...when I was a kid...

Tom Sawyer

we didn't have no hand sanitizer,,,

just a bar of soap, not soft soap girly crap neither... slimy bottom in a slimy tray, cracked on top and that unknown...chest!? :scared: ...hair?!?, on it I hope its so... i sure hope so...

• Like 2

...... gasoline was 33¢ a gallon, and the ugly dirty guy always cleaned the windshield while the pump was pumpin'.....
  • Like 2

...we'd play football on the streets using our sandals as goal poles, and didn't spend 80% of our days playing videogames

And when it got too dark our moms would call us in for dinner (usually a hearty roast) and we'd all discuss the writings of Plato and Aristotle over our meal.

• Like 2

If I wanted to play video games all afternoon it had to be at the mall for 25 cents per play!
  • Like 4

http://cdn.teamcococdn.com/image/1000x1000,scale:max/king-survey-54c96b8903612.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f126/talkalot80/MySpace%20Crap%20Storage/LarryKing-Velociraptors.jpg

• Like 1

We had to walk 40 miles to school in 10 feet of snow uphill both ways! There were no cars.. we lived in a hole in the ground but we loved it! :D
  • Like 3

If I wanted to play video games all afternoon it had to be at the mall for 25 cents per play!

Yup. 2 bucks would last me anywhere between 1.5-2 hours. I never spent more than 5 bucks. And the hot, new arcade games were Dragon's Lair, Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom, and Super Sprint.

• Like 1

Mortgage interest rates were up around 15-20%.

Pegged pants and penny loafers were all the rage. :huh:

My active alcoholism began.

My older brother was killed.

...and I began a long and illustrious career as a contrarian. :)

Yup. 2 bucks would last me anywhere between 1.5-2 hours. I never spent more than 5 bucks. And the hot, new arcade games were Dragon's Lair, Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom, and Super Sprint.

High school was across the street from the mall for me.. lucky too because lunch was 60 minutes and it took around 50 minutes to finish 'Wonderboy'. By the time I'd hit level 8-8 there'd be an audience. Lol good times

Spent countless summer days playing outside with my neighbor and brother in the court and sometimes in each others' backyards. We would play imaginary games based off of video games, books, TV shows, movies, or our own collective fantasy creations.

I guess the closest example to what we did would be LARPing :huh:

When I was a young teenager my friend had a Commador Vic20. He got it for Christmas. 3 days of writing code to make a square shaped object (I think it was supposed to be a ball) bounce within the confines of the screen amazing! Another 2 days of writing code the shape changed color! What technology Mars here we come. :LOL: Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 2

...we'd play football on the streets using our sandals as goal poles, and didn't spend 80% of our days playing videogames

And when it got too dark our moms would call us in for dinner (usually a hearty roast) and we'd all discuss the writings of Plato and Aristotle over our meal.

Yeah,

And if we didn't go out and find some thing to do. We were threatened about having to pull weeds, mow the lawn. The usual stuff that had you out the door real fast. :codger:

• Like 3