R40 - XANADUUUUU

puffyshirt

I was lucky enough to be there, how wonderful is this performance. Geddy nailed the vocals,Alex and Neil were spot on.

There's loyalty and then there's blind loyalty. ;)

Call it what you want, I was there I loved it, and that is all that matters,

I'm happy that you loved it. And I can get how the excitement of being at a live show can cloud your memories of it, but unless you and I are listening to different versions of the R40 Xanadu, there's simply no justification that claim that Geddy "nailed the vocals".

So, those of us who enjoyed the concerts aren't aware they actually sucked?

I was lucky enough to be there, how wonderful is this performance. Geddy nailed the vocals,Alex and Neil were spot on.

I'm happy that you loved it. And I can get how the excitement of being at a live show can cloud your memories of it, but unless you and I are listening to different versions of the R40 Xanadu, there's simply no justification that claim that Geddy "nailed the vocals".

Whatever, not going to argue with you :cheers:

Nice call. It would probably be similar to arguing with Data, sans emotion chip. :)

Singing isn't too good and I'm not sure what anyone means by it being the best recorded version of Xanadu. The are some really annoying cuts to those two MP blokes moving amps. Why do we need to see that? It just detracts from the visual performance.

C+

I saw Xanadu in the 70s, you guys are nuts if you think that concoction for R40 is better.

So did i, and this performance is right up there!!! Do you ever have a good thing to say about anything?

Yes, objectivity.

Singing isn't too good and I'm not sure what anyone means by it being the best recorded version of Xanadu. The are some really annoying cuts to those two MP blokes moving amps. Why do we need to see that? It just detracts from the visual performance.

C+

I saw Xanadu in the 70s, you guys are nuts if you think that concoction for R40 is better.

So did i, and this performance is right up there!!! Do you ever have a good thing to say about anything?

Yes, objectivity.

These guys are 60+ years old. Of course his voice can't completely replicate the pitch of the 70's. It is what it is...Rush performing Xanadu in their early 60's.

Well done and thank you boys!

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 2

Does you cat really dance the tango while eating funyuns?

I enjoyed it a bit, obviously his voice isn't as good as ESL. But having seen the show, it's a nice little souvenir to take away from it. The instrumental portion is spot on and it's mixed well but after watching it 2-3 times, the high of the song wore off a little as I noticed Geddy's voice begin to falter

What the hell does this mean? I guess I don't realize your wit.

Oh, I get it. We're projecting our wishes on the performance. I should've had a horrible time at the concert.

I'm so glad it was pointed out.

Oh, I get it. We're projecting our wishes on the performance. I should've had a horrible time at the concert.

I'm so glad it was pointed out.

I once saw a pair of clown shoes catch a cold.

Lets see, we have

1. Gorgeous cinematography

2. Extremely high quality footage

3. Amazing talent onstage

4. Only the second full Xanadu on video

5. Great sound quality

Yet people still complain? Yes I know,Geds voice is not nearly what it used to be, but to say he sounds "virtually tone-deaf"? No.

• Like 6

C+

So far none of the R40 videos have been examples of stand-out performances. I get that people were hyped for the tour since the word on the street was that it was going to be their last, and who wouldn't like to think that somehow Rush was going to turn in finale performances that were somehow a cut above, but it seems like the "liking to think that" has somehow translated to "they actually did".

To my ears, the playing is about the same as on the last two tours, and the singing is miles better, though not as good as on S&A live...or anything earlier, obviously.

The mix is better, the visuals are much better, the editing is much, much better, and the setlist is a lot better than anything we've gotten for at least a decade, and maybe more.

There are a lot of reasons for people to be happy with this release.

• Like 1

C+

Tony,

You are the only Sane one here! :unsure: :LOL: :P

• Like 1

C+

Tony,

Has anyone ever said that to Tony before? :LOL:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

C+

Tony,

We say it to me all the time.

• Like 4

C+

Tony,

We say it to me all the time.

That's alright, Tony. I say it to myself all the time too. Funny how that works. :cool: