Am I the only one that's NOT totally against this idea?

fraroc

I f Al passes out on stage......are Diehards gonna rush the stage and poke him till he wakes up.

"GET UP YOU LAZY ASS!!!!!!!!!! RUUUUUUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

scary thought, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Neil will definitely retire after R40 and I'm pretty sure Alex also will.

You, good sir, are correct.

But yes, I hope Geddy does some solo work. Even better? Geddy doing a run of solo club gigs. OMG, I almost drooled thinking of that. Checking out Geddy at a Sunset Strip venue....some stripped down acoustic Rush covers?

GIMME. :)

Yes!

And maybe even with Neil and Alex there in the audience, enjoying watching their dear friend play.

Ahh,replace Peart with Portney?Very convenient that they both start with P,like Palmer and Powell with ELP.They could call themselves LLP and get away with it.

I don't think Alex and Geddy would even entertain the thought. Retire from touring. Maybe some "residency gigs" every once in a while. But, please, please, please continue to create new music as long as possible.

But Portney already plays in a Rush tribute band called Dream Theater.

Wow. Its been years since he was replaced by mangini.

Portnoy was the driving force for working man which imo is the best rush tribute disc.

Neils needs a robotic exoskeleton made with proceeds from this tour.

then again that dude in def leppard coped well. Maybe neil can adapt.

Rush will not retire after this tour.

The chance of Rush touring without one of them is ZERO. Any true Rush fan knows that.

Why would anyone want to see Rush performing without one of Lee, Lifeson and especially Peart? Are you really that needy?

I like your post but do you really think they won't retire from touring after this one? I could see them recording more music but what we have come to know as them "touring" you don't think that will end?. To answer your last question I have a life and don't even "need" this tour... :codger:

I think they will do a series of short residency gigs, say at Radio City Music Hall, or somewhere in London or in Europe.

I think they just don't want the physical and mental grind of long multi city tours that they believe the fans expect.

I know that the band wouldn't go out as Rush with any other member missing. I also know that one of the band suggested they could do residency gigs.

There is only an outside chance of that....Alex musing about it, doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Once Neil settles into actual retirement...given the kinda guy he is...nobody should expect him to come outta retirement. For anything. Even a one-night stand.

If diehards don't start taking the hints, they're going to be more dissapointed than they ought to be.

It's kinda weird, seeing so many people's feathers getting ruffled over Rush's retirement.

Are you guys really that rabid about Rush perpetuating themselves until they can't stand up anymore?

I don't get it.

Let them rest.

Sheesh. Sometimes it really does suck to be a rockstar and have fan expectations heaped on you.

I'm not a Rush fanboy by any measure. As for the ruffling of my feathers, do me a f***ing favour. I think Rush have been mediocre at best since 1984 and should have retired 5 minutes before handing over Hold Your Fire for mastering.

As for one off gigs, I'm pretty certain that Lee also said that might be the way forward.

Oh, and don't try and speak for the band, that's needy fanboy territory bucko.

The chance of Rush touring without one of them is ZERO. Any true Rush fan knows that.

Why would anyone want to see Rush performing without one of Lee, Lifeson and especially Peart? Are you really that needy?

I like your post but do you really think they won't retire from touring after this one? I could see them recording more music but what we have come to know as them "touring" you don't think that will end?. To answer your last question I have a life and don't even "need" this tour... :codger:

I think they will do a series of short residency gigs, say at Radio City Music Hall, or somewhere in London or in Europe.

I think they just don't want the physical and mental grind of long multi city tours that they believe the fans expect.

I know that the band wouldn't go out as Rush with any other member missing. I also know that one of the band suggested they could do residency gigs.

There is only an outside chance of that....Alex musing about it, doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Once Neil settles into actual retirement...given the kinda guy he is...nobody should expect him to come outta retirement. For anything. Even a one-night stand.

If diehards don't start taking the hints, they're going to be more dissapointed than they ought to be.

It's kinda weird, seeing so many people's feathers getting ruffled over Rush's retirement.

Are you guys really that rabid about Rush perpetuating themselves until they can't stand up anymore?

I don't get it.

Let them rest.

Sheesh. Sometimes it really does suck to be a rockstar and have fan expectations heaped on you.

I'm not a Rush fanboy by any measure. As for the ruffling of my feathers, do me a f***ing favour. I think Rush have been mediocre at best since 1984 and should have retired 5 minutes before handing over Hold Your Fire for mastering.

As for one off gigs, I'm pretty certain that Lee also said that might be the way forward.

What's your f***ing favor, fanboy? :)

One has to wonder what you're doing on a Rush fan board if you haven't liked the band since 1984.

