That Metal Thread

I :heart: :heart: Nevermore!

I'm so bummed I never got to see them live. Although I heard that they did a show in Colorado sometime in the past year or so. Maybe they'll do more!

I never heard anything about that show. Kind of doubt that happened since it seems so odd to do a random gig in Colorado of all places. Warrell Dane and Jeff Loomis have both said in interviews that Nevermore isn't done yet, they're just on hiatus. Dane reunited his old band Sanctuary and is doing that right now and Loomis is now playing with Arch Enemy. He also has an all metal instrumental project called Conquering Dystopia which is pretty good. So, they will get back together at some point, they just don't know when?

As for seeing them live, the best way I can describe Nevermore is that it's probably the equivalent of getting murdered by metal. That's how powerful they are live.

f**k THAT METAL SHOW!!!

More like FULL METAL JACK OFF SHOW!

I'm glad GHOST isn't on that lame ass show. THAT POSER SHOW!

Yeah, That Metal Show and the people hosting the show suck IMO. I don't think Eddie Dump and his co-hosts would like Ghost either IMO cause it seems they can't go beyond Rush, Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, or most metal acts that formed after the 80s/90s as far as "metal" they have on show.

yeah, I sometimes exaggerate the tastes of older users here, but trunk seems to actually be mentally trapped in 1985

THE SWORD RULE!

Great sound. Better than Ghost. Exponentially better than Ghost! ;)

Great sound but better than Ghost? Surely you jest. Let's joust.

Yes. The Sword is better than Ghost.

And please stop calling me Shirley.

listen to candlemass

• Like 1

f**k THAT METAL SHOW!!!

More like FULL METAL JACK OFF SHOW!

I'm glad GHOST isn't on that lame ass show. THAT POSER SHOW!

Yeah, That Metal Show and the people hosting the show suck IMO. I don't think Eddie Dump and his co-hosts would like Ghost either IMO cause it seems they can't go beyond Rush, Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, or most metal acts that formed after the 80s/90s as far as "metal" they have on show.

Eddie is actually a big fan of ghost. He's actually the first person I ever heard talk about them.

So, the new Anthrax doesn't come out until February 26th but it's "out there" already.

Very strange for an album to leak this far in advance. I wonder how or why it happened so soon? :unsure:

How does it sound?

So, the new Anthrax doesn't come out until February 26th but it's "out there" already.

Very strange for an album to leak this far in advance. I wonder how or why it happened so soon? :unsure:

How does it sound?

The sound quality is fine but I've never known what I was talking about when it comes to that anyways.

As for the album, it will take a couple listens but it's actually pretty good. More melodic and catchy than the last album. They no doubt wrote more for Joey's voice. Evil Twin is probably the most aggressive this album gets though.

Something tells me I should give Baroness a listen. People who know what they're talking about seem to like them a lot. I should give them a try soon.

Red is a good intro to them methinks

Agreed! Start here, and you will have a fun journey forwards!

Outstanding band!

Something tells me I should give Baroness a listen. People who know what they're talking about seem to like them a lot. I should give them a try soon.

Red is a good intro to them methinks

Yes it is or blue even

Some more info on why the new Anthrax leaked almost two months ahead of time. Apparently, all the February releases for Nuclear Blast records got leaked at the same time. I don't know if this was planned or if someone at the label f***ed up.

Either way, something odd happened here.

Some more info on why the new Anthrax leaked almost two months ahead of time. Apparently, all the February releases for Nuclear Blast records got leaked at the same time. I don't know if this was planned or if someone at the label f***ed up.

I often think lately most of the leaks are planned...

I often think lately most of the leaks are planned...

I think so too. But a week or so before the release is the norm today. A month or two ahead was common ten years ago. Strange that this would happen now.