What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

Found out a little while ago that my eight year old son has walking pneumonia. :(

He'll be okay; he stayed home from school yesterday, and went back today. It's treatable, for sure. But I just feel bad for him; he hasn't been having a great time lately.

I'm glad he's feeling a bit better- that sounds like a scary diagnosis. Thank goodness for the right prescriptions when we need them!

My son 'ran away'twice, stole some stuff, lied, basically is in rebellion mode. That's why I haven't been around much also.

He thinks I'm a bitch & wants to go live with his dad. He's my world & only child, so this is breaking my heart. His dad is poisoning him against me, IMO. He is definitely undermining my decisions as a mom. He's sixteen & I know some rebellion is normal, but not stealing & lying.

Shoot, I'm sorry to hear this, Gypsy. It sounds like you are doing what you can, being there for him and keeping the lines of communication open. Hang in there and hopefully it's a stage that will pass soon . . . .

• Like 1

My son 'ran away'twice, stole some stuff, lied, basically is in rebellion mode. That's why I haven't been around much also.

He thinks I'm a bitch & wants to go live with his dad. He's my world & only child, so this is breaking my heart. His dad is poisoning him against me, IMO. He is definitely undermining my decisions as a mom. He's sixteen & I know some rebellion is normal, but not stealing & lying.

Stealing and lying are the prime ingredients of MANIPULATION. Some kids will do even these two VERY BAD things, but they are all in an attempt to see how much the parent will let them get away with. Thankfully my two kids didn't try any of this stuff til they were on their own, and my son, (as far as I know) hasn't done either, my daughter I'm not so sure of...but as a son of a MASTER manipulator, my Mom...even being the Boy Scout that I am, I did a bit of it myself... got my mom for almost a year before she found out I was smoking cigarettes...I think kids are getting the wrong idea, when they think they have the power over their parents as the law can sometimes be interpreted. Sometimes this can be good, but not to the extent they think they are in control of how they are raised. Most parents have to deal with this today, and it seems that it's not gonna change soon.

I'm sorry this is being used on you by your son, Gypsy Muse, but I wouldn't let him get away with it. I know how you love him, but you don't need that kind of behavior from him, and he definitely needs to learn this...it looks like his father isn't interested in helping you in any way.....wow.....Wishing you all the positive thoughts in this case...... :hug2:

My co-worker's dad died today.He's not doing too good with it. Makes me really sad, he's such a good guy.

I'm sorry to hear this also, grep! Please give your friend my regards....

• Like 1

My co-worker's dad died today.He's not doing too good with it. Makes me really sad, he's such a good guy.

I'm sorry to hear this- my sympathies to your co worker and hugs to you for being supportive.

Sorry to hear this, gypsy muse! Hopefully he'll come around sooner rather than later :hug2:

• Like 1

Found out a little while ago that my eight year old son has walking pneumonia. :(

He'll be okay; he stayed home from school yesterday, and went back today. It's treatable, for sure. But I just feel bad for him; he hasn't been having a great time lately.

Sorry to hear this, but I'm glad he'll be okay! Wishing him a speedy recovery!

• Like 2

I went thru a similar thing with my boy last April. He was with a 103+ fever for several days, It was hell for him. He had just started going to a Montessori Pre-school in January and as a result of the pneumonia (My son has speech-recognition issues so he calls it ammonia-lol) was totally freaked out from going to the school. It was a struggle, he couldn't keep any food down for nearly a week and got sick in his sleep on several occasions. But like any other red-blooded 4 year old he was back causing hell in no time. He has a bit of a cold atm, and every time its like...whoa hold your breath, I don't want him to go thru that again! ;/

• Like 1

Nothing. It's best to not be sad every day.

Lol. I am very rarely sad, unhappy and miserable, angry even, but very rarely sad.

Still, this week....pretty much sucked. Last week sucked too, lets face it my life pretty much sucks right now.

But I'm not sad. Pissed off and bitter, yes, but no sad! ;)

Gypsy, sorry you are having trouble with your kid, I was a 16 year old boy once as well (no shit right! ;)). My dad pretty much was a drugged out mess and my mom is the biggest enabler, but she kept my arse in line. Keep showing him unconditional love and everything will be just fine.

• Like 1

Lol. I am very rarely sad, unhappy and miserable, angry even, but very rarely sad.

Still, this week....pretty much sucked. Last week sucked too, lets face it my life pretty much sucks right now.

But I'm not sad. Pissed off and bitter, yes, but no sad! ;)

Gypsy, sorry you are having trouble with your kid, I was a 16 year old boy once as well (no shit right! ;)). My dad pretty much was a drugged out mess and my mom is the biggest enabler, but she kept my arse in line. Keep showing him unconditional love and everything will be just fine.

:hug2: Miss ya, man! Hope things are looking up soon!

• Like 1

I went thru a similar thing with my boy last April. He was with a 103+ fever for several days, It was hell for him. He had just started going to a Montessori Pre-school in January and as a result of the pneumonia (My son has speech-recognition issues so he calls it ammonia-lol) was totally freaked out from going to the school. It was a struggle, he couldn't keep any food down for nearly a week and got sick in his sleep on several occasions. But like any other red-blooded 4 year old he was back causing hell in no time. He has a bit of a cold atm, and every time its like...whoa hold your breath, I don't want him to go thru that again! ;/

Wow. :( Yeah, that sounds worse than what we've been going through. He's had a little bit of a fever on and off, but nothing like 103...and his breathing hasn't been very shallow or anything. It's just the awful cough. There are times when I've thought he was just fine, by the way he's acting, but then he'll have a coughing fit, and it just sounds terrible. He also has been going to bed, lights out and done by about 8:00 PM every night for at least a week, which is very unusual. He just needs a lot of rest.

He has a basketball game at 8:00 this morning, but needless to say, he's staying home from that.

Regarding your post to fordgalaxy- next week is bound to be better, no? I wish you well!

Sorry to hear this, but I'm glad he'll be okay! Wishing him a speedy recovery!

Thanks, bean. :)

He's doing...okay. It's just taking some time.

• Like 1

I don't think the people who post in here are sad every day. I very rarely have things that I care to post about that are sad. This thread is just an outlet for when it's appropriate, though.

• Like 2

Sad news. It's hard to watch when people you care for are sick. Wishing him all the best.

• Like 1

Sad news. It's hard to watch when people you care for are sick. Wishing him all the best.

Thank you, Y_L.

Poor little guy...I'm good thoughts and prayers his way. Speedy recovering lad!

• Like 1

Thanks, my friend...we are doing okay. His stamina is getting a little bit better.

• Like 4

Thanks, my friend...we are doing okay. His stamina is getting a little bit better.

Good to know. In a couple of says its going to be an afterthought. Kids are funny that way.

As adults we do everything we can do not to get sick. When you are young its almost like you are chasing it.

• Like 2