That Metal Thread

What would you guys classify Cradle of Filth as?

They were black metal but then they went...weird...

I don't care. Never found them to be any good at all.

I ended up getting ...And Justice For All, not out of disprespect for others' suggestions, but simply because I expect this to be the only time I ever see Metallica albums going for so cheap on iTunes, and I had a bit of a connection with that one a few months ago when I had it out from the library.
  • Like 1

I ended up getting ...And Justice For All, not out of disprespect for others' suggestions, but simply because I expect this to be the only time I ever see Metallica albums going for so cheap on iTunes, and I had a bit of a connection with that one a few months ago when I had it out from the library.

You need to also check out Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets. They are all classics.

• Like 1

You need to also check out Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets. They are all classics.

I have. I actually have Ride The Lightning out rn. It's just I'vd had a lot more listening time with AJFA and it grew on me, but that might also happen with RTL now, enjoy it very much too. Lol, I may end up liking both better than MoP.

You couldn't have gone wrong with any of the choices available. Justice is a great album. I know a lot of fans criticize it because the bass is drowned out in the production but I never listened to Metallica for the bass. They have always been about great riffs and James's powerful vocal delivery to me.

• Like 1

You couldn't have gone wrong with any of the choices available. Justice is a great album. I know a lot of fans criticize it because the bass is drowned out in the production but I never listened to Metallica for the bass. They have always been about great riffs and James's powerful vocal delivery to me.

Yeah, I didn't notice there wasn't any bass until I saw it pointed out online, and I still don't really care. Odds are he's just miming the riffs anyway (though I could be wrong), and there's PLENTY of guitar to cover for it.

Blackened, AJFA, Dyer's Eve, One, TLITD... Shoot, they're all great. Love this album, probably more than that Anthrax album I bought a couple months ago, though I still dig that too.

• Like 1

I don't know if there's any other fans besides stormtron and myself but Danzig has a new album coming out in May called Black Laden Crown. While it takes him a long time to release new material, I thought his last two album were very good. Looking forward to this one. No reason to think he can't deliver again.
  • Like 1

I don't know if there's any other fans besides stormtron and myself but Danzig has a new album coming out in May called Black Laden Crown. While it takes him a long time to release new material, I thought his last two album were very good. Looking forward to this one. No reason to think he can't deliver again.

I haven't heard much Danzig, but liked what I did hear, so I'll check it out.

What's the trick to getting my YouTube links to embed into this site?

I'm on a MAC and when I copy a youtube link, I need to remove the 's' from https

I can see Jim Morrison singing this song.

http://youtu.be/vgSn0SbQJQI

Can't go wrong with the first three Danzig albums, that's for sure. His fourth has some really good stuff too but it's a little off in some places. His next three I wasn't a fan of. But he returned to form with Circle Of Snakes and his last album Deth Red Sabaoth is pretty damn good.

As custom said, remove the 's' from https to get a youtube video to embed on here. No idea why we have to do that but it's been that way on here for a few years now.

Can't go wrong with the first three Danzig albums, that's for sure. His fourth has some really good stuff too but it's a little off in some places. His next three I wasn't a fan of. But he returned to form with Circle Of Snakes and his last album Deth Red Sabaoth is pretty damn good.

As custom said, remove the 's' from https to get a youtube video to embed on here. No idea why we have to do that but it's been that way on here for a few years now.

Weird, the song I posted last night was put up twice once with and once without the s. Not sure why it didn't work.

What would you guys classify Cradle of Filth as?

I LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH

• Like 1

I rate Danzig 1 a 10/10.

IMO a faultless album.

One album that never gets mentioned is i Luciferi (Danzig 7), which has some great songs.

Happy birthday to two of (what I understand to be) metal's greatest albums:

http://d24jnm9llkb1ub.cloudfront.net/icpn/00602537890927/00602537890927-cover-zoom.jpg 30 yrs.

91%2B4EwtPiKL._SL1500_.jpg 35 yrs.

• Like 4

Here's a newer metal band I've heard many great things about that until recently that I've never heard of but like Power Trip, they're a band that's been getting a lot of press in the sort of Decibel circle of underground metal so I figured I'd share this to see if anyone else would dig this band:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNl_18Kr56g

Edited by PolarizeMe
  • Like 2