HUGE SPOILERS, PROBABLY HALF THE SETLIST

pfrushfan0122

the list obviously looks extremely "safe" in that it is basically a hybrid of Time Machine and Clockwork setlists, plus a couple extras. But it is obvious that there will be more (and maybe a lot more)....the omissions of Limelight and Freewill, which you know will be played, make that obvious. Hopefully, the ommitted songs or songs with no associated video include some of that "deep digging" material.

I think Freewill is gone.

Freewill never had a video so I think it might be back - be positive! :)

the list obviously looks extremely "safe" in that it is basically a hybrid of Time Machine and Clockwork setlists, plus a couple extras. But it is obvious that there will be more (and maybe a lot more)....the omissions of Limelight and Freewill, which you know will be played, make that obvious. Hopefully, the ommitted songs or songs with no associated video include some of that "deep digging" material.

I think Freewill is gone.

Freewill never had a video so I think it might be back - be positive! :)

Maybe it's in the "R40 Medley"

There's a video listed as "R40 Screen Animations" which makes me think that they might be a medley of sorts...there's also the film called "Fan Film and Montage" which could be something for either another medley, or who knows WHAT else...

Patience people... all will be revealed....

I still don't think the songs listed with the "/" are part of a medley

I'm calling it right now YYZ into drum solo just like the old days

Then Alex solo (broon's baneperhaps) into the trees and Xanadu

Red Barchetta will be part of the first set

Clockwork Angels songs to rotate except Headlong Flight which is a mainstay

Roll the Bones and Animate I could see rotating

Jacob's Ladder is in EVERY NIGHT - guaranteed

I could see Natural Science and The Camera Eye rotating

Maybe it's mostly long songs for the tour - the epics

Who knows

I just know or think I know that we are in for even more surprises

Just speculating on some of the things I'm seeing on that page....

Stage Re-Creations...might be something that changes the stage to the "old style" think with the retro kit?

Exit...Stage Left...might be the ending video when they leave the stage? (and they usually DO leave stage left, so.....)

Mel's Rockpile? Who knows...

Ask Al? again, who knows?!?!

I also agree that the slashes between songs may not constitute medley's and just might be that the same company generated the videos for those songs...but then again...some of the companies are repeated (4U2C being one of them?!??!)

judging by what is on the list in terms of chock full of staples, I think Freewill will be played. I love it live so I certainly hope so...like others have said, I am a little annoyed by Roll the Bones, Far Cry and One Little Victory. I can understand that they want to play new stuff from Clockwork, but RTB and Far Cry have been played so much. OLV I think was in the encore on the S&A tour....I would rather hear many other tunes from Vapor Trails. In any event, I'm an optimist and think whatever they play will be great and it will be a great tour. I watched the Clockwork bluray last night and I really thought the CA stuff sounded great live (even though I almost never listen to anything from CA except Headlong) Edited by LaVillaSean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgQO36YVSlA

Utterly perfect for the show...

AGREED THIS WOULD BE A GREAT SHOW OPENER!!!

:D

goddamn this is their final tour, meaning it would be bullshit if they played only the "rare, deep cuts" seriously its kind of a greedy mentality. This is obviously not all the songs, there will be more goods to come. THe old deep cuts dont have video so geez people need get off their Necromancer high. Honestly most Rush fans I know in real life would hate to see half of COS on the setlist, cos their are so many other good songs. Plus CA kicks ass :P
  • Like 3

goddamn this is their final tour, meaning it would be bullshit if they played only the "rare, deep cuts" seriously its kind of a greedy mentality. This is obviously not all the songs, there will be more goods to come. THe old deep cuts dont have video so geez people need get off their Necromancer high. Honestly most Rush fans I know in real life would hate to see half of COS on the setlist, cos their are so many other good songs. Plus CA kicks ass :P

4 CA songs

OLV

RTB

FC

same songs over and over, except for TWO

There's enough there to be very discouraged.

Can only hope the rarities are without video.

Rush fans are impossible to please, it seems. I'd guess only 1% of the audience even knows about this board, and even fewer that want The Necromancer over, say, Dreamline. Don't forget, they're a business first - they have to sell tickets, and playing I Think I'm Going Bald ain't gonna please 95% of the audience. It's a tough balance I'm sure.
  • Like 3

My biggest thing on any given tour is to hear something live that I haven't heard live and in person ever before... so if they actually DO play Jacob's Ladder, I'll be thrilled!
  • Like 3

My biggest thing on any given tour is to hear something live that I haven't heard live and in person ever before... so if they actually DO play Jacob's Ladder, I'll be thrilled!

Me too. With the exception of a couple of those songs, we've heard them all before numerous times. OLV and Far Cry are atrocious in my books. RTB not far behind.

Me too. With the exception of a couple of those songs, we've heard them all before numerous times. OLV and Far Cry are atrocious in my books. RTB not far behind.

Far Cry is a kick ass song.

Far Cry is a kick ass song.

RtB is about the only one that doesn't sit well with me...never DID like much off of that album..but that's definitely one I can't stand..I LOVE Dreamline...can handle Bravado but the rest can pretty much fade away....Granted, I can pick better tunes off of S&A and VT, but I can live with those... As I said...what I've seen doesn't make me want to sell my ticket...