...when I was a kid...

Tom Sawyer

had channels 4,5,7,9,11,12,13 only

You're lucky! We had 5, 9, and 12. When we got Channel 19, we threw a party!! :LOL:

I had 3 5 11 & 13 and now I can access any channel in the world on my phone. Plus there's more music on there Than Would Fit In My Bedroom When I Was 10.! And it all fits in my pocket! Thats Crazy!

No, what's crazy is that it's not enough for most people. And it'll never be enough.

No cable,

Now I just watch two channels out of probably twelve.

Yeah, I haven't had cable/satellite in over 10 years. And believe me, the worst tv shows out here are a million times worse than the worst American programs. Not counting news & the occasional sporting event, I basically only rent DVDs.

• Like 1

When I was a kid, I would cut out from the newspaper the Major League Baseball division standings. Every single day, I would cut out the standings and paste them in a small notebook. I did this to record the daily progress of The Big Red Machine, my ultimate heroes.

I miss those days...... A LOT. :sigh:

Cool,

I saw them many times play the Dodgers.

When I was a kid, I would cut out from the newspaper the Major League Baseball division standings. Every single day, I would cut out the standings and paste them in a small notebook. I did this to record the daily progress of The Big Red Machine, my ultimate heroes.

Cool,

Oh....how we HATED the Dodgers.....:rage:......:LOL:

• Like 1

When I was kid, classmates ripped me for liking the Patriots: because they were crap! Then they ripped me when they got crushed by the Bears in the Super that I try to forget. Steve Grogan/Tony Eason era.

((Now they rip me for whatever reason they have for hating the Pats. f**k it though, I was born there so I was TOLD that that was my team [by my bros] when I was maybe 5 or 6))!

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Saturday Mornings were the best...90 minutes of Bugs Bunny and these shows:

http://www.skooldays.com/images/sa1746.jpg

http://www.geektress.com/images/SM%26HAF%20title.png

http://www.myfreewallpapers.net/comics/wallpapers/superfriends-legion-of-doom.jpg

http://www.skooldays.com/images/sa1290.jpg

was THE coolest TV star EVER!!

(and still is, and always will be IMHO)

http://i68.tinypic.com/64e5uc.jpg

live in a trailer by the beach, chain smoke and eat junk food and drive a Camaro...that's a real man!

Finally got rid of my 75 yellow Schwinn continental 10 speed this summer. Haven't used it for years, just sitting in the basement, time to let it go. The cool kids in my hood all had continentals and we formed the continental club.
  • Like 1

had channels 4,5,7,9,11,12,13 only

You're lucky! We had 5, 9, and 12. When we got Channel 19, we threw a party!! :LOL:

I had 3 5 11 & 13 and now I can access any channel in the world on my phone. Plus there's more music on there Than Would Fit In My Bedroom When I Was 10.! And it all fits in my pocket! Thats Crazy!

No, what's crazy is that it's not enough for most people. And it'll never be enough.

No cable,

Now I just watch two channels out of probably twelve.

there was actually quality shows on the 3 major networks when I was a kid. the only thing I watch now on the majors is sports...the rest is total crap.

when I was young enough and small enough, I used to like to crawl up and lay in the rear window of the family 62 impala while my mom drive. She'd be taken in by Children's Services if that happened today.
  • Like 4

Cool,

Oh....how we HATED the Dodgers..... :rage:...... :LOL:

The opposite here. :D

But both teams had great players. Glad I was able to see them play live. What a rivalry. I can remember so many things about those games. Plus, Vin Scully calling the game was played at the live games. I have some old photos of a "picture day" where both teams would walk around and take photos with fans before the game. The atmosphere at Dodger stadium was so electric. I will never forget it!!

