Band of the week

djflex

I'm in for this week. I love Night Ranger.

Cool, have fun and look forward to your updates

I really know little about these guys

• Like 1

I'm in for this week. I love Night Ranger.

Cool, have fun and look forward to your updates

I really know little about these guys

Loved them since high school. Have fun discovering them .

• Like 2

I am listening to the albums in chronological order so I started today with Dawn Patrol and Midnight Madness.

When I listen to these they take me back to my first car and cranking them while cruising at the lake with the windows down. :sundog:

These guys got labeled by the FM stations as a ballad band but they are totally not that at all. Sure they have a couple but their playing is full of energy and riffs. Actually on these two albums there is only one ballad, Sister Christian, which is the one they are most known for by casual radio listeners.

These first two albums are full on melodic hard rock which outside of prog is my favorite genre.

Favorite tracks:

DP - Don't Tell Me You Love Me, Play Rough, Eddie's Coming Out Tonight

MM - Touch of Madness, Rock in America, When You Close Your Eyes

Edited by catherine
  • Like 1

I listened to 7 wishes as my first selection

Have never heard this one , although i remembered sentimental street from the radio back in the day. A decent listen that was a nice change of pace. I like that this band includes some keyboards with their straight forward rock sound

• Like 1

Somewhere In California yesterday. After 3 very experimental albums, this one marks a return to the style that made them famous. Great album! My favorites are Growin' Up In California, Lay It On Me, Follow Your Heart, and End of the Day.
  • Like 1

Never played Night Ranger before!

What style? Who are they?

Hard rock. Great ballads, talented musicians!

You had me at "ballads"

• Like 1

You had me at "ballads"

You'd like Sister Christian.

• Like 1

You had me at "ballads"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z92bmlcmyq0

I KNOW THIS SONG I LOVE IT SO MUCH!

Now I know who did it!

Always amazes me how predictable my tastes often are hahaha

• Like 2

You had me at "ballads"

Now I know who did it!

You'd probably like their first three albums, Dawn Patrol, Midnight Madness (the one with Sister Christian), and 7 Wishes.

• Like 3

You had me at "ballads"

Now I know who did it!

You'd probably like their first three albums, Dawn Patrol, Midnight Madness (the one with Sister Christian), and 7 Wishes.

Spotify ftw!

Still playing the first disc of the new DT. Marvellous, but sooooo looooooong!

Todays album was big life

Got to say this album was a let down. Not sure how long time fans feel about this one. To me it just seemed flat and uninspiring. Oh well such is life, perhaps it was just my mood today

Got to say this album was a let down. Not sure how long time fans feel about this one. To me it just seemed flat and uninspiring. Oh well such is life, perhaps it was just my mood today

Not their best work. But when they write a good album, they deliver.
  • Like 2

High Road today. Another gem! My favorites are the title track, Knock Knock Never Stop, L.A. No Name, and X Generation.
  • Like 2

I listened to 7 wishes as my first selection

Have never heard this one , although i remembered sentimental street from the radio back in the day. A decent listen that was a nice change of pace. I like that this band includes some keyboards with their straight forward rock sound

Probably one of my favorite albums and the one I listened to today as well. I honestly can't pick a favorite track on this one. It's just a solid release all around. If I had to pick the weakest track I guess I would say Night Machine but not because I don't like it.

• Like 1

I actually find a lot on there to like. The first four tracks are the strongest to me. I love The Color of Your Smile because I just can't sit still when I listen to it. :-)

High Road today. Another gem! My favorites are the title track, Knock Knock Never Stop, L.A. No Name, and X Generation.

Killer album! It is my favorite of their later releases since 2000. In addition to those songs you named which are my favorites too, St. Bartholomew is pretty cool and different. I don't go for the ballads as much usually but the two on here do get to me every time; Don't Live Here Anymore (if this counts as a ballad?) and Only For You Only. I can feel the emotion in the singing here.

Couldn't stop at one so I loaded Big Life in the CD player.

I know some criticize this release as too pop. IMO it's just full of energy which is Night Ranger's signature sound and one of the reasons I dig them. It's upbeat and fun. It's what I play when I need a pick me up from a hard day. Favorite tracks Color of Your Smile ( which I already said) and Rain Comes Crashing Down.

I am playing Dawn Patrol.

Can I just say, I love them already! This is my type of music. Really impressed!

• Like 2

Can I just say, I love them already! This is my type of music. Really impressed!

I just started this one as well!
  • Like 1

I love AOR, I am always happy to discover great new bands, but I am gobsmacked I haven't played these guys before. What great stuff!

I hear a blend of Journey and Boston (but I immediately find myself liking this more than both). Really great!

I will work forward chronologically.

• Like 2

I love AOR, I am always happy to discover great new bands, but I am gobsmacked I haven't played these guys before. What great stuff!

I hear a blend of Journey and Boston (but I immediately find myself liking this more than both). Really great!

I will work forward chronologically.

Like the new profile picture!
  • Like 1