HEAVY METAL HoF Vocalists, Sebastian BACH, Geoff TATE, Don DOKKEN and CJ Snare, who else belongs? NO ONE BEEOTCH

JohnRogers

Serious question is KISS heavy metal or just a hard rock freak show?

kind of like what J2112 said, a good test that I never thought of before - does this sound closer to the stones or black sabbath? I think KISS were closer to the stones

For this to work I need something other than Black Sabbath. Never really gave them much of listen and have no desire to now.

have you heard the song "iron man" before? if you have, you know what sabbath sounds like even if you never bought the records.

LOL dude I'm not that Japanese soilder hiding on an island in 1952 who thinks the war is still going on! I'll get flamed for this but yeah Iron Man does nothing for me.

I nominate Gary Cherone to the greatest vocalist party.

kind of like what J2112 said, a good test that I never thought of before - does this sound closer to the stones or black sabbath? I think KISS were closer to the stones

For this to work I need something other than Black Sabbath. Never really gave them much of listen and have no desire to now.

Just leave. Please.

Since I started this thread and I'm the only judge who decides who makes the heavy metal vocalist HoF I'll stay. Feel free to get the funk out if you don't like it, I won't force feed you.

Just leave. Please.

Since I started this thread and I'm the only judge who decides who makes the heavy metal vocalist HoF I'll stay. Feel free to get the funk out if you don't like it, I won't force feed you.

You have no business talkin metal if you don't know the mighty sabbath!! How bout we start a discussion about great rock drummers, but oh.. I'm not familiar with Bonham or Peart... Come on man!

• Like 2

have you heard the song "iron man" before? if you have, you know what sabbath sounds like even if you never bought the records.

LOL dude I'm not that Japanese soilder hiding on an island in 1952 who thinks the war is still going on! I'll get flamed for this but yeah Iron Man does nothing for me.

I nominate Gary Cherone to the greatest vocalist party.

Cherone isn't even the best vocalist in his own bathtub...

• Like 2

Just leave. Please.

You have no business talkin metal if you don't know the mighty sabbath!! How bout we start a discussion about great rock drummers, but oh.. I'm not familiar with Bonham or Peart... Come on man!

I know Black Sabbath, I don't like Black Sabbath. I never bought their vinyl or cassettes but I did hear it on FM radio or friends parties. Ozzy solo does nothing for me either. I like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and Metallica so Im ready to continue my judging duties.

Now back to greatness that is Gary Cherone, a founding member of Extreme and the pilot of the greatest era in Van Halen's career.

Just leave. Please.

I know Black Sabbath, I don't like Black Sabbath. I never bought their vinyl or cassettes but I did hear it on FM radio or friends parties. Ozzy solo does nothing for me either. I like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and Metallica so Im ready to continue my judging duties.

Now back to greatness that is Gary Cherone, a founding member of Extreme and the pilot of the greatest era in Van Halen's career.

No sabbath, no discussion. And your Cherone but is an obvious troll

• Like 1

Yeah well I don't like that other great metal band Jethro Tull either, so I guess there is that too.

I'd rather hear Gary Cherone sing VH live than Diamond Dave.

Jethro Tull is far from metal. You should use this thread for educational purposes because you're idea of what is metal is way off from what the dedicated metal fan thinks is. Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

Upon seeing this thread I thought it was an Earl thread. Obviously not. That being said, the Mt. Rushmore of Metal (IMO) is 3/4 easy to pick. The fourth voice, for me, takes some serious consideration. The 3 obvious picks are:

1. Halford - all bow to the Metal God. End of story thank you

2. Bruce from Iron Maiden.

3. Dio (RIP)

Now to the fourth. A great many worthy names have been tossed around and I wont dismiss any of them out of hand. Ozzy might have been a contender for the spot but I think he gets point on showmanship, not vocal ability. When I think about that I can't vote for him.

Many of the others mentioned, while great, just don't rank with the big 3.

I happen to like Dokken's vocals but no way I can vote for him. Somebody mentioned Klaus from the Scorps - hmmm. Perhaps.

I will toss out 3 names nobody has mentioned yet as possibles and see what you folks think. The names are:

1 Doro from Warlock

2. Tarja from Nightwish

3. Floor also from Nightwish (and other groups)

One last thing. Somebody mentioned Tull as Metal. Nope. not at all. Not even close. No way.

• Like 1

Jethro Tull Grammy joke, remember? The year Metallica got robbed.

So on my way to grab dinner War Pigs is on the radio, I don't switch the channel for a change. Back in the car AC/DC Jailbreak is playing. Neither song is more heavy metal than the other.

The voting for the number one spot is over that is held by Rob Halford.

Jethro Tull Grammy joke, remember? The year Metallica got robbed.

So on my way to grab dinner War Pigs is on the radio, I don't switch the channel for a change. Back in the car AC/DC Jailbreak is playing. Neither song is more heavy metal than the other.

The voting for the number one spot is over that is held by Rob Halford.

War Pigs isn't the best example of Sabbath's heaviness. Listen to this song and if you can't hear the difference in guitar tone between that and Jailbreak then there's no point of me posting in this thread again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-CpuuseZ7s

Upon seeing this thread I thought it was an Earl thread. Obviously not. That being said, the Mt. Rushmore of Metal (IMO) is 3/4 easy to pick. The fourth voice, for me, takes some serious consideration. The 3 obvious picks are:

3. Dio (RIP)

This is a bit of a light hearted parody of an Earl thread. We'll pick Mt RUSHmore of heavy metal vocalists but it's not something to get our panties twisted aboot.

3. Dio (RIP)

This is a bit of a light hearted parody of an Earl thread. We'll pick Mt RUSHmore of heavy metal vocalists but it's not something to get our panties twisted aboot.

Ahhh. So NOW you tell us.

Dude come on it's been pretty obvious.

So to recap Rob Halford is in spot one. Ozzy and Don Dokken are out!

Who gets head number two on the monument?

One vote for DIO.

• Like 1

One vote for DIO.

http://cdn.overclock.net/5/5b/5bde266d_ScruffySecond.jpeg

• Like 1

Tate over Dio?

:rfl:

As someone who is a huge Dio fan i've got no problem if someone likes Tate's voice better. Tate was a superb vocalist up until about 10 or so years ago.

What's with the CJ Snare crap though? I had to look him up just to find out who he was. He should not be in the running here because Firehouse isn't metal, he's not that great of a singer and he had zero influence on the genre.

Yeah, I know the OP is making this an Earl parody thread. But while Earl will have goofy thread titles, he's usually pretty serious about his love for something in his posts. I feel like most of the OP's posts in this thread are nothing but trolling.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

I'm serious aboot Geoff Tate, yes full disclosure Queensryche ranks second below RUSH in my world.

CJ Snare sounds great hitting those high notes but yes I'm being humorous. Trolling is such an ugly word. ;)

At the pub last night the death of Jani Lane came up. How did we not consider his talent as a possible nominee? One must also seriously consider Kevin Dubrow who was as good as Bruce Dickenson.

http://hardrockheavymetal.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/kevin-dubrow.jpg?w=593

Edited by JohnRogers