Fans of Superconductor and Wish them well, proudly post in this thread

djflex

Well, any chance i had of developing any forum cred may be blown. This thread killed it

I know how you feel because I felt the same way when I made the mistake of saying that I liked The Speed of Love. All hell broke loose. Not just for a few days, but weeks on end - always another thread about how rotten the song is.

• Like 1

Well, any chance i had of developing any forum cred may be blown. This thread killed it

I know how you feel because I felt the same way when I made the mistake of saying that I liked The Speed of Love. All hell broke loose. Not just for a few days, but weeks on end - always another thread about how rotten the song is.

I stopped saying I like it as well coz I got bored of the silliness.

• Like 1

Do you remember all of those threads? I never heard the end of it. All for liking a song that 98% of Rush fans despise.

• Like 2

Wish Them Well is a good, decent song. Not as good as Halo Effect, The Garden, Headlong Flight, 7 Cities of Gold or The Wreckers but its still decent.

Superconductor is probably the weakest song on Presto but its still an ok song. Plus it fits in well on the album.

Not a glowing recomendation for either song but I do like them both

• Like 1

Do you remember all of those threads? I never heard the end of it. All for liking a song that 98% of Rush fans despise.

It was pathetic!

I got lambasted for loving Presto, for not enjoying Hemispheres, for preferring Vapor Trails to many Rush albums. For loving Toto. Bruce Springsteen. Taylor Swift.

And then those same people by and large never shut up ganging together to praise a certain album, whilst any out of the ordinary opinion I have is laughed at.

Has to be said, it felt good knowing it was nothing personal when Speed Of Love lovers got beat down with me!

But I am hesitant to give an opinion now. Hence the 70% spam posts haha

• Like 1

Both are the worst songs on their respective albums. Which is saying a lot since I love them both.

Wish Them Well is better than The Anarchist, Carnies and Halo Effect.

Both are the worst songs on their respective albums. Which is saying a lot since I love them both.

Wish Them Well is better than The Anarchist, Carnies and Halo Effect.

Wish Them Well would be in my top 5 or so off of CA. I do like The Anarchist more though...not Carnies or Halo Effect.

I'm all for going against the grain when you feel strong about something...I can respect that.

The question I have is do 98% of Rush fans also despise Dog Years? Is The Speed of Love hated even more? :LOL:

• Like 1

I like both of these songs.

I think Superconductor gets a lot of crap because of the video it came with. Boy that video is pretty bad. The song is okay.

Wish Them Well was reported to be almost left off the album before it was released, and that made everyone listen to it with the impression, "hey, this is crap."

• Like 2

No one should ever get lambasted for liking a song...

Music is always subjective

So is humor, apparently. The chiding is all in good fun around here. If all we did was peacefully agree, this place would get pretty dull. Deviate from the norm, and take the ribbing in stride.
  • Like 3

No one should ever get lambasted for liking a song...

Music is always subjective

So is humor, apparently. The chiding is all in good fun around here. If all we did was peacefully agree, this place would get pretty dull. Deviate from the norm, and take the ribbing in stride.

Legit post.

I havent really seen any lambasting, just a comment.

Fwiw, this place seems very congenial . Which is somewhat rare on the interwebz...

• Like 2

I'm all for going against the grain when you feel strong about something...I can respect that.

The question I have is do 98% of Rush fans also despise Dog Years? Is The Speed of Love hated even more? :LOL:

Dog Years is a fun song. SOL isnt.

Edited by Digital Dad
  • Like 1