Am I the only one that's NOT totally against this idea?

fraroc

So I was being bullsh*ted all along aye? They must have just wanted the sign up fee and monthly dues and thought I would never catch on... :sigh: :|

:)

That's the only drawback to Rush shows. Whereas Van Halen or AC/DC or Aerosmith shows offer a wide array of past-their-prime overcooked middle-aged-crisis ex-rock-and-roll broads with old boob jobs and low cut concert spaghetti strap tees, Rush shows are one big Peart-worshipping man cave. With the occasional rare "dragged my girl along" chica sparsely scattered throughout the crowd.

TRF ladies notwithstanding, of course. :D

Edited by Bard

Rush will not retire after this tour.

The chance of Rush touring without one of them is ZERO. Any true Rush fan knows that.

Why would anyone want to see Rush performing without one of Lee, Lifeson and especially Peart? Are you really that needy?

I like your post but do you really think they won't retire from touring after this one? I could see them recording more music but what we have come to know as them "touring" you don't think that will end?. To answer your last question I have a life and don't even "need" this tour... :codger:

I think they will do a series of short residency gigs, say at Radio City Music Hall, or somewhere in London or in Europe.

I think they just don't want the physical and mental grind of long multi city tours that they believe the fans expect.

I know that the band wouldn't go out as Rush with any other member missing. I also know that one of the band suggested they could do residency gigs.

There is only an outside chance of that....Alex musing about it, doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Once Neil settles into actual retirement...given the kinda guy he is...nobody should expect him to come outta retirement. For anything. Even a one-night stand.

If diehards don't start taking the hints, they're going to be more dissapointed than they ought to be.

It's kinda weird, seeing so many people's feathers getting ruffled over Rush's retirement.

Are you guys really that rabid about Rush perpetuating themselves until they can't stand up anymore?

I don't get it.

Let them rest.

Sheesh. Sometimes it really does suck to be a rockstar and have fan expectations heaped on you.

I'm not a Rush fanboy by any measure. As for the ruffling of my feathers, do me a f***ing favour. I think Rush have been mediocre at best since 1984 and should have retired 5 minutes before handing over Hold Your Fire for mastering.

As for one off gigs, I'm pretty certain that Lee also said that might be the way forward.

Oh, and don't try and speak for the band, that's needy fanboy territory bucko.

What's your f***ing favor, fanboy? :)

One has to wonder what you're doing on a Rush fan board if you haven't liked the band since 1984.

I'm hardly speaking for the band. If you're in denial, that's your prog-rog-ative. As is using the term 'bucko.' LOL. :)

I am pretty damn close to being in the same boat as Tony in this regard and I am here. Hell I never even listened to them from about 84' till Clockwork Angels came out. I did see them on the Vapor Trails and Snakes tours but I am still less of a fan than most here due to my checkered past with the band... :)

Then what the hell are you doing here Narps? The bardcase says you shouldn't be on a Rush board if you haven't liked any new Rush since 1984.

Just here for the women. Somebody told me there would be women here when I signed up.... ;)

Haha!

The ever elusive, possibly extinct entity known as...."A Woman at a Rush Concert."

I cannot think of any band more a sausage fest than Rush.

We space nerds are a unique crowd. ;)

So I was being bullsh*ted all along aye? They must have just wanted the sign up fee and monthly dues and thought I would never catch on... :sigh: :|

That's the only drawback to Rush shows. Whereas Van Halen or AC/DC or Aerosmith shows offer a wide array of past-their-prime overcooked middle-aged-crisis ex-rock-and-roll broads with old boob jobs and low cut concert spaghetti strap tees, Rush shows are one big Peart-worshipping man cave. With the occasional rare "dragged my girl along" chicas sparsely scattered throughout the crowd.

TRF ladies notwithstanding, of course. :D

Well played.

Sexist as well as stupid.

Rush will not retire after this tour.

The chance of Rush touring without one of them is ZERO. Any true Rush fan knows that.

Why would anyone want to see Rush performing without one of Lee, Lifeson and especially Peart? Are you really that needy?

I like your post but do you really think they won't retire from touring after this one? I could see them recording more music but what we have come to know as them "touring" you don't think that will end?. To answer your last question I have a life and don't even "need" this tour... :codger:

I think they will do a series of short residency gigs, say at Radio City Music Hall, or somewhere in London or in Europe.

I think they just don't want the physical and mental grind of long multi city tours that they believe the fans expect.

I know that the band wouldn't go out as Rush with any other member missing. I also know that one of the band suggested they could do residency gigs.