I'm hardly speaking for the band. If you're in denial, that's your prog-rog-ative. As is using the term 'bucko.' LOL. :)

I don't get it.

Let them rest.

One has to wonder what you're doing on a Rush fan board if you haven't liked the band since 1984.

I'm hardly speaking for the band. If you're in denial, that's your prog-rog-ative. As is using the term 'bucko.' LOL. :)

As is saying that Rush was one of the founders of Progressive Rock your perogative.

Don't make you any less presumptive or any less wrong. Bucko.

I don't get it.

Let them rest.

I am pretty damn close to being in the same boat as Tony in this regard and I am here. Hell I never even listened to them from about 84' till Clockwork Angels came out. I did see them on the Vapor Trails and Snakes tours but I am still less of a fan than most here due to my checkered past with the band... :)

I don't get it.

Let them rest.

As is saying that Rush was one of the founders of Progressive Rock your perogative.

Whatever you say, muffin.

Rush literally defines prog rock. Outside of Floyd, Yes, and Rush, all other prog rock is amateur hour. Of course they're an originator. This ain't rocket science.

I don't get it.

Let them rest.

I am pretty damn close to being in the same boat as Tony in this regard and I am here. Hell I never even listened to them from about 84' till Clockwork Angels came out. I did see them on the Vapor Trails and Snakes tours but I am still less of a fan than most here due to my checkered past with the band... :)

The difference is, you're a good guy well respected around these parts.

Tony's just a dick. ;)

I don't get it.

Let them rest.

Then what the hell are you doing here Narps? The bardcase says you shouldn't be on a Rush board if you haven't liked any new Rush since 1984.

I don't get it.

Let them rest.

Tony's just a dick. ;)

I did lol...

I don't get it.

Let them rest.

Then what the hell are you doing here Narps? The bardcase says you shouldn't be on a Rush board if you haven't liked any new Rush since 1984.

Just here for the women. Somebody told me there would be women here when I signed up. I figured with google I could fake my way around the board acting as if I knew something about the band. So far so good I guess... ;) Edited by Narps

I don't get it.

Let them rest.

Rush literally defines prog rock. Outside of Floyd, Yes, and Rush, all other prog rock is amateur hour. Of course they're an originator. This ain't rocket science.

OK, Prog Rock is generally accepted as having started in 1969. Rush themselves have suggested they were influenced by Crimson, Yes and Genesis. Each of these band's seminal albums were released before Rush released its debut in 1974. Rush's debut contains no Prog Rock and their second album very little if any. But hey ho, what you believe is what you know, good luck with that.

• Like 1

I don't get it.

Let them rest.

Just here for the women. Somebody told me there would be women here when I signed up.... ;)

Haha!

The ever elusive, possibly extinct entity known as...."A Woman at a Rush Concert."

I cannot think of any band more a sausage fest than Rush.

We space nerds are a unique crowd. ;)

• Like 1

Things are getting far too f***ing tetchy around here.

I just looked up "tetchy" and its not good... :)

I don't get it.

Let them rest.

OK, Prog Rock is generally accepted as having started in 1969. Rush themselves have suggested they were influenced by Crimson, Yes and Genesis. Each of these band's seminal albums were released before Rush released its debut in 1974. Rush's debut contains no Prog Rock and their second album very little if any. But hey ho, what you believe is what you know, good luck with that.

I am aware of prog rock's history. As well as the various influences on Rush. Alas, you are missing the big picture 'scape I tried to explain.

Good luck with the sour attitude.

I don't get it.

Let them rest.

Just here for the women. Somebody told me there would be women here when I signed up.... ;)

Haha!

The ever elusive, possibly extinct entity known as...."A Woman at a Rush Concert."

I cannot think of any band more a sausage fest than Rush.

We space nerds are a unique crowd. ;)

So I was being bullsh*ted all along aye? They must have just wanted the sign up fee and monthly dues and thought I would never catch on... :sigh: :|
  • Like 1

I don't get it.

Let them rest.

I am aware of prog rock's history. As well as the various influences on Rush. Alas, you are missing the big picture 'scape I tried to explain.

Good luck with the sour attitude.

Ok, you are right. The 100s of Prog Rock albums released before Rush released a Prog Rock album - and remember there is a vocal minority that believe Rush never released a single Prog Rock album - are an irrelevance. You are a beautiful and unique snowflake.

This has been fun but I best be getting on to something serious now like fanfic... :LOL:

I don't get it.

Let them rest.

Tony's just a dick. ;)

I did lol...

Thanks Narps. That's you off my meet up list.