What do you think is the most average Rush song?

Rushman2112

Songs below average: Emotion Detector

Songs above average: Chemistry

Songs about average: New World Man, Digital Man, Half the World, Superconductor

Songs way above average: Circumstances, Xanadu

This thread isn't about the average rock song, it's about the average Rush song. That is way different (since Rush is the greatest musical group that will ever be).

Does anybody really sit around and wonder what a band's most average song is? :huh:

Some are now

Who are these people??? :facepalm:

Take some time to ponder the answer. I did and came up with Xanadu.

Xanadu is an average song in your estimation? An average run of the mill rock tune? :eh:

You think it's a good song? :eyeroll:

Oh right this is some kind of ironic point of view that you portray as an interesting adjunct to your already established ongoing forum personality. I've not been privy to this up to now, though I think I did notice a thread or post somewhere that had a slightly odd Lorraine-Xanadu connection that just barely touched the periphery of my awareness nerve centre but didn't fully register. :angel:

• Like 1

Does anybody really sit around and wonder what a band's most average song is? :huh:

Some are now

Xanadu is an average song in your estimation? An average run of the mill rock tune? :eh:

Oh right this is some kind of ironic point of view that you portray as an interesting adjunct to your already established ongoing forum personality. I've not been privy to this up to now, though I think I did notice a thread or post somewhere that had a slightly odd Lorraine-Xanadu connection that just barely touched the periphery of my awareness nerve centre but didn't fully register. :angel:

No.

It's call humor.

:angel: :hi:

Songs below average: Emotion Detector

Songs above average: Chemistry

Songs about average: New World Man, Digital Man, Half the World, Superconductor

Songs way above average: Circumstances, Xanadu

This thread isn't about the average rock song, it's about the average Rush song. That is way different (since Rush is the greatest musical group that will ever be).

Also Neurotica:(edit:way) below average

Dog Years: I consider above average, but since there's a lot of hate I will let that one go.

Edited by Rushman2112

Some are now

No.

It's call humor.

:angel: :hi:

irony is a form of humour, don't be the American cliche of someone who doesn't understand irony. :smoke:

• Like 1

Some are now

Anyone in here who posted an answer to the question.

You have to admit, it's probably harder than answering which is the best or worst song.

I never would have ever contemplated any band's most "average" song. Best, worst, heaviest, wimpiest, most poppy, most explosive, most high energy, most progressive, all these yes, but not "Oh I wonder what their most average song is..."

Yeah, I'm not in the line of thinking averages in that regard either but it's here and people are answering so it is what it is

Some are now

Anyone in here who posted an answer to the question.

You have to admit, it's probably harder than answering which is the best or worst song.

I never would have ever contemplated any band's most "average" song. Best, worst, heaviest, wimpiest, most poppy, most explosive, most high energy, most progressive, all these yes, but not "Oh I wonder what their most average song is..."

Yeah, I'm not in the line of thinking averages in that regard either but it's here and people are answering so it is what it is

It sounds like something a rock fan who's happens to be an accountant might think about. ...

Or an anti-music Priest of Syrinx...

Don't annoy us further!

We have our work to do

Just think about the average

What use have they for you?

Another toy that helped destroy

The elder race of man

Forget about your silly whim

It doesn't fit the Plan!

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 2

I don't know how to answer this question . . .

There are no average RUSH songs for me

I listen to, and enjoy, everything up until Signals

After that, we go from songs that might encourage a well formed bowel movement, to songs that will cause an explosive blast before I can even get to the bathroom

Hope that helps