Band of the week

djflex

I have all their albums and am an unashamed fan. :D

I recommend starting with The Color and the Shape if you haven't heard it and then try Wasting Light. These are probably their best work IMO.

• Like 2

I recommend starting with The Color and the Shape if you haven't heard it and then try Wasting Light. These are probably their best work IMO.

I have heard pretty much everything. I will try this out! Starts tomorrow, right?

They are bursting with great songs, I just never found myself obsessed with them!

• Like 2

Catherine , please go ahead with Foo Fighrers as your selection for next week

Im gonna try and squeeze a few in but as mentioned may be tied up

Sounds good. I really must squeeze in a couple hours this weekend to listen to The Astonishing. I have the discs and have NO time to play them. Off to rectify that right now.

• Like 2

I have heard pretty much everything. I will try this out! Starts tomorrow, right?

They are bursting with great songs, I just never found myself obsessed with them!

Agreed. I have been obsessed with them for a few years now. Yes, tomorrow works for me because as I said I must put on new DT. It's killing me that I have it here and it's calling to me.

• Like 3

Agreed. I have been obsessed with them for a few years now. Yes, tomorrow works for me because as I said I must put on new DT. It's killing me that I have it here and it's calling to me.

I have heard it twice and for now that's enough.

I will try the Foo Fighters thing! I know I loved The Colour And The Shape...

• Like 3

I thought the thread died. I've never heard of Moonwagon. I might be game but I don't have any of their music.
  • Like 1

Well my first listen this week was Countdown to Extinction

I picked this one to go first for me only because it is one of the first compact discs i ever bought. I bought a jambox style cd player and had left over to buy 3 cds lol. It was not my first megadeth , just first cd. Overall a good listen, but i consider this a second tier megadeth release. My favorite tracks are symphony of destruction and sweating bullets...

Anyone else do one today?

Probably do Rip or peace sells tomorrow

Ashes In Your Mouth isn't your favorite? Far and away the best song on the album and one of the best post Rust In Peace songs they've done.

Yeah ashes is killer. Then architecture of aggression and foreclosure of a dream.

• Like 1

I thought the thread died. I've never heard of Moonwagon. I might be game but I don't have any of their music.

Killer band out of Finland---------New album is called----The Rule of Three-----check it out!

I will. Thanks!

Band of the Week...

http://rockenportada.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/ramones-logo.png

...Starts Sunday!

Great choice!
  • Like 1

Band of the Week...

...Starts Sunday!

Cool! Which album is your favorite? I will start there since I don't yet own any.

• Like 2

Band of the Week...

...Starts Sunday!

Cool! Which album is your favorite? I will start there since I don't yet own any.

My favourite is "End of the Century", but I would recommend the first album "Ramones", "Rocket to Russia" or "Road to Ruin".

• Like 2

Band of the Week...

...Starts Sunday!

My favourite is "End of the Century", but I would recommend the first album "Ramones", "Rocket to Russia" or "Road to Ruin".

Thanks for the recommendations!
  • Like 2

Ramones

Leave Home

Rocket to Russia

Road to Ruin

Wow.

To paraphrase Neil Young, "It's all one album." One gloriously wonderful honest sincere melodic energetic album.

ReRushed...you have such a keen insight into music. I always appreciate your thoughts and ideas. :hail:

• Like 1