There is only an outside chance of that....Alex musing about it, doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Once Neil settles into actual retirement...given the kinda guy he is...nobody should expect him to come outta retirement. For anything. Even a one-night stand.

If diehards don't start taking the hints, they're going to be more dissapointed than they ought to be.

It's kinda weird, seeing so many people's feathers getting ruffled over Rush's retirement.

Are you guys really that rabid about Rush perpetuating themselves until they can't stand up anymore?

I don't get it.

Let them rest.

Sheesh. Sometimes it really does suck to be a rockstar and have fan expectations heaped on you.

I'm not a Rush fanboy by any measure. As for the ruffling of my feathers, do me a f***ing favour. I think Rush have been mediocre at best since 1984 and should have retired 5 minutes before handing over Hold Your Fire for mastering.

As for one off gigs, I'm pretty certain that Lee also said that might be the way forward.

Oh, and don't try and speak for the band, that's needy fanboy territory bucko.

What's your f***ing favor, fanboy? :)

One has to wonder what you're doing on a Rush fan board if you haven't liked the band since 1984.

I'm hardly speaking for the band. If you're in denial, that's your prog-rog-ative. As is using the term 'bucko.' LOL. :)

I am pretty damn close to being in the same boat as Tony in this regard and I am here. Hell I never even listened to them from about 84' till Clockwork Angels came out. I did see them on the Vapor Trails and Snakes tours but I am still less of a fan than most here due to my checkered past with the band... :)

The difference is, you're a good guy well respected around these parts.

Tony's just a dick. ;)

I did lol...

Thanks Narps. That's you off my meet up list.

:( ....

What woman well past her prime would be stupid enough to go to a concert dressed like that?

You would be surprised. I'm seeing a lot of them on Facebook going to this tour. I just think how skanky they look.

What woman well past her prime would be stupid enough to go to a concert dressed like that?

Not a woman of Rush I would think. Seems to me at least from what I have generally seen and the classy ladies here that you wouldn't find many of those in a Rush crowd. Its about the music for most I would think. I'll see what I see in Atlanta... :)

Someone who just wanted a good time without being judged?

Not a woman of Rush I would think. Seems to me at least from what I have generally seen and the classy ladies here that you wouldn't find many of those in a Rush crowd. Its about the music for most I would think. I'll see what I see in Atlanta... :)

I can't speak for other states, but the SoCal Rush gals are few and far between.

The classic hard rock skanks, though, are abundant and a little pitying, trying to relive their youth at the Motley Crue show.

Still, there's something endearing about 'em. :)

You would be surprised. I'm seeing a lot of them on Facebook going to this tour. I just think how skanky they look.

LOL. You should see the lowbrow fanbase at LA's central venues. WeHo has never looked older. ;)

Right. I forgot how nonjudgmental TRF is.

I forgot, TRF is the world to some.

Corrected by Eagle. I could be wrong.... :eh:

Join some Rush groups on FB and you'll see what I mean. They're not all that way, by a long shot. There are a lot of classy Rush women. But the ones that are on the iffy side tend to group together like lemmings. :LOL:

• Like 1

Some just want a good time without being judged.

• Like 2

Touché.

Well played!

Join some Rush groups on FB and you'll see what I mean. They're not all that way, by a long shot. There are a lot of classy Rush women. But the ones that are on the iffy side tend to group together like lemmings. :LOL:

I have done my best to avoid them. I don't do much over there anyway. I have plenty enough to do over here to keep me busy and satisfied...

As far as I know there has only been one here that never did that so cast the first stone if you will.... :D
  • Like 1

Does anyone remember what this thread is about?

Yeah some dick liking the idea that Lee and Lifeson team up with that dick Portnoy and some other dick dickishly suggesting that Rush were one of the founders of Prog Rock (albeit in some other dick's thread)

Oh and I'm the biggest dick.

Something there for everyone to agree on.

• Like 2

Does anyone remember what this thread is about?

Yeah some dick liking the idea that Lee and Lifeson team up with that dick Portnoy and some other dick dickishly suggesting that Rush were one of the founders of Prog Rock (albeit in some other dick's thread)

Oh and I'm the biggest dick.

Something there for everyone to agree on.

I honestly had forgotten. Thanks for the reminder and for something we can at least all agree upon... ;)

I have done my best to avoid them. I don't do much over there anyway. I have plenty enough to do over here to keep me busy and satisfied...

Why avoid them? They're lots of fun. I'm not saying it's a negative thing at all. People are people.