That Metal Thread

This is probably old news right now if you´re into this band, but...Armored Saint´s new song is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA-C8_zgLXo&feature=player_embedded

Armored Saint are awesome, just straight up good old school sounding metal. John Bush has always been one of my favorite singers. Whether it was with this band or Anthrax. He has such a melodic, raw, emotion filled voice and he hasn't lost much of his ability over the years. While I like Anthrax's stuff more with Joey, I always thought John was the better singer. Although, if Joey delivers another vocal performance on the new Anthrax like he did on the last one, that could change for me.

It's too bad Armored Saint only does a new album once every five years. If they came out with new material more often and got on the right tours, I think they could build up a solid following again. Nothing like where they were when Symbol Of Salvation came out but good enough that they could do some decent length headlining tours. Then again, maybe they don't want to do that and just want to record something new every so often for the fun of it?

Edited by J2112YYZ

New Paradise Lost soon...heaviest album in two decades YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!
  • Like 1

I saw them open for Nightwish in 2007. I liked them but never got into them after that for some strange reason. I'll have to check their stuff out because they seem like a band I would enjoy.

• Like 1

I saw them open for Nightwish in 2007. I liked them but never got into them after that for some strange reason. I'll have to check their stuff out because they seem like a band I would enjoy.

Start with the latest and work backwards!

Start with the latest and work backwards!

I usually start right with the first album and work my way forward when trying a new band.

Paradise Lost's new album is a belter. Some pretty samey songs aside, the crushing Death Metal of Flesh And Bones is terrific, and Cry Out almost sounds like Creedence Clearwater Revival and Down collaborated with Metallica!

Not at all close to the bands best, but at 7/10, one of the most enjoyable metal albums I have heard in a while.

• Like 1

This is quickly turning into the Ghost thread

Yeah, but that's because they've got a new album coming out. When Slayer releases their new one, this will probably become a Slayer thread for a little while. Talk always picks up for a band when new stuff comes out.