What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

I'll need to move from a good place I just entered, because there's a flood that comes from inside the walls and rust.

I'm moving because the landlord disrespect my privacy, fights and gossips. :eyeroll: :blink:

Here I go again, to look for a new peaceful and better leveled place to live. :sigh:

I'll need to move from a good place I just entered, because there's a flood that comes from inside the walls and rust.

I'm moving because the landlord disrespect my privacy, fights and gossips. :eyeroll: :blink:

Here I go again, to look for a new peaceful and better leveled place to live. :sigh:

I had a landlord like that once. He was awful.

Hope you find a better place to live soon.

Been there, done that....had too many of those, actually....I hope you're successful also!!!

...having to be sad!

BTDT also. It doesn't last forever, Steevo! :cheers:

• Like 1

Took one of the dogs into the vet today to get something looked at and it turned out to be a super aggressive cancer. The Wife and I did the hard, but right, thing and said our goodbyes. Sam didn't make the trip home. :( I came home and gave the other dog a bath, and we're hanging out by the fire. My son will be home from the movies in a bit, and I get to break the news to him then. That'll be tough.

We did have six great years with Sam, and we have some great memories of hiking in the Sierras, etc. Here's a recent pick of my son and both dogs. The Lad is a sleepwalker, and last week I got up early only to find him asleep in the laundry room with the dogs. That's Sam, in front. The Lad's the one with the smaller ears.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/Todd.SleepingwithDogs.December2015_zpsdxxlzrgn.jpg

• Like 2

Took one of the dogs into the vet today to get something looked at and it turned out to be a super aggressive cancer. The Wife and I did the hard, but right, thing and said our goodbyes. Sam didn't make the trip home. :( I came home and gave the other dog a bath, and we're hanging out by the fire. My son will be home from the movies in a bit, and I get to break the news to him then. That'll be tough.

We did have six great years with Sam, and we have some great memories of hiking in the Sierras, etc. Here's a recent pick of my son and both dogs. The Lad is a sleepwalker, and last week I got up early only to find him asleep in the laundry room with the dogs. That's Sam, in front. The Lad's the one with the smaller ears.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/Todd.SleepingwithDogs.December2015_zpsdxxlzrgn.jpg

Was it necessary to put him down so soon? Was he suffering (not eating/drinking)?

That has to be one of the hardest decisions to make. I've had to make it countless times. Many times I had a cat put down too soon, and always beat myself up for it after. Now I wait until the cat has absolutely no more quality of life left.

Can't see your picture and just as well. Even if I didn't know Sam, I'd start crying. I hate it when anyone loses an animal - cat or dog.

Telling someone is hard (I had to tell my husband his father was killed in an auto accident.) Maybe you can get another dog asap so your son doesn't miss Sam too much.

:hug2:

Edited by Lorraine

Was it necessary to put him down so soon? Was he suffering (not eating/drinking)?

That has to be one of the hardest decisions to make. I've had to make it countless times. Many times I had a cat put down too soon, and always beat myself up for it after. Now I wait until the cat has absolutely no more quality of life left.

Can't see your picture and just as well. Even if I didn't know Sam, I'd start crying. I hate it when anyone loses an animal - cat or dog.

Telling someone is hard (I had to tell my husband his father was killed in an auto accident.) Maybe you can get another dog asap so your son doesn't miss Sam too much.

Thanks, Lorraine. We'll get another dog...for the Lad and as a buddy for our other bassett, Winston. I feel worst for him.
  • Like 2

Thanks, Lorraine. We'll get another dog...for the Lad and as a buddy for our other bassett, Winston. I feel worst for him.

It was a bassett hound? That's even worse. :( I love them and someday hope to own one.

sorry for your loss...I know how tough that can be. A rough responsibility we have to our pets. Great picture btw!
  • Like 3

I'm so sorry, Goose. My condolences to you and the family (2- and 4-legged).

• Like 1

I'm so sorry to hear this-((hugs)) to you and your family, Goose. The same thing happened with one of our cats;suddenly we returned from the vet with no Alex cat. It stinks. Your photo is beautiful-my deepest sympathy to you and your wife and especially,the lad.

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind thoughts. The Lad has taken to skeeping on the floor with the remaining dog, who is a shell of his former self right now. They two dogs were from the same litter, and for six years slept, ate, played...did everything together. We are all fine...but the dog is a mess... :(
  • Like 3

Thanks for the kind thoughts. The Lad has taken to skeeping on the floor with the remaining dog, who is a shell of his former self right now. They two dogs were from the same litter, and for six years slept, ate, played...did everything together. We are all fine...but the dog is a mess... :(

Glad the Lad and Winston can both be there for each other. :hug2:

• Like 2

:hug2: to Winston.

• Like 2

That's so sad. I know this sounds strange, but talk to Winston and tell him what happened. Animals aren't as stupid as humans like to believe they are.

• Like 3

I'm so sorry to hear this, goose! My condolences :hug2:

• Like 1

Thanks, bean-tor. The dog and I played chase for a bit today...so he's coming around.

Well, I'm glad to hear that! Poor guy, hopefully his spirits will soon be fully lifted. Certainly I feel for the people in situations like this, but I always feel for the other animals, too. It's heartbreaking all around, but I'm glad to hear that he was up for playing today!

• Like 1