That Metal Thread

Looks like Alice In Chains may have a new album coming out at the end of the year or start of 2016. The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here is probably my favorite album by them so if they continue like that, it'll be amazing
  • Like 1

Looks like Alice In Chains may have a new album coming out at the end of the year or start of 2016. The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here is probably my favorite album by them so if they continue like that, it'll be amazing

I felt they didn't really do much to support the last album. Hollow and Stone were radio hits but it just seems like they released it, did that Uproar tour with Jane's Addiction and that was kind of it. It's a great album but it just faded away from the public eye rather quickly. They've never released anything bad, so I have high expectations as always for them.

I felt they didn't really do much to support the last album. Hollow and Stone were radio hits but it just seems like they released it, did that Uproar tour with Jane's Addiction and that was kind of it. It's a great album but it just faded away from the public eye rather quickly. They've never released anything bad, so I have high expectations as always for them.

I was a bit upset to see they never really played any new songs other than those two. It was a really good album, I'd rank it tied for first with Dirt. But I won't complain about more new material. Kinda hoping they let Duvall write more this time. It seems like they're holding him back a little

I was a bit upset to see they never really played any new songs other than those two. It was a really good album, I'd rank it tied for first with Dirt. But I won't complain about more new material. Kinda hoping they let Duvall write more this time. It seems like they're holding him back a little

When I saw them on the Uproar tour they only played Hollow and Voices. I was expecting Stone as well but they didn't do it. Phantom Limb, which they've only played about a dozen times, would have been excellent.

I heard the new Armored Saint album last week, and only liked the title track. It's great that they're still releasing new music, but if I was to give then advice, I'd tell John Bush to look for another band.

http://i.imgur.com/3GSfjsq.gif

for some metal with clean vocals. All I've ever been recommended is Periphery and Coheed & Cambria :facepalm:

Does Katatonia (post Brave Murder Day) count as metal with clean vocals?

Edited by PolarizeMe

for some metal with clean vocals. All I've ever been recommended is Periphery and Coheed & Cambria :facepalm:

Indeed it does. And I am aware of it. Their recent stuff has been quite solid.

Indeed it does. And I am aware of it. Their recent stuff has been quite solid.

But I'm guessing you're probably looking for a "new" metal band with clean vocals. Draconian Times era Paradise Lost might do the trick? :huh:

And I just noticed Periphery was mentioned. Only thing I know about that band is that their guitarist Jake Bowen is John Petrucci's nephew.

Edited by PolarizeMe
  • Like 1

Have you ever heard of the band Nevermore? They're from Seattle and have been around since the 90s. They were originally called Sanctuary but changed the name after two albums because their record label wanted them to have more of a grunge sound since that was the thing in the early 90s. But they changed their name to Nevermore in order to keep playing metal and do what they wanted to do musically. They are currently on hiatus but lead singer Warrel Dane resurrected Sanctuary last year and released another album with them.

I would certainly give Nevermore a shot first. Musically, they are a mix of trash, prog and traditional metal all in one. The singer is clean and has an excellent range. Similar to Geoff Tate, he has the ability to sing normal along with hitting both high and low notes.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

Why does nothing I post off youtube embed anymore? My computer used to be able to do that here :huh:

I had the same issue... try to remove the 's' off the https:/.... before you post.

It works for me and my MAC.

• Like 2

Have you ever heard of the band Nevermore? They're from Seattle and have been around since the 90s. They were originally called Sanctuary but changed the name after two albums because their record label wanted them to have more of a grunge sound since that was the thing in the early 90s. But they changed their name to Nevermore in order to keep playing metal and do what they wanted to do musically. They are currently on hiatus but lead singer Warrel Dane resurrected Sanctuary last year and released another album with them.

I would certainly give Nevermore a shot first. Musically, they are a mix of trash, prog and traditional metal all in one. The singer is clean and has an excellent range. Similar to Geoff Tate, he has the ability to sing normal along with hitting both high and low notes.

It took a while but this was real fun to hear. I forgot I made this inquiry

• Like 1

You should check out more of their stuff. There is no reason why anyone who calls themselves a metal fan shouldn't like Nevermore.

You should check out more of their stuff. There is no reason why anyone who calls themselves a metal fan shouldn't like Nevermore.

I'll give that whole album a spin later tonight

• Like 1

My ears perked up at the mention of Nevermore. They are great. Try the albums Dreaming Neon Black and This Godless Endeavor. Yum.

• Like 1

My ears perked up at the mention of Nevermore. They are great. Try the albums Dreaming Neon Black and This Godless Endeavor. Yum.

Yum is right. My two favorite albums from them.

• Like 1

I've just picked up a couple bands that came up in another thread. They're both progressive metal with clean vocals. I've listened to the albums I got only once so far, but I like them.

Symphony X

Redemption (former Fates Warning singer, but I like this band better.)