Does anyone get a little depressed after concerts?

Aikenrooster

Wow, am at such a low spot. The anticipation of the shows, I guess, allowed me to "press on" the last few months despite whatever life threw at me. Now that the shows are over, all of these things are weighing heavily on me.

I was actually physically sick earlier this week, and now, now I'm as blue as one can be. Is there any hope in this life?

Depressed may be the wrong word.

I got a feeling of 'I will not see this again' after the lights came up in New Orleans.

The video delayed the feeling, but a feeling of an old friend moving away, going away came over me.

It was very personal.

I also teared up during the high school video sequences of 'Subdivisions' , never had happened before.

Edited by Disembodied Spirit
  • Like 2

Wow, am at such a low spot. The anticipation of the shows, I guess, allowed me to "press on" the last few months despite whatever life threw at me. Now that the shows are over, all of these things are weighing heavily on me.

I was actually physically sick earlier this week, and now, now I'm as blue as one can be. Is there any hope in this life?

Great question. Is there hope? Life, according to Bill Murray, is not a dress rehearsal. Once this tour is over, I plan on working for Le Studio and the community relations department of Anthem.

• Like 1

Depressed may be the wrong word.

I got a feeling of 'I will not see this again' after the lights came up in New Orleans.

The video delayed the feeling, but a feeling of an old friend moving away, going away came over me.

It was very personal.

I also teared up during the high school video sequences of 'Subdivisions' , never had happened before.

Ugh...spoiler again.

And yes, I get that feeling but it's generally the day after when I am reliving the night before. It does suck.

Oh yeah, I know that feeling! Especially with :rush:

And if I do get to see them this tour, then I'm going to get it bad.... :(

:hug2:

• Like 1

Is there any hope in this life?

I'm quite familiar with this feeling. :(

I agree that a concert may cause depression. I always experience a feeling of emptiness and void after the end of a show, especially if you sit there for a few minutes as everyone is leaving, watching the building become empty. You have just experienced an incredible and significant memory in your life, and you don't want it to end. It's impossible not to be sad. When it comes to a situation like that, I tell myself not to think about the fact it's over, but remember the wonderful experience I had.

• Like 3

Its more than just the concert. Because I drive a truck, I haven't had a lot of home time the past 17 years. I took vacation for those 2 shows and I got to see my wife and family for a whole week and we even went other places. Not only that, but just being out of the truck and able to do regular stuff. Now, I've been away for a week, cooped up in this damned box, and I'm really depressed.

Sorry to complain. Tnx for listening.

• Like 4

Yeah, I do feel slightly bummed after the high of the experience wears off. But damn - a few days later I got a ticket offer in Philly, so I do have that to look forward to!

It's gonna suck big time after the tour is over, since we know it's not likely to happen again.

If you leave your show convinced that it's the last time ever, then it will be depressing without a doubt. Given the nature of this tour, it's hard not to think that way.

Fortunately, I'll be going to the Philly show with two of my sons. I can't think of a better way for it to end.

• Like 1

I always feel a huge adrenaline rush (haha) when the show is over. It does make a difference knowing that this may very we'll be the last time, yes. But out of all the gigs I've seen, over so many years (not only Rush, but lots of bands)- no, the after-show feeling is overwhelmingly awesome.
  • Like 1

Since I have yet to see "the finale" in Denver I haven't experienced that profound sense of loss...YET. However, I know its coming. After growing up RUSH, knowing those 3 hours will be in a nearby town soon has kept the dream alive, but the realization that they are human and are getting old is hard to swallow. The thought of "the last time" makes me cry..

I always feel a huge adrenaline rush (haha) when the show is over. It does make a difference knowing that this may very we'll be the last time, yes. But out of all the gigs I've seen, over so many years (not only Rush, but lots of bands)- no, the after-show feeling is overwhelmingly awesome.

:goodone:

And the feeling that I was fortunate enough to witness so many great bands though out the years.

• Like 1

It's not just Rush, I get amped up for any live show, no matter how small, even in a night club. The next day is kind of a buzzkill, but I do enjoy talking about the show with people and if it's a band I am not too familiar with, I'll hunt down more music and immerse myself in it. So I guess jumping off a bridge isn't necessarily the right thing to do. Life goes on, rehash and relive the show with friends and coworkers and plan for the next bit of live music in your life :)
  • Like 1

That big post-show adrenaline crash is one of the reasons I've been seeing multiple shows on the last tour and this tour. That plus there's really just too much to take in during one show. I guess with the three rotating setlists you need three shows to take it all in!

That big post-show adrenaline crash is one of the reasons I've been seeing multiple shows on the last tour and this tour. That plus there's really just too much to take in during one show. I guess with the three rotating setlists you need three shows to take it all in!

Fancy this- there are other bands I've seen literally dozens of times without ever seeing the same set twice. I love that kind of thing.

But a Rush show (or three) is an experience all its own. :)

I actually tend to have quite the opposite reaction. I tend to feel really good after seeing a show, and the feeling lasts for several days if not weeks. I feel a revived sense of interest in the band and listen to songs I haven't in a while and read about them, watch material on them, etc.

In fact when the Time Machine tour was going, I was overwhelmed with stress at work and a lot of other things and was thinking I probably wouldn't even go to the show. But I went anyway and it totally rejuvenated me.

But I think I understand the sort of depression the OP is talking about; I just don't tend to get it in connection with concerts. It's the down feeling you get after something you had been anticipating with great excitement for a long time is over. It happens to a lot of people after taking a vacation, or after holidays etc.

Concerts however don't end for me when the band stops playing. I feel like I carry something away from the experience that stays with me.

Then again, I am seeing Rush at least once more this tour and possibly twice more. I can imagine it might be a little depressing on after the last show I see this tour. or after the tour is over, knowing it may bevthe last (at lesst of this magnitude).

Edited by rftag