It's Bias Time On The Boring Retired Rush Section! Which "Prime Mover" Do You Adore Most? GHOST OR RUSH?

RUSHHEAD666

The Ultimate "POLL"TERGEIST! GHOST VS RUSH!  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Pick Your Favorite "Prime Mover" Song By Two Of The Greatest Bands in The Spiritual World!

• GHOST
    • RUSH

Oh you love Rush? Then you must love Dream Theater... Actually I can't stand that @#$%. Technical does not mean good. Songs have to be visceral and emotive and if they happen to be in 15/8, cool.

Well my friend

I am a hypocritical whore.

I loved DT.

On the Images And Words record although Mike's snare sounds like a muddled machine gun of shit.

I love Awake too but that's about it.

I've seen them about 7 times.

They bore me.

I hated Mike the spitting camel.

He's a disgrace under pressure! Lol

I loved John Petrucci but then his steroid use caused his forehead to double in size.

He's the Barry Bonds of Prog!! Lol

Dream Theater.

A bunch of rich kids from New York.

Text Book Rock Stars

Ghost has more soul than ice Cream Theater.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

Now you're pushing my buttons. Zombi, Wendy Carlos, John Carpenter... Love me some horror synth-pop at least.

Haha!!!

I'm good at pushing buttons on here!!

Just like punching in keys on a keyboard!!

We are all into quality music on here!

Haha!

Do you think I would waste my time on here if I couldn't connect with many of you on a cerebral musical level???

I'm an addict!!

Put its a positive obsession of mine.

The new Zombi is killer by the way.

Pun intended. Lol

I live for music.

Bottom line

• Like 1

"Horror Pop" is a great term.

Alice Cooper

KISS

Goblin

Zombi

John Carpenter soundtracks

Roky Erickson

Ghost

King Diamond

Blue Oyster Cult

Wendy Carlos

Stryper (kidding) paying attention?

Black Sanbath

Ozzy

Dio

Jorn

Venom "Welcome To Hell"

Motley Crue "Shout"

Angel Witch

Witchfinder General

Diamonhead

RUSH

Ruling Under Satan's Hands

Pure Horror Pop!!

OZ. "Fire In The Brain"

Savatage

City Beneath The Surface

Sirens

Horror Pop Metal!!!

It sells.

Sell your soul to the Devil!!

To Hell With The Devil!!!

I tried to sell my soul a while ago, but Lucifer just told me: "Why should I waste anything for you? You are coming freely...."

• Like 1

I can respect that. It is funny how our tastes overlap in spots and then offend our sensibilities in others. Makes it more fun to talk about stuff like this I guess...

It's the same with my friends in town: alliances are very weak; we would drive United Nations mad jusy speaking of a couple of bands!

• Like 1

I can respect that. It is funny how our tastes overlap in spots and then offend our sensibilities in others. Makes it more fun to talk about stuff like this I guess...

You and the "old" Geezer RULE!

We all have more in common than you think. That's why we can talk about music with "Open Arms."

Signed,

Musical "Journey"

Ok now that one was bad!

I hate that song. I hate Journey. Of course the first three albums are EPIC.

Sorry Earl, gotta go with Rush here. Ghost's Prime Mover is actually one of the bands lower tier songs. It's not the best example to give if you are trying to convert people over to the Ghost camp. It's probably the worst song on their debut, most of the second album is better and the song has got nothing on their new release.

While I wouldn't rank Prime Mover as a top tier Rush song, it's still a very good tune. It has good lyrics, a catchy melody and some very nice work from both Geddy and Alex on it and completely destroys the Ghost song.

• Like 1

Sorry Earl, gotta go with Rush here. Ghost's Prime Mover is actually one of the bands lower tier songs. It's not the best example to give if you are trying to convert people over to the Ghost camp. It's probably the worst song on their debut, most of the second album is better and the song has got nothing on their new release.

While I wouldn't rank Prime Mover as a top tier Rush song, it's still a very good tune. It has good lyrics, a catchy melody and some very nice work from both Geddy and Alex on it and completely destroys the Ghost song.

I hate to admit this, but ^^^ :goodone:
  • Like 1

This Ghost song sounds a lot like a refrigerator running with a drum track playing in the background. Edited by JohnRogers

Ghost's song reminds me of Astronomy Domine ( esp the Voivod version )

I like the vocals .. but the instrumentation is too stuck in that nu-metal dropped D tuning thing for my liking

It is OK - not bad - and I like what Ghost is doing with the vocals

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

Meh, I neither like or dislike Ghost. I think Ghost has an interesting gimmick, but I think it's more theatre than music... a demonic circus act.

Funny story, the first time I heard about them, I pulled up "Secular Haze" on You Tube and my son said, "That is *not* what I expected that band to sound like. Are they a metal band or organ grinders?"

And, really, listen to "Secular Haze" and tell me you aren't reminded of circus music!

Also, the only parallel I see between Rush and Ghost is that, around some parts of the internet, people see Neil in the same way your average Joe would see Papa Emeritus.

;)

Who the hell is Ghost and if they're any good why do they have to dress up like clowns?

thank-you, I couldn't agree more. I feel sorry for the guys that have to wear the devil masks. Probably hot & uncomfortable for them. I hear their music is great but I just don't go for that sort of image AT ALL.
  • Like 1

Well this one is a no brainer, Rush of course. I will listen but shoot down any Rush cover. Once Rush creates a song why would I want to hear any inferior version of it?
  • Like 1