This guys opinion means nothing.really nees to shut up and drum.

nicky6

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/bleeding-heart-libertarian-neil-peart-support-democrats

At least bono puts his money here his mouth is, what has neil done with his money to support this bleeding heart.

Dude was better when he played his drums and kept his political belief's to himself. and start treating his fans with respect The fans are the ones that made him rich..

• Like 3

Yeah I find the less I know about Neil the better...I rarely take his lyrics as seriously as some around here anyway so the whole Ayn Rand deal goes over my head.

Besides, the man is entitled to his views, and can express them however he wishes. I would rather just ignore it, same as I have to with Springsteen.

• Like 4

Yeah I find the less I know about Neil the better...I rarely take his lyrics as seriously as some around here anyway so the whole Ayn Rand deal goes over my head.

Besides, the man is entitled to his views, and can express them however he wishes. I would rather just ignore it, same as I have to with Springsteen.

Just like we do with each other right?

:laughing guy:

• Like 2

Dude...I have had some major hormonal problems, since last week it's been my goal to be more lighthearted (so I bring up such light fare as "conception", and " lighten up Fraroc").

• Like 1

Dude...I have had some major hormonal problems, since last week it's been my goal to be more lighthearted (so I bring up such light fare as "conception", and " lighten up Fraroc").

Question: Do you know how to make a whore moan?

Answer: Don't pay her

• Like 1

Where did he insult fans?

Why are we starting new threads every time an article quotes the same source material?

Why do Rush fans have such a huge overreaction to a guy with an opinion?

If it doesn't matter what he said about politics, then you shouldn't be posting about it. It doesn't matter.

If it does matter enough for you to post angry posts about it, redundantly, then you should ask yourself why it matters to you this much.

Is it right to tell Neil not to have an opinion. "Dance monkey dance?"

Get over it, or debate it. But stop having an emotional reaction to it.

• Like 3

You both are allowed your opinions and (assuming you're an American citizen) your one vote. Why deny him the option of having his opinion. At least his mind was open enough to allow his opinion to change over time. I respect that.
  • Like 4

Neil disliking conservatives is one reason NOT to dislike him. Still doesn't excuse him being such a shitty f***ing person to his fans
  • Like 1

Who gives a shit what Neil's political beliefs are or what kind of person he is? As long as you enjoy his music none of this other stuff should matter. Also, I will never understand why people get so worked up over politics? There's plenty of other worthwhile things to devote your time and energy to than that crap. Edited by J2112YYZ

Honestly I can see how some people hate his views and all that but really I like to hear the other side of things and sometimes reading his books it makes me think in a different mindset. I may not necessarily agree with him but it opens your mind.

blah blah blah I hate Neil blah blah blahblaaaaaaaaaa

Why don't YOU shut up, get a life, and stop trolling The Rush Forum....?

• Like 1

I've refrained from this inane waste of time type posting, now it's time to waste some of my time; this post, is no doubt, never going to end this waste of energy.

Firstly, there is a world out there, go explore it.

Secondly unlike Bono, Mr. Peart responded to a stimuli. He didn't get on a platform to espouse his political leanings in some calculated agenda.

Someone took the wrong (very public) decision to

use his art, in a context that was inappropriate, to promote a political view ; for and agenda uncomfortable to his own perception.

He responded publicly - in defense!

If you have ever created 'art', and then had it used in a way, contrary and upsetting to your own world view, you may just begin to understand

how this person( who I understand, keeps a very conscious distance of, never stepping into the public political arena) has felt it now necessary to -

pipe up!

His words suggest, that the 'Democratic' party is far from an ideal choice, but the only one left for him. Hardly some, gung ho endorsement, a political activist animal.

Wow he has an opinion on rand's views too, maybe got them wrong, in this emotive debacle! Who knew someone could get things wrong.

My view is that politics and music should never, NEVER, mix, in the way that a musician becomes involved in political

action, it just seems unwholesome, self righteous plain wrong.

Get over it, go out and focus on something else, than just one persons opinion.

Edited by condemned2bfree
  • Like 2

He dared to say that he thinks Rand Paul and the other GOP candidates hate women and brown people. The four or five hundred non-bigoted members of the party are now furious with him. The rest are pissed too for being called out. Fox News will probably run a piece about how he's a Muslim terrorist later today.

nicky6, do we not already have a huge thread about Neil and his Rand Paul comments? Started by YOU?

Beat the living crap out of him!

I figured we'd tie a pair of headphones to his head and force him to listen to a 48-hour loop of Miley Cyrus' cover of "Tai Shan." Cruel, but fair.

• Like 1

I've refrained from this inane waste of time type posting, now it's time to waste some of my time; this post, is no doubt, never going to end this waste of energy.

Secondly unlike Bono, Mr. Peart responded to a stimuli. He didn't get on a platform to espouse his political leanings in some calculated agenda.

use his art, in a context that was inappropriate, to promote a political view ; for and agenda uncomfortable to his own perception.

If you have ever created 'art', and then had it used in a way, contrary and upsetting to your own world view, you may just begin to understand

how this person( who I understand, keeps a very conscious distance of, never stepping into the public political arena) has felt it now necessary to -

pipe up!

His words suggest, that the 'Democratic' party is far from an ideal choice, but the only one left for him. Hardly some, gung ho endorsement, a political activist animal.

Wow he has an opinion on rand's views too, maybe got them wrong, in this emotive debacle! Who knew someone could get things wrong.

My view is that politics and music should never, NEVER, mix, in the way that a musician becomes involved in political

So "artists" shouldn't be politicians? Politics and music shouldn't mix?

That's your preference and a rather silly narrow-minded one at that. I suggest that you should "go out" learn a bit about musician activists and protest songs then come back here and apologise for embarrassing yourself here.

Music and politics shouldn't mix! You are ridiculous.

nicky6, do we not already have a huge thread about Neil and his Rand Paul comments? Started by YOU?

I figured we'd tie a pair of headphones to his head and force him to listen to a 48-hour loop of Miley Cyrus' cover of "Tai Shan." Cruel, but fair.

Counterparts on loop would produce the same effect on me should you ever feel it's necessary. :P

Counterparts on loop would produce the same effect on me should you ever feel it's necessary. :P

Hmmm.... *twirls mustache*

pipe up!

So "artists" shouldn't be politicians? Politics and music shouldn't mix?

That's your preference and a rather silly narrow-minded one at that. I suggest that you should "go out" learn a bit about musician activists and protest songs then come back here and apologise for embarrassing yourself here.

Music and politics shouldn't mix! You are ridiculous.

No they shouldn't, in my opinion, they generally come across as condescending bores ala bono.

Fuddled again, I'll explain?

Not talking of politics being in music, it works rather well when done properly; new model army rage against the machine Bob dylan. Zappa.Live aid great sars concert excellent.

I was referring to those mainstream or known musicians who move into politics, it just generally doesnt work for me. Bono - give me a break, Frank Zappa - better done via his music .

Happy dylan let his political music do the talking, nothing else - Bono now looks cheap in comparison

And as far as embarrassing oneself, I'll leave it to the expert.

Edited by condemned2bfree

Much better than making him listen to Peart read from his blog on a 48 minute loop.