is the whole point and there's absolutely nothing bad about that, it just doesn't turn my crank, you know? I have a daughter who loves this band and I am not giving up on them yet. I didn't really care for Foo Fighters and Nirvana at first either but they grew on me. Foo Fighters has a very different style than The Ramones so not sure how valuable that comparison is but I was mainly making the point that I have grown to love bands that I didn't initially connect with.

I see and appreciate the fun in just letting it be what it is. Hey, sometimes that can be just what you want. For me most of the time it's the complex stuff like Porcupine Tree/SW, Rush, Genesis, etc.. that hits the spot. When I am tired or stressed and need to unplug from the world this is the music that will center me.

No worries ReGorLaTroy, I am still glad to try out a new band and have no regrets and hey I will keep listening and see what happens. :sundog:

• Like 2

How cool is this...

I made it through the entire Ramones catalog in exactly one week.

http://topline.szm.com/Ramones/discography_montage_w_dvd%5B1%5D.jpg

...I'm not ready for the Ramones fun to come to an end, so it is Ramones bootleg time!

• Like 5

Will we ever get a more obscure band featured? One that might be a surprise for everybody?

Sort of like last year when Kings X were marathoned by ReGor and some of us hadn't ever heard of them before...

• Like 1

Will we ever get a more obscure band featured? One that might be a surprise for everybody?

Sort of like last year when Kings X were marathoned by ReGor and some of us hadn't ever heard of them before...

pick some one for this week Segue...what about Kansas?

pick some one for this week Segue...what about Kansas?

We should do Def Leppard. With all the 80s rock that Segue has recently fell in love with, Lep is oddly one of those bands he hasn't gotten into yet. Maybe this will help.

• Like 2

Ok I will happily try Def Leppard again!

And next week, maybe Kansas?

• Like 2

I'll join. And I've never heard a full Leppard album. Where should I start?

Pyromania.

I'm not sure how much you would like them after their first three albums though. They get very mainstream sounding from Hysteria to now.

That I know. They came to Rio when Slang came out, and there were less than 200 people to see them.

Pyromania.

I'm not sure how much you would like them after their first three albums though. They get very mainstream sounding from Hysteria to now.

That I know. They came to Rio when Slang came out, and there were less than 200 people to see them.

Wow, they must not be too popular there. Ever since they late 80s they regularly fill arenas and amphitheaters around here. They still draw great crowds and tour North America often.

• Like 1

Ok I will happily try Def Leppard again!

And next week, maybe Kansas?

Just come in next sat or sunday and start Kansas, all good

I would think

I hink everyone is good with def leppard so lets just go with it

Give me an excuse to try the new one again

Pyromania.

Wow, they must not be too popular there. Ever since they late 80s they regularly fill arenas and amphitheaters around here. They still draw great crowds and tour North America often.

Wow is right. 200 or less. They were close to sold out at our local out door last year

• Like 2