Band of the week

djflex

Listened to my favs today; Leftoverture and Point of Know Return. These are so good!
  • Like 1

Listened to my favs today; Leftoverture and Point of Know Return. These are so good!

On tap for me as well. But i missed today

• Like 1

Leftoveture today

Perhaps my favorite by kansas. It has 2 of my all time band favorites. The wall and whats on my mind

I know it's not in the same league as their seventies classics, but Drastic Measures is easily one of my favourite AOR albums.

Anyone else enjoy it?

Just finished Leftoverture...Dream Theater took many of their tricks from the Kansas arsenal!

They did...but Kansas did it better.

• Like 1

I know it's not in the same league as their seventies classics, but Drastic Measures is easily one of my favourite AOR albums.

Anyone else enjoy it?

I haven't listened to it. I just found it on youtube though so will listen if I have a chance this evening.

• Like 1

Leftoverture and PONR are rich in texture. The immediacy of the music puts it in rarified air. Musicians of my generation see Kansas as the band who just had two or three great songs...but they made great albums. It all fits together for them on these two records. I've seen them live 4 times. Always in a club--a club?!?

Steve Walsh's voice is the face of Kansas, despite the stellar playing by the rest of the band.

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 2

Leftoverture and PONR are rich in texture. The immediacy of the music puts it in rarified air. Musicians of my generation see Kansas as the band who just had two or three great songs...but they made great albums. It all fits together for them on these two records. I've seen them live 4 times. Always in a club--a club?!?

Steve Walsh's voice is the face of Kansas, despite the stellar playing by the rest of the band.

The album run from the debut through to POKR is flawless, if you ask me! Add that classic live album Two For The Show and he slightly subpar, but still excellent, Monolith, and you have my second favourite album run of the seventies (Bruce Springsteen is first).

I discovered Kansas via an ugly YouTube rip. Glad I was encouraged to check them out again! Once I heard the beat of Leftoverture, I was won over!

• Like 1

I've enjoyed the two albums from Kansas I've listened to so far. Taking it slow with the listens cause it's been a busy week.

Who here has listened to Ayreon, and if you have, how much of it?

• Like 2

I've enjoyed the two albums from Kansas I've listened to so far. Taking it slow with the listens cause it's been a busy week.

Who here has listened to Ayreon, and if you have, how much of it?

Not much ayreon, im keep meaning to give them another try.

Wrapped up the week with the all time classic point of know return.

Certainly an album that ranks not only among the bands best but also among the best in prog history!

• Like 1

Wrapped up the week with the all time classic point of know return.

Certainly an album that ranks not only among the bands best but also among the best in prog history!

Kansas are in my opinion one of those bands that seems to be forgotten (especially outside the USA). But I think they have that x factor that most bands do not have. I will forever be grateful to this forum for patiently opening my mind to bands like this!

Naturally, after Kansas I spread to Styx. Both bands in their prime are pretty equal, in my opinion.

• Like 1

I think we should do ELP in tribute.

Never mind Ayreon, this is a better idea. I'd be down.

Ok great selection. If you guys could keep this thread up here and there. I may be short on free time next week

Emerson Lake & Palmer - Pictures at an Exhibition

I'm a big fan of live albums so I ran right out and bought this album when it was released.

• Like 2