SOUNDCHECKED SONG IN AUSTIN...*SPOILER!!!*

ALifeson85

And yea - I already knew that they had been playing this during soundchecks, but this actual video is news to me! lol

I'm still going to say interesting to say the least...Why now, and not last tour?!?

The "Clockwork" tour would have been perfect for this song, considering the string ensemble would have sounded AMAZING with this song. Playing it on THIS tour now, makes it more bittersweet, if anything, lol. BUT, I'm excited they finally decided to play it either way, and I really hope to see them play it next month in Philly.

• Like 1

I still don't get the big deal with this song... I mean... What is so special with it? Rush have maked lots of other songs that is MUCH better that they should play live instead!
  • Like 4

I still don't get the big deal with this song... I mean... What is so special with it? Rush have maked lots of other songs that is MUCH better that they should play live instead!

Agreed. I can think of about a bazillion deep cuts that I would much rather hear. I DO like the tune - very sweet and sad, but I'm not sure how well it would translate live.

Clem

• Like 2

It's never been played before, and thematically it suits the winding down of a career so well. Maybe it's just something that makes sense if you're older, like the band. :huh:

• Like 9

It's never been played before, and thematically it suits the winding down of a career so well. Maybe it's just something that makes sense if you're older, like the band. :huh:

Yeah...but the more I think about it...it's a "last show" kind of thing...I'd be willing to bet LA is where they play it...(and I have a feeling that it's going to be a second encore kind of thing)

• Like 3

Personally, I think this would be a very depressing way to say goodbye. Even if the guys are getting old and have arthritis, I'd rather they go out with a positive bang, not a negative whimper.

Again, nothing against the song, but it is pretty fricking depressing.

Clem.

• Like 3

Personally, I think this would be a very depressing way to say goodbye. Even if the guys are getting old and have arthritis, I'd rather they go out with a positive bang, not a negative whimper.

Again, nothing against the song, but it is pretty fricking depressing.

Clem.

I love the song, but I agree. Playing it at the very end would be an ill-fitting way to go out. These guys are playing their asses off and thrilling people with their most ambitious sets in years. And even if ailments and age are affecting their abilities, they aren't nearly in the state of decrepitude as the people described in that song.

Play it. It sounded great during the St. Paul soundcheck. But don't wrap things up with it.

• Like 3

Yeah...but the more I think about it...it's a "last show" kind of thing...I'd be willing to bet LA is where they play it...(and I have a feeling that it's going to be a second encore kind of thing)

While I have no idea what will happen, I would find it odd they are rehearsing it at soundcheck now only to play it then.

While I have no idea what will happen, I would find it odd they are rehearsing it at soundcheck now only to play it then.

You're not alone. Thinking the exact same thing.

Here's a video of the band soundchecking LOSING IT!!

AWESOME!

• Like 1

Here's a video of the band soundchecking LOSING IT!!

Now that's disappointing, I thought this was going to be a video of the band, not the outside of the venue.

For all we know it could be previously recorded and they're not doing it at sound check at all. Maybe they're just doing it as a joke on the fans. :D
  • Like 3

This is why I posted the thread on set changes after the first break. Maybe there was a plan all along to sub out certain songs and add others.

I keep hoping they change out some of the encore. I'd love to see the Return of the Orince in place of Lakeside Park. Kind of a jamming song, fairly easy to play, and vocals can be modified. IDK