Why we don't love synth era Rush

laughedatbytime

If you don't love much of The Synth Era you are NO FAN OF RUSH!!!

Yeah that's right, I said it.

No need for any further proof of your fallibility, but thanks anyway.

• Like 1

I will light a candle, rub my body in healing oils and play Presto while praying for your soul.

I will light a candle, rub my body in healing oils and play Presto while praying for your soul.

If you do it to yourself, it's not against the Geneva Convention.

• Like 2

:rfl:

• Like 2

The only time I started to worry about all this synth period was the HYF album and they were talking about getting a keyboard player in.I love the album but it was getting very commercial sounding.It wasn't as ground breaking as the last three so called synth albums, it was just coasting.
  • Like 1

Presto is love. I will thwart your hate with Presto. I have healing oils and full box of Kleenex, I can go all night.

Presto is love. I will thwart your hate with Presto. I have healing oils and full box of Kleenex, I can go all night.

TMI Alert!!!

I'm in a real funk today (Blackhawks lost :rage:), and I'm listening to Grace Under Pressure and Power Windows to pull me out of that funk. Why? Because they are awesome!

Hold Your Fire, not so much...It lacks balls...but Signals - Power Windows is some bad ass music. :haz:

• Like 1

I'm in a real funk today (Blackhawks lost :rage:), and I'm listening to Grace Under Pressure and Power Windows to pull me out of that funk. Why? Because they are awesome!

Hold Your Fire, not so much...It lacks balls...but Signals - Power Windows is some bad ass music. :haz:

I was going to like this post but then you put in a dig against HYF. The album is awesome and I can listen to it in which ever bathroom I want!

Why arent we a fan of rush.... BECAUSE WE DONT REALLY LIKE THIER MUSIC SOUNDING NOT AS GOOD??

Lame dude...YOU NEED TO UP YOUR GAME.

• Like 1

I ought to start a thread asking the question: What makes a Rush fan a TrueRushFan.

What do you think, John Rogers?

Excellent idea, you're so full of those. Ask the proletariat what makes a RUSH fan a TrueRushFan. Gather those elements for a poll of the bourgeois, the top five elements from the poll will be the answer.

I ought to start a thread asking the question: What makes a Rush fan a TrueRushFan.

Excellent idea, you're so full of those. Ask the proletariat what makes a RUSH fan a TrueRushFan. Gather those elements for a poll of the bourgeois, the top five elements from the poll will be the answer.

Yes, well, leaving aside your first sentence :unsure: , I think you had better do the thread lest an expert comes along and takes me to task for my audacity in asking such a stupid question. :doh: :doh:

Yes, well, leaving aside your first sentence :unsure: , I think you had better do the thread lest an expert comes along and takes me to task for my audacity in asking such a stupid question. :doh: :doh:

I know you may have viewed that first sentence as sarcasm. I've been known to dabble on occasion but my praise was genuine.

• Like 1

What I love about the Synth era, is that it's truly progressive rock - they were progressing - also that they never did it to be more commercially viable, they did it because they wanted to.

That being said the only two Synth era albums I like are GUP and Presto. *glares menacingly at HYF and PW in the corner*

What I love about the Synth era, is that it's truly progressive rock - they were progressing - also that they never did it to be more commercially viable, they did it because they wanted to.

That being said the only two Synth era albums I like are GUP and Presto. *glares menacingly at HYF and PW in the corner*

I never thought Presto was synth era. Its certainly not prog. I call it their MOR trilogy with Bones and CP.

I never thought Presto was synth era. Its certainly not prog. I call it their MOR trilogy with Bones and CP.

Yeah, I didn't really mean it as prog rock in the actual meaning of the word, like 2112 and Hemispheres were, rather that they were changing their music rather than stagnating, literally progressing.

Yeah, I didn't really mean it as prog rock in the actual meaning of the word, like 2112 and Hemispheres were, rather that they were changing their music rather than stagnating, literally progressing.

More like regressing.

More like regressing.

I gotta agree there. The Big Money... Never again :(