...when I was a kid...

Tom Sawyer

I could go to the 5 & Dime with $1 and get enough candy to rott my teath for a week (it would never last that long) and get a Pop too.

If we couldn't get any money,

From our parents. We would search all day for pop bottles and turn them in for money. A lot of Big Hunks and other candy.

• Like 2

...the gumball machine seemed to be the best invention ever. http://old-fidelity.de/images/extra-smilie/zahnlos.gif
  • Like 3

had channels 4,5,7,9,11,12,13 only

You're lucky! We had 5, 9, and 12. When we got Channel 19, we threw a party!! :LOL:

• Like 1

I didn't have to live in constant fear that my actions might be being recorded

What are you doing that would be a problem if recorded exactly?

Nothing in particular at all, I'm just not as comfortable as I once was knowing there's cameras everywhere. And this doesn't just refer to security cameras, in fact, more so to phone / dash cameras etc. It's not my own actions I'm worried about but what others might misinterpret when viewing this footage, or what people might use this footage for.

I didn't have to live in constant fear that my actions might be being recorded

What are you doing that would be a problem if recorded exactly?

Nothing in particular at all, I'm just not as comfortable as I once was knowing there's cameras everywhere. And this doesn't just refer to security cameras, in fact, more so to phone / dash cameras etc. It's not my own actions I'm worried about but what others might misinterpret when viewing this footage, or what people might use this footage for.

I work directly with customers and manage a group of people that do nothing but interact with customers. I review this point with them from time to time, the old rule of thumb is don't say or do anything that you don't want printed on the front page of the paper. I guess we need to update that to don't say or doing anything that you don't want retweeted or to go viral on Facebook or YouTube.

You're lucky! We had 5, 9, and 12. When we got Channel 19, we threw a party!! :LOL:

I had 3 5 11 & 13 and now I can access any channel in the world on my phone. Plus there's more music on there Than Would Fit In My Bedroom When I Was 10.! And it all fits in my pocket! Thats Crazy!

• Like 1

I had 3 5 11 & 13 and now I can access any channel in the world on my phone. Plus there's more music on there Than Would Fit In My Bedroom When I Was 10.! And it all fits in my pocket! Thats Crazy!

No, what's crazy is that it's not enough for most people. And it'll never be enough.

• Like 1

shakes were 25 cents at mcds and didn't taste like rice/geletin/industrial goo.

my first car had seatbelts...which were an option for the car...and a solid steel dashboard (that i tasted a few times doing dukes of hazard jumps over the railroad tracks).

used wood baseball bats and would tape them up when they cracked.

wore chuck taylor high tops and actually played basketball in them.

if you got a new schwinn bike, you rode through your hood like a bowsss.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet
  • Like 2

When I was a kid I didn't have to worry about studying for midterms, which is what I'm supposed to be doing now instead of posting here. When I was a kid I didn't have to worry about getting my heart broken because I didn't care about boys back then. I was into knitting and checkers in those days.

When I was a kid my Friday nights consisted of this:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/data/1080/1454910.jpg

and this:

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/MMPH/165199.jpg

And nobody thought twice about some flag in just another nonsense show. Daisy was all that mattered.

• Like 2

and this:

And nobody thought twice about some flag in just another nonsense show. Daisy was all that mattered.

..Then mom and the sisters would watch Dallas while I went to my room to dream about the General Lee!

• Like 1

and this:

..Then mom and the sisters would watch Dallas while I went to my room to dream about the General Lee!

I bet that was a common occurrence. As I never had any sisters, it was just MommaBlaze watching Dallas. I left the room to read comic books or play board games with my bros.

• Like 1

No, what's crazy is that it's not enough for most people. And it'll never be enough.

When we had fewer channels there were better programs.

• Like 1

When we had fewer channels there were better programs.

We only had BBC1, BBC2 and ITV. BBC2 didn't start until lunchtime unless there was a cricket match on and everything finished before midnight. I still found more worth watching than on the 100+ channels I now have available 24/7.

• Like 2

When I was a kid, I would cut out from the newspaper the Major League Baseball division standings. Every single day, I would cut out the standings and paste them in a small notebook. I did this to record the daily progress of The Big Red Machine, my ultimate heroes.

I miss those days...... A LOT. :sigh:

• Like 3

No cable,

Now I just watch two channels out of probably twelve.