New Iron Maiden album - Book of Souls

I can see how it might be in bad taste, I suppose, but I can assure you it was just a joke about how maiden will visit smaller countries that most rock bands avoid. I certainly don't have any derogatory feelings towards non-americans. this is a british thread on a canadian forum

I don't find it offensive, and 73 didn't PM me about it, so.....

I dont fiind it offensive either, but its probably about time you guys dropped it.

it's over with, man. but really, it's fine - people will say "bruce's voice kicks ass! \m/" and this stuff will be buried by the next page by tomorrow.

They're bigger internationally than the US, no question. So not too much of a surprise we're getting the short end of the stick in the states this time around. Don't see that changing anytime soon.

Back to the album - Still think its excellent, but may take back my "best since 7th son" assessment. Not sure its better than Matter of Life and Death, which Ive always held as the high water mark of the reunion era.

As for Empire of the Clouds, while its certainly different and at times interesting, its nowhere close to a masterpiece IMO, its pretty good.

Edited by greg2112
  • Like 1

South American Tour dates announced - March 17th in Rio, with Anthrax in tow!!!

And not spending that night at home playing scrabble, I guess?......

2016 Tour Dates - US

Wed Feb 24 Sunrise, FL BB&T Center

Fri Feb 26 Tulsa, OK BOK Center

Sun Feb 28 Las Vegas, NV Mandalay Bay Events Center

Wed Mar 30 New York City Madison Square Garden

Tue Apr 05 Detroit, MI The Palace of Auburn Hills

Wed Apr 06 Chicago, IL United Center

Mon Apr 11 Tacoma, WA Tacoma Dome

Wed Apr 13 Denver, CO Pepsi Center

Fri Apr 15 Los Angeles, CA The Forum

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Iron-Maiden-tickets/artist/735341?c=LNSM_National_FBEvent_IronMaiden_EventDescription_20150930

Edited by Disembodied Spirit

2016 Tour Dates - US

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Iron-Maiden-tickets/artist/735341?c=LNSM_National_FBEvent_IronMaiden_EventDescription_20150930

Yeah, these were announced a week or so ago. I posted them already.

Edited by J2112YYZ

2016 Tour Dates - US

http://www.ticketmas...iption_20150930

Yeah, these were announced a week or so ago. I posted them already.

I was off the grid for a week.

Managed to get pre-sale tickets for the NYC show (got an eMail from MSG themselves actually regarding the Maiden show). Gonna be in the balcony seats this time as I'm going cheap with concert tickets when it comes to stadium shows. $80 for the cheapest seats, but hey, my seat's practically dead center and its Maiden so I can't complain...it'll be easier for me to go for a piss break during the opening act whom I have low hopes for quite frankly (Alice Cooper on the last American tour was awesome!).
  • Like 1

So, now that the dust has (slightly) settled on this release, what is everybody's current verdict?

Has it improved over the last few weeks, stayed the same, grown off you?

Just curious. It had a wonderful initial response from many (sorry, not me), so I wonder if it has retained its magic for many of you guys, considering their are plenty of huge Maiden fans here.

So, now that the dust has (slightly) settled on this release, what is everybody's current verdict?

Just curious. It had a wonderful initial response from many (sorry, not me), so I wonder if it has retained its magic for many of you guys, considering their are plenty of huge Maiden fans here.

Talk about a huge drop...I was really excited about their new release. My enthusiasm is well documented in this thread. But after repeated listens, I think some songs are way too similar to other things they've done not too long ago, and other songs are unnecessarily long. The only tracks I still really enjoy listening now are Tears of a Clown and Empire of the Clouds.

• Like 2

Still love it!!! :haz:

Maybe you'll do a Segue on it, yourself ;)

• Like 1

I still love the album as well. The key is to only listen to it a couple times a week. The album is far too long to listen to it more than that. The length will burn you out on it too fast if you listen to it every day.

Talk about a huge drop...I was really excited about their new release. My enthusiasm is well documented in this thread. But after repeated listens, I think some songs are way too similar to other things they've done not too long ago, and other songs are unnecessarily long. The only tracks I still really enjoy listening now are Tears of a Clown and Empire of the Clouds.

This was my issue. I just kept remembering better songs, and as hard as I try all I hear is decent music, below average songs.

And the epic did nothing for me.

It isn't a big deal, I am more of a casual fan than a diehard, but it does intrigue me that even a long time fan such as yourself would feel the same way!

I still want to stress that I don't think it is a bad album. Not at all. But it is one of the worst I have heard from Iron Maiden, maybe third worst to the Bailey albums (which I also think each had minor moments of greatness).

Well, I haven't listened to it since around this time last month. I'll give it another listen, but it'll take some time cause I listen to the discs in separate listens.

Still enjoy it. Can't see really changing mind on this either.

This makes me happy.

I hope the majority of fans feel this way, I want them to really own this moment!

Gutted I don't enjoy it, but never mind. Maybe one day!

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Got my tickets fro 2/24 in Sunrise FL. My son will see his first Maiden show. He is pretty excited.

I think NYC sold out in about hour :( They went on sale at noon on Saturday, I wasn't able to get them until around 1:30, and haven't been able to get any. Now I have to either go to stubhub or hope they announce another date within a few hours of Philly.

I am on my 3rd full listen today of The Book of Souls (I know I know I am late but I have been in a Rival Sons trance beyond belief LOL and also picked up the new Winery Dogs whom I caught at a local rock club last week).

The album is superb. I am a huge fan of the newer Maiden since Bruce and ADrian rejoined. So this album rings really strong with me. I am very much looking forward to most of the material live and also hope to see some BNW and AMOLAD stuff rolling out as well.

Here are my rankings of the Bruce stuff since I saw that back a few pages. I like to play as well lol.

1. Piece Of Mind

2. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

3. Powerslave

4. Somewhere In Time

5. The Number of the Beast

6. Brave New World

7. A Matter of Life and Death/Book of Souls (rising with a bullet)

8. Final Frontier

9. Dance of Death

10. Fear of the Dark

11. No Prayer for the Dying

• Like 1