Lorraine

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you like better?

2. 2. Which band is more talented?

• Rush
    • The Police
    • Both talented each in their unique way
  3. 3. Who is a better drummer?

The Police would still be together if all had went well.

Their brief career spanned the worst years of my life. I didn't think I would be able to listen to them again, but time heals all wounds, and a lot of decades have come and gone.

:musicnote: Devil and the deep blue sea behind me

Vanish in the air you'll never find me ... :musicnote:

I was like that with Guns and Roses of all things. It reminded me of someone and a really dark place. But one day I put all that aside and Used to Love her made me smile (that's a joke btw) the police just remind me of high school and college, when they were still putting out music. Sometimes it's melancholy and I turn it off, but it's great music. Don't totally rob yourself :)

Oh no, I'm too old for that. That's all behind me. So far behind me, that when I think of it now I wonder what the fuss was ever about.

Still, there are parts of their songs when my eyes inadvertently begin to till with tears. The lyrics from Wrapped Around Your Finger I quoted above is one such place. It is a combo of the music being played and those particular lyrics.

Their brief career spanned the worst years of my life. I didn't think I would be able to listen to them again, but time heals all wounds, and a lot of decades have come and gone.

I don't think that was meant to be. They had so many personal issues and too many ego clashes to make it last very long. Too bad. It would have been interesting to see what they would have done had they stayed together.

Indeed. Sting and Stu are both kinda dickheads. Two of my favorite musicians, but total douchenozzles

I don't think that was meant to be. They had so many personal issues and too many ego clashes to make it last very long. Too bad. It would have been interesting to see what they would have done had they stayed together.

I don't really know much about them personally, but I can see how there would have been a massive ego clash. They all seemed quite intense to me. And Andy - I don't know anything about him other than he is very short - his eyes were dead. Did he have a drug problem that anyone knows about?

• Like 2

I was like that with Guns and Roses of all things. It reminded me of someone and a really dark place. But one day I put all that aside and Used to Love her made me smile (that's a joke btw) the police just remind me of high school and college, when they were still putting out music. Sometimes it's melancholy and I turn it off, but it's great music. Don't totally rob yourself :)

Oh no, I'm too old for that. That's all behind me. So far behind me, that when I think of it now I wonder what the fuss was ever about.

Still, there are parts of their songs when my eyes inadvertently begin to till with tears. The lyrics from Wrapped Around Your Finger I quoted above is one such place. It is a combo of the music being played and those particular lyrics.

It's funny how we.do that, isn't it? I've found myself associating music with my love again and I'm trying to stop doing that. Just in case things go.sideways I'd hate to lose a great piece of music :)

It's funny how we.do that, isn't it? I've found myself associating music with my love again and I'm trying to stop doing that. Just in case things go.sideways I'd hate to lose a great piece of music :)

I try not to do it. That's something that girls do especially when they are young. I personally find it sappy. Why make yourself feel worse than you already do by listening to music that will make you feel worse? Kind of masochistic. Too bad I didn't think like this thirty years ago. :laughing guy: :codger:

I try not to do it. That's something that girls do especially when they are young. I personally find it sappy. Why make yourself feel worse than you already do by listening to music that will make you feel worse? Kind of masochistic. Too bad I didn't think like this thirty years ago. :laughing guy: :codger:

I think we had a thread about this not long ago. Why someone would listen to sad music to make themselves sadder is beyond me too.

• Like 2

I think we had a thread about this not long ago. Why someone would listen to sad music to make themselves sadder is beyond me too.

I don't remember that thread (scary :scared: ), but I agree - so many people do that especially when they are already down in the dumps. It's stupid.

• Like 1

I've always had a particular fondness for the sad song, in general. There are so many of them that don't bring me down further...they're actually comforting. After experiencing the particular losses and the hard times I've had, a great many of them are so comforting.

I can understand certain songs where a painful emotional connection to them exists, and it's better to not revisit them. That makes sense.

It is certainly a case of 'to each his or her own'. :)

• Like 1

Ack, this is tough!!!

It's like having 5 piles on thr ground before you:

One pile is Gold (RUSH)

One pile is Silver (The Police)

One pile is poop

One pile is paperclips

One pile is leaves

I mean, you pick the gold pile because it's better than the silver one but really the bands are 1A and 1B in a lot of ways (especially at drums).

• Like 1

I don't really know much about them personally, but I can see how there would have been a massive ego clash. They all seemed quite intense to me. And Andy - I don't know anything about him other than he is very short - his eyes were dead. Did he have a drug problem that anyone knows about?

He had debilitating depression before, that much I do know. He couldn't get out of bed for long stretches at a time.

The only egos in the band were Sting and Stewart, and Andy was always in the middle.

It's funny, I have an old Police VHS somewhere where Stewart talks about how he used to tape swears on his toms and bash them thinking about Sting hahaha.

• Like 1

Hey Sting, I think this song needs something but I can't put my finger on it. Could you come up with some more vocals?

Sure!

AYYY o

AYYY o

AYYY o

Perfect, now it sounds like every other Police song.

He had debilitating depression before, that much I do know. He couldn't get out of bed for long stretches at a time.

The only egos in the band were Sting and Stewart, and Andy was always in the middle.

It's funny, I have an old Police VHS somewhere where Stewart talks about how he used to tape swears on his toms and bash them thinking about Sting hahaha.

Yeah theres an old video and he has some pretty blue words on them.

Look up Police Around The World. Its one of those things that should be seen by everyone but it doesnt paint them in a very nice light.

I will look for it.

Thanks!

116 posts and counting... :cheers:

See people DID miss her polls

Keep making em Lorraine.......and ignore any bitching, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3

Mick

Yep. I understand the break however. Stuff around here has gotten me to that point from time to time. It just gets exhausting sometimes to deal with this or that if you know what I mean. Sometimes its just best to avoid the sh*t from time to time and get back to it later with a fresh perspective... :)
  • Like 3

Mick

Yep. I understand the break however. Stuff around here has gotten me to that point from time to time. It just gets exhausting sometimes to deal with this or that if you know what I mean. Sometimes its just best to avoid the sh*t from time to time and get back to it later with a fresh perspective... :)

i know.......i got burnt out with that treeduck shit.

but i bounce back fast.

i'm back baby, lol

Mick

• Like 3

Mick

but i bounce back fast.

i'm back baby, lol

Mick

That was nice of Cygnus to start that thread. A thoughtful gesture.

• Like 1

I was a big Police fan and now I am a big Rush fan. I happened to like each band at a different stage in my life.
  • Like 2

Mick

but i bounce back fast.

i'm back baby, lol

Mick

:cheers: I missed Swiss Rush in the worst way. You know how I need that... :)
  • Like 1

I remember that. :LOL: