Fans of Superconductor and Wish them well, proudly post in this thread

djflex

What other songs are you referiring too. I probrably like them too. One for me is Tai Shan and the last track on HYF. They are different and far from "RUSH" But I think especially Tai shan musically and lyircaly are wonderful. I never thought I would like the soun of a pan flute in a rush song.

Spirits turned bitter by the poison of envy

Always angry and dissatisfied

Even the lost ones, the frightened and mean ones

Even the ones with a devil inside

Thank your stars you’re not that way

Turn your back and walk away

Don't even pause and ask them why,

Turn around and say goodbye

Edited by LuigisMansion44

1 of 4, (about superconductor)

I'm a freak among freaks I guess. I love it. I went a looooong time not listening to any Rush & every so often, out of nowhere, I would catch myself singing just "superconductor...watch his every move" I never paid much attention to the words other than those, so for many years I had it in my mind it was about some sort of charismatic superhero guy. Like "oh, I bet he has electrical powers or something..." & I never watched videos either, so I never saw the video.

Edited by gypsy muse
  • Like 1

2 of 4 (about superconductor)

Then, many years later (this year) I learned what it was really about (a song making fun of self-absorbed movie stars), & also seeing the video for the 1st time.

I gotta tell ya, I was CRUSHED! The song I'd loved all those years was just a bunch of sarcasm?!?!

It was the first time I felt let down by Rush. :(

Edited by gypsy muse
  • Like 1

3 of 4 ( about superconductor )

Also, the video sucks, except for the black & white footage of aforementioned self-absorbed movie stars. (And Geddy, I don't like your hair like that either)

Another side note, I never realized it was Alex singing the word "superconductor" over again & over again. I love his voice on that! He can sing, who knew?

4 of 4 ( about superconductor )

So, you may wonder, how can I still love it after all that?

A great question. I pretend it's a happy song & try to ignore the sarcasm. I just focus on the purity & beauty of Geddy & Alex voices and...

that strong & simple beat, that you can dance to. Superconductor...superconductor...

:banana:

(I'm still mad at Neil though, about the core meaning of the song. My superhero theme would have been much better & would of course require some lyric changes.)

Edited by gypsy muse

I was always soso about Superconductor. I thought it was one of the weakest on Presto but I liked the lyrics, just not as a song. I used to think about Madonna when I heard it but then Neil seemed to appreciate Madonna in his later writings.

When did Neil seem to appreciate Madonna in his later writings? Wait, don't tell me, it'll just contaminate another Rush song.

2 of 3 (about superconductor) .... & also seeing the video for the 1st time.

There are support groups and counselors for this very same issue

It effected many RUSH fans, some traumatically

yes & I'm one of them!
  • Like 1