Your surname, how common is it? What rank is it in this list of 5000?

treeduck

I scrolled through the list but I didn't see my name there, so I'm not going to do it again. My heads hurting already.

There's a search option at the top of the page.

Tried that. Didn't work.

Well Sally EagleMoon isn't that common a name!

I scrolled through the list but I didn't see my name there, so I'm not going to do it again. My heads hurting already.

Tried that. Didn't work.

Well Sally EagleMoon isn't that common a name!

:LOL:

Tried that. Didn't work.

Click on any of the numbers to the left and it will bring up a page where you can search.

Tried that. Didn't work.

Click on any of the numbers to the left and it will bring up a page where you can search.

I did it the easy way. Clicked the letter of my last name and searched that way.

Close to 4000 - which was a lot higher than I was expecting. Maybe it's more common in the USA than here. Edited by pip65

Actually, since my name has a D and then an apostrophe followed by the rest of my name (stupid Italians...), the last name might have the D omitted from it for this database and it just counts the remainder of the name... What a lame oversight.

(for example, let's say my last name was "D'mores"... Since the apostrophe is there, this websites database records the name as simply "Mores" and ignores the rest...)

Anyways, if that's the case then, which I think it might be, my surname is in the 67,000 - 68,000 range.

Edited by Mr. Not

Not even in the database

Which isn't a good thing, it means I'm easier to filter out, track down, and keep record of.

(do I sound paranoid at all?)

No it makes you EASIER to track because there's only a few with your name, you're easier to filter and you stand out. A common name and you're one of the thousands lost in the crowd.

I come in around 2999 3799, my spouse at 1650 ish...surprised his was more common than mine... :huh: I found mine using find in my browser, also by clicking on the smaller categories to the left 1000-2000 etc.

Now if we go by first names, I am in the top 15. I remember thinking when I was little I had a unique name and then when I got to 1st grade, there were 4 other girls with my name :o

Edited by Rhyta

I didn't see mine on the list. Looked alphabetically, too, which I figured would be the easiest way. Still not there.

It's just as well.

JARED ranks # 15539 in terms of the most common surnames in America for 2000.

Well damn!