Band of the week

djflex

For me Euphoria and X. I like both but Euphoria is probably a bit better. I love Paper Sun. I don't know what it means mind you, but I love it. :sundog:

YES Paper Sun is a great song, they were playing it off and on last year on their tour. Euphoria has some great songs on it.

• Like 2

Pyromania today. Still my favorite. My favorites are Photograph, Rock of Ages, Too Late For Love, and Rock! Rock! ('Til You Drop).
  • Like 3

High n dry today to wrap it up

My first def leppard i ever owned. I may still have the cassette somewhere lol

• Like 2

No music for me today. I am in my booth at a trade show and I am afraid blasting Def Leppard while it would be great from my perspective, might scare off the customers. :D Edited by catherine
  • Like 3

Well hope everyone enjoyed the week,

Our next band as selected by Segue is:

Kansas

Pretty sure there are some fans here. Also a completely different style than last weeks band

• Like 2

I got to see Kansas trainwreck Dust in the Wind live--yay for me!

Dust In The Wind is superior to any of the crap Rush ballads you rave about off Clockwork Angels. Time has been more than kind to Kansas biggest hits, and they are loved for good reason.

Dust In The Wind is superior to any of the crap Rush ballads you rave about off Clockwork Angels. Time has been more than kind to Kansas biggest hits, and they are loved for good reason.

Ouch.

• Like 1

Ouch.

Wow bud.

Didn't say I disliked the song. Just saying they trainwrecked when I saw them live. I hung out with them and watched Steve snort up a loooonnng line.

Don't make me taze you bro!

Halo Effect is not Dust in the Wind, but it's still a good song

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

Ouch.

Wow bud.

Didn't say I disliked the song. Just saying they trainwrecked when I saw them live. I hung out with them and watched Steve snort up a loooonnng line.

Don't make me taze you bro!

Halo Effect is not Dust in the Wind, but it's still a good song

Sorry.

Blame it on bad mood and tiredness and being an expert douche.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 3

So I gather the band for this week is Def Leppard....I'll have to give Slang another try I disliked the shit out of that album. It was like eating cigarette ashes. Didn't like Adrenalize....but I do remember seeing them so many times on Mtv. They were played so regularly way more than RUSH. I'm trying to remember IF THERE was a Rush song that was played on a regular basis....anyone remember any I was in college and working graveyard?

I also think a band getting MTV videos played in regular rotation helped drive record sales. Unlike today bands appear to make their dough in touring....well I got off subject there time to get some sleep.

The Big Money was played a ton. It had state of the art computer graphics!!! :gasp:
  • Like 1

I'm going to put on Point of Know Return right now...!

Would be impossible to skip that one!

Leftoverture on now. These two albums are a great one-two punch.

Point of Know Return is incredibly well-written, but is just a bit stiff in its execution for my tastes. Leftoverture has a slightly looser feel to me, which I tend to enjoy. Both albums are tremendous accomplishments, however.

• Like 3

I'm going to put on Point of Know Return right now...!

Would be impossible to skip that one!

Leftoverture on now. These two albums are a great one-two punch.

Point of Know Return is incredibly well-written, but is just a bit stiff in its execution for my tastes. Leftoverture has a slightly looser feel to me, which I tend to enjoy. Both albums are tremendous accomplishments, however.

Jammed both albums today...getting ready for this one!

• Like 2

I am gonna have to start tomorrow. I had a long and exhausting day and days like that call for Steven Wilson or Porcupine Tree. Listening to Stupid Dream and recharging. Having a Nashville brewed beer (Yazoo Brewing Co.) with it too. :cheers: Edited by catherine
  • Like 3

I am gonna have to start tomorrow. I had a long and exhausting day and days like that call for Steven Wilson or Porcupine Tree. Listening to Stupid Dream and recharging. Having a Nashville brewed beer (Yazoo Brewing Co.) with it too. :cheers:

Beer. Hmmm....
  • Like 1

I am gonna have to start tomorrow. I had a long and exhausting day and days like that call for Steven Wilson or Porcupine Tree. Listening to Stupid Dream and recharging. Having a Nashville brewed beer (Yazoo Brewing Co.) with it too. :cheers:

Beer. Hmmm....

Please do join me. :yes:

Beer. Hmmm....

Please do join me. :yes:

OK...as soon as I finish my tea.
  • Like 1

Kicked it off with freaks of nature this morning. While no where as strong as their classic albums , it was still a fun listen.

Kansas?

I haven't read through the thread.

Anyway, I listened to High 'n' Dry this past weekend and enjoyed it. Solid tunes, I found nothing personally grating Iike I have on later Def Leppard releases.

I have several Kansas albums. I'll give them a go...

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 3