Fans of Superconductor and Wish them well, proudly post in this thread

djflex

Ok, moving on to Wish them well.

Very underrated IMO.

I love the melody & I agree with the idea that sometimes you just need to walk away & realize you can't fix everyone (see Melody Beauttie's book, codependent no more)

Now, I won't be wishing any demons well anytime, ever,

But other than that line, I really like the song.

Rgarding Wish them Well.....The groove when this line comes in the song "People who judge without a measure of mercy" is just amazing.

yeah, I really like that part too.

I love them both, but I really love Superconductor. That song is awesome. I've always been a sucker for 7/4.

I agree!

But what's 7/4 mean?

GM, 7/4 is a time signature in musical terms .. it is in regards to the beat, and how many beats per measure, etc ... 7/4 is actually an unusual signature in music

Most simple rock songs are 4/4 ( ... which there is nothing wrong with )

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

Wish Them Well has some of Neil's worst lyrics, horrifying background vocals in the chorus and really generic music. I guess the bridge is ok but overall I think it's the worst song since Dog Years!

Superconductor is OK but I'm not in a hurry to go out and listen to it any time soon.

oh yeah, I just remembered the back ground vocals on Wish them Well. That part sucks. Ok, maybe I'm not liking it as much as I thought I did. Edited by gypsy muse

I love them both, but I really love Superconductor. That song is awesome. I've always been a sucker for 7/4.

I agree!

But what's 7/4 mean?

Short answer... It means I'm a music nerd.

Long answer... It means that there are 7 beats per measure. Most songs have 4. It's one of the many things that Rush does that sets them apart from the rest of the pack. Thankfully it is not necessary to understand any of that to enjoy their music, but it enhances my love for them.

• Like 1

I agree!

But what's 7/4 mean?

GM, 7/4 is a time signature in musical terms .. it is in regards to the beat, and how many beats per measure, etc ... 7/4 is actually an unusual signature in music

Most simple rock songs are 4/4 ( ... which there is nothing wrong with )

thanks for explaining. I'm not a musician, so I don't understand a lot of the technical terms.

I agree!

But what's 7/4 mean?

Long answer... It means that there are 7 beats per measure. Most songs have 4. It's one of the many things that Rush does that sets them apart from the rest of the pack. Thankfully it is not necessary to understand any of that to enjoy their music, but it enhances my love for them.

This paragraph is a thing of beauty. Rush on my brother!

:haz:

• Like 2

I agree!

But what's 7/4 mean?

Nothin' wrong with being a music nerd !!

http://2fast2die.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Joe-Anthony-w-Rush-after-1975-debut-SA-concert-courtesy-Al-Rendon2.jpg

• Like 2