What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

My first exam is this wednesday and I'm not feeling fine.

I flunked my exam. Two weeks of insomnia didn't help much either, but the good thing is that now I know what to expect. I have a re-exam january 27th. If everything goes down the drain I might consider taking a furlough, and work on some personal issues I got.

I flunked my exam. Two weeks of insomnia didn't help much either, but the good thing is that now I know what to expect. I have a re-exam january 27th. If everything goes down the drain I might consider taking a furlough, and work on some personal issues I got.

I'm sorry to hear that, TAG. :(

What have you been studying?

Sorry to hear that. Best of luck for your re-exam, though! You can do it! :cheerleader:

The course was Databases & XML. I was too unprepared due to feeling to depressed. Every time I sat down to study I would lose focus. Today took the worst out it. Just talking to somebody about it cleared the air so to speak :)

Sorry to hear that. Best of luck for your re-exam, though! You can do it! :cheerleader:

I'll redeem myself :D

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Just-When-I-Think-You-Couldnt-Possibly-Be-Any-Dumber-You-Go-and-Do-Something-Like-This..-and-Totally-Redeem-Yourself-In-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif

• Like 2

I'll need to move from a good place I just entered, because there's a flood that comes from inside the walls and rust.

I'm moving because the landlord disrespect my privacy, fights and gossips. :eyeroll: :blink:

Here I go again, to look for a new peaceful and better leveled place to live. :sigh:

I had a landlord like that once. He was awful.

Hope you find a better place to live soon.

Thanks, me too. o_O

As for today: lies made me sad.

My aunt passed away today. I am so sad. :(

Really sorry to hear. It's hurts so bad losing someone. Were you close?

:hug2:

Pretty close. I feel terrible for my mom. She came from a large family but this is the 3rd sister she has lost in just over 4 years. :(

And thank you to everyone for your sympathy. I have Rush music playing right now and of all songs to come on, "The Garden"...sadly poetic at the moment.

Edited by Xanadu
  • Like 5

The course was Databases & XML. I was too unprepared due to feeling to depressed. Every time I sat down to study I would lose focus. Today took the worst out it. Just talking to somebody about it cleared the air so to speak :)

I hope you will be better prepared and well rested for the retake, Analog.

• Like 1

Good luck with your re-exam ! I'll bet the experience of having been through it once, and getting some rest, will make a difference. Sounds like you are prepared with some good plans either way but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

• Like 1

Pretty close. I feel terrible for my mom. She came from a large family but this is the 3rd sister she has lost in just over 4 years. :(

And thank you to everyone for your sympathy. I have Rush music playing right now and of all songs to come on, "The Garden"...sadly poetic at the moment.

That's really hard...be well.

• Like 1

If your not getting enough shut-eye then you can't function properly or be expected to.. got the same prob' here (except i'm 51 and not taking exams) so i strongly suggest addressing what it is that's keeping you from a good nights kip.. and pretty sharpish !

Oh, and all the very best with the re-sit !

Edited by Fred Star
  • Like 1

My son 'ran away'twice, stole some stuff, lied, basically is in rebellion mode. That's why I haven't been around much also.

He thinks I'm a bitch & wants to go live with his dad. He's my world & only child, so this is breaking my heart. His dad is poisoning him against me, IMO. He is definitely undermining my decisions as a mom. He's sixteen & I know some rebellion is normal, but not stealing & lying.

Edited by gypsy muse

Took one of the dogs into the vet today to get something looked at and it turned out to be a super aggressive cancer. The Wife and I did the hard, but right, thing and said our goodbyes. Sam didn't make the trip home. :( I came home and gave the other dog a bath, and we're hanging out by the fire. My son will be home from the movies in a bit, and I get to break the news to him then. That'll be tough.

We did have six great years with Sam, and we have some great memories of hiking in the Sierras, etc. Here's a recent pick of my son and both dogs. The Lad is a sleepwalker, and last week I got up early only to find him asleep in the laundry room with the dogs. That's Sam, in front. The Lad's the one with the smaller ears.

Tough one with the pooch, Goose.. especially on children.. he'll soon come around !

My Great Aunt Carrie passed away yesterday.

She was 93, and the last of my grandparents' generation. All my grandparents and great aunts and uncles are now gone. :( :( :(

I was really hoping to see her when I went South on vacation in September. A surprise visit was in the works. She wasn't even five feet tall, but she didn't take shit from anybody. She had a strong personality and love for life that we all envied. When I was a small child, Aunt Carrie and Uncle Joe showed me that "old people" were just as cool as everyone else!! :ebert:

I'm sorry about your losing your great aunt, especially before you could see her. She sounds like a really neat person too! :'(

My son 'ran away'twice, stole some stuff, lied, basically is in rebellion mode. That's why I haven't been around much also.

He thinks I'm a bitch & wants to go live with his dad. He's my world & only child, so this is breaking my heart. His dad is poisoning him against me, IMO. He is definitely undermining my decisions as a mom. He's sixteen & I know some rebellion is normal, but not stealing & lying.

:( That's a shame; I'm really sorry to hear that, gypsy.

It may take time for that whole situation to become ironed out...but it will.

Found out a little while ago that my eight year old son has walking pneumonia. :(

He'll be okay; he stayed home from school yesterday, and went back today. It's treatable, for sure. But I just feel bad for him; he hasn't been having a great time lately.

• Like 1

I'm sorry you have to deal with that, Gypsy. I was also a rebellious kid and if Seth is anything like I was, I didn't do it to annoy my parents; I did it because I thought I was an adult and I wanted more freedom. I hope he's got similar reasons. Hugs and support to you, and sympathies for all the parents who have to deal with teenagers.

3 deaths in just 4 years is really tough. Hope you will get through this and get your family closer to each other.

• Like 1