• Like 1

I used to run home from school so I could watch Speed Racer. There was only one video game, and it was called Pong. I probably put 1,000 miles on my Schwinn Stringray (with the banana seat) each summer. If you wanted to watch cartoons, you waited until Saturday morning. Nobody made you wear a seatbelt. We played outside all day, and sometimes into the night (playing Romans and Christians or Ghost in the Graveyard). I would stay up late on Saturday nights to Watch Belushi and Aykroyd on SNL, but I didn't get half the jokes.
  • Like 3

I used to run home from school so I could watch Speed Racer. There was only one video game, and it was called Pong. I probably put 1,000 miles on my Schwinn Stringray (with the banana seat) each summer. If you wanted to watch cartoons, you waited until Saturday morning. Nobody made you wear a seatbelt. We played outside all day, and sometimes into the night (playing Romans and Christians or Ghost in the Graveyard). I would stay up late on Saturday nights to Watch Belushi and Aykroyd on SNL, but I didn't get half the jokes.

For me, Speed Racer was before school and Battle of the Planets was after school. I loved both though.

Same boat in regards to SNL.

We used to play (American) football anywhere we could. ONLY that sport.

• Like 1

Cool,

Oh....how we HATED the Dodgers..... :rage:...... :LOL:

The opposite here. :D

But both teams had great players. Glad I was able to see them play live. What a rivalry. I can remember so many things about those games. Plus, Vin Scully calling the game was played at the live games. I have some old photos of a "picture day" where both teams would walk around and take photos with fans before the game. The atmosphere at Dodger stadium was so electric. I will never forget it!!

Photo day was the best!! They had the same kind of thing at Three Rivers with the Pirates. My husband has awesome photos with some of them!

• Like 1

We read used comics and it was AWESOME!! The mother of the boy up the street made him clean his room and throw out a whole box of comic books and Mad magazines! It was at the curb. We asked him if we could have it (he was older, like 14) and he said, yea, I guess I'm done with them. It kept us busy for years; so many Supermans and Batmans in there. My mom used to set a timer and kick us out of the house when we read them for too long!! We kept them for so long my kids used to read them.
  • Like 1

We read used comics and it was AWESOME!! The mother of the boy up the street made him clean his room and throw out a whole box of comic books and Mad magazines! It was at the curb. We asked him if we could have it (he was older, like 14) and he said, yea, I guess I'm done with them. It kept us busy for years; so many Supermans and Batmans in there. My mom used to set a timer and kick us out of the house when we read them for too long!! We kept them for so long my kids used to read them.

The All Ighty Ollar... I get it!

http://i.imgur.com/y1kn3lB.png

• Like 1

Your childhood sounds a lot like mine, but I was in my teens when SNL started.

• Like 4

Your childhood sounds a lot like mine, but I was in my teens when SNL started.

Sounds like both of you are around the same age as my older brothers, all of whom are now between 47-54.

• Like 1

live in a trailer by the beach, chain smoke and eat junk food and drive a Camaro...that's a real man!

Junk food? well he ate a lot of tacos, but it was FIREBIRD not a camaro, sheesh that's like mixing up a Corvette and a Chevette for crying out loud!! :P

• Like 1

Junk food? well he ate a lot of tacos, but it was FIREBIRD not a camaro, sheesh that's like mixing up a Corvette and a Chevette for crying out loud!! :P

I never really saw his appeal. Now Robert Conrad/James West....yes. :D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-upKwv8u0Ez0/TufXkVdEtvI/AAAAAAAABBg/ECV2ypV9308/s1600/RobertConrad6_myfirstgaycrush.blogspot.com.jpg

Middle school football practice was pure HELL. I hated it with a passion. The coach was an asshole....calling us "little girls" and such.

We had a practice drill called "hamburger", where two guys would be set against each other. We would lay down on the ground, about 50 feet apart, the coach would throw the ball at one of us, and then we would run at each other, one having to tackle the one with the ball.

I got matched against Kenny, the biggest, fastest guy on the team. My teammates groaned in sympathy, because they knew I was going to get KILLED. Kenny got the ball, and we both ran towards each other. With the collision imminent, I lowered myself down, got lower than him, and made a smashingly good tackle! My teammates cheered me like I had just won the Super Bowl!! :LOL: One of the few great moments I had......

• Like 2