Lorraine

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you like better?

2. 2. Which band is more talented?

• Rush
    • The Police
    • Both talented each in their unique way
  3. 3. Who is a better drummer?

I'll probably get run off the forum for good for this one but anyway....

The Police is one of the many bands I loved in the early eighties, and one of the reasons why I never paid much attention to Rush.

So, I had to answer honestly. Back then, for me (and I emphasize for me), Rush couldn't compete for very long up against other bands.

Rush isn't close to my fav band. so you're good, lol

Mick

• Like 1

The police are one of the most bland bands. On record that is..........never seen em live.

Rush all the way.

Mick

I just never got it. I always thought they were just above me. Not unlike Dylan I suppose...

they're just.........boring And sting's faux Jamaican accent is just so damn annoying.

Mick

Is that what it is? :LOL: I agree he's a real fanboy of himself, and I couldn't stand their fan base of teenybopper little boys and girls, but The Police were talented, and I did love their music.

• Like 1

I'll probably get run off the forum for good for this one but anyway....

The Police is one of the many bands I loved in the early eighties, and one of the reasons why I never paid much attention to Rush.

So, I had to answer honestly. Back then, for me (and I emphasize for me), Rush couldn't compete for very long up against other bands.

Rush isn't close to my fav band. so you're good, lol

Mick

One down. :)

A few more to go. :ph34r:

• Like 1

The police are one of the most bland bands. On record that is..........never seen em live.

Rush all the way.

Mick

I just never got it. I always thought they were just above me. Not unlike Dylan I suppose...

they're just.........boring And sting's faux Jamaican accent is just so damn annoying.

Mick

Is that what it is? :LOL: I agree he's a real fanboy of himself, and I couldn't stand their fan base of teenybopper little boys and girls, but The Police were talented, and I did love their music.

Sting is just........i need to bath after i watch him. Talented......yes..........but way to in your face about it.

Mick

The Police are good.....Copeland has a very unique sound, I dont know how to describe it and I dont know if this word really fits when describing drumming, but he has a very distinct inflection - how he makes different hits vary throughout the song, his intensity flows really well throught the song especially live.

I would just call it the particular way that he swings- syncopation that is much closer to jazz drumming, rather than rock.

He's really good, but Neil is better.

I agree with that, too.

Rush all the way.

Mick

Mick

Sting is just........i need to bath after i watch him. Talented......yes..........but way to in your face about it.

Mick

The man had everything. Not many people do. He had it all - looks - talent - and oodles of money.

• Like 2

Sting always makes me think that, had he not been a musician, he could instead have been a murderous barber.

Just a vibe I get...

Sting always makes me think that, had he not been a musician, he could instead have been a murderous barber.

Just a vibe I get...

:LOL: :laughing yellow guy:

"Shave and a haircut, two bits!"...hahahaha...

Ah, Segue- you just brought back a very precious memory for me. (And no, it doesn't have anything to do with Sting, actually). Bravo!

Edited by Blue J

Rush all the way.

Mick

Mick

Mick

The man had everything. Not many people do. He had it all - looks - talent - and oodles of money.

Yeah I don't quite get that comment. I'm not sure what the in-your-face means.

Just a vibe I get...

He was a teacher before he became famous. That's probably where he got the lyrics for Don't Stand So Close To Me. :LOL:

Just a vibe I get...

Sting-y Todd???

pretty women!!!!!

i can see it, lol

Miick

• Like 2

Just a vibe I get...

Ah, Segue- you just brought back a very precious memory for me. (And no, it doesn't have anything to do with Sting, actually). Bravo!

What was the name of that Angela Lansbury musical?

:blah: Mick?

Just a vibe I get...

Sting-y Todd???

pretty women!!!!!

i can see it, lol

Miick

:blah: Never mind.

• Like 1

Don't stand so close to me...

stabby stab stab

• Like 2

stabby stab stab

Segue Myles- Demon Barber of The Rush Forum.

:madra:

You implying that I have the warped intentions of going on a killing spree?

*runs to kitchen...preheats oven*

Roxanne.......you won't be needing that dress tonight.........OR ANY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stabby-stab.

Mick

Coz its mine!

I mean...erm...

stabby-stab

• Like 1

stabby stab stab

You implying that I have the warped intentions of going on a cupcake spree?

Precisely.

• Like 1

stabby stab stab

Precisely.

"Just a little priest"

I thought we were making cupcakes?

"PRIEST!"

What about him?

"Dumbass apprentice"

*stabby stab*

• Like 2

stabby stab stab

Precisely.

"Just a little priest"

I thought we were making cupcakes?

"PRIEST!"

What about him?

"Dumbass apprentice"

*stabby stab*

Now we really know what those cupcakes are made out of.

Soylent Green! It's PEOPLE!!!!!

• Like 2

Just a vibe I get...

What was the name of that Angela Lansbury musical?

:blah: Mick?

Murder She Wrote?...
  • Like 2