If they did beyond lighted stage this year??

nicky6

Wonder if they still would have used the same people to talk about rush, like, I hated that jack black was on there, I felt they could have got more cooler people to talk about them, surprised none of the barenaked dudes showed up. But I just wonder if they would have got different people to talk had this been made last year.. I know they would still have their standards, like gene, and max Webster guy ..

I feel like now, as then, Jack Black would be considered higher on the celebrity chart than BNL... not my personal feeling, just an observation of the pop-culture climate. But I agree that today, Jack Black is on the downside of his fame... still, Barenaked was just post-peak when he was peaking, no?

(No disrespect to the great BNL!)

• Like 1

Well, the VH1 Classic Albums documentary which briefly covered their origin but focused on 2112 & Moving Pictures DID have Barenaked Ladies (among other artists). It was released not too long after BtLS. Watch that doc along with the extras if you haven't already! It's a must!

Surely, Jack Black was in there to show the scope of Rush's influence. Doesn't matter if Jack's a buffoon or not. ;)

But hey, how bad can he be? He's a Rush fan! :)

• Like 2

The could have at least told the guy who kept calling him "Neil PERT" to correct the pronunciation before filming him, but maybe they wanted him to look like an ass. :LOL:

And who was that again?

Jack Black is like the typical annoying casual at a Rush concert who gets excited at Tom Sawyer, but only knows half the lyrics.

He will never be more than a John Belushi wannabe.

Yeah, I also grew tired of Jack Black very quickly, especially after his cringe inducing rendition of TSOR. I was thinking about editing my own version of that doc with a lot of the more annoying "celebrity" quotes left out. The guy who DID impress me though was Trent Reznor. I always think of him as a screaming lunatic (in NIN), but his commentary toward Rush was all very kind as well as intelligent.

I feel like now, as then, Jack Black would be considered higher on the celebrity chart than BNL... not my personal feeling, just an observation of the pop-culture climate. But I agree that today, Jack Black is on the downside of his fame... still, Barenaked was just post-peak when he was peaking, no?

(No disrespect to the great BNL!)

I agree. Jack was the biggest "star" that they managed to snag.

Billy Corgan is the guy who impressed me. He seemed very intelligent and well-spoken.

yeah, i was too, and I had no idea that he was a fan. I like the early Smashing Pumpkins and never would have guessed that Rush was an influence. I like Gene Simmons interview.

I would like to think the actors from "I Love You, Man" would be included.

Are those guys actual fans? I had assumed they were just actors playing a part.

I would like to think the actors from "I Love You, Man" would be included.

Are those guys actual fans? I had assumed they were just actors playing a part.

They are both real fans.

I think Sebastian Bach is my favorite. It's clear that he's, ah, not quite lucid during the interview, and he gets a bunch of facts wrong, and everything he says and does is ridiculous.

Guys, Sebastian Bach is great.

Ha, well put!

Jack Black is like the typical annoying casual at a Rush concert who gets excited at Tom Sawyer, but only knows half the lyrics.

He will never be more than a John Belushi wannabe.

Sheesh man. All he did in that doc was like Rush.

Ya and you can tell he's a real fan when you hear him talk.. Like how Neil is accurate to the atom or whatever he said. He definitely gets Rush! Ya he's kind of a goof ball but you have to appreciate his sincerity.

• Like 1

I think Sebastian Bach is my favorite. It's clear that he's, ah, not quite lucid during the interview, and he gets a bunch of facts wrong, and everything he says and does is ridiculous.

Bach is hilarious. His line about Geddy singing in French before Bach can even understand his English is one of the best in the movie.

• Like 1

Bach is hilarious. His line about Geddy singing in French before Bach can even understand his English is one of the best in the movie.

Yeah I can follow that. Bach's ridiculous whether he intends to be or not. He's like one of those bozos at parties that you check out and hang with at least for a few minutes. A harmless clown worth some occasional laughs. :)