Let's hope it never comes to this

HemiBeers

For those of you that think Geddy's voice has seen better days, you better hope it never comes to this.

Scott Weiland

high as hell

absolute trainwreck :facepalm:

http://www.inquisitr.com/2058114/scott-weiland-vasoline-video/

Geddy sounds like Pavarotii compared to that mess.

DLR was never a great live singer. He's struggling now.

I've never been impressed with Weiland even in his prime. Though I dig STP's debut album. That's about it.

Edited by Bard
  • Like 2

This will never happen to Geddy because these are two completely different things going on here. Geddy's voice isn't what it once was due to age and decades of touring. Weiland is in this state because of 20 plus years of serious drug abuse. Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

I was watching Sammy Hagar on the Daryl Hall show on Palladia, and he sounds great. He can sing circles around most singers half his age. Hard to believe he's 67.
  • Like 5

Justin Hayward still sings well, but he can't hold the notes the way he used to and his voice breaks every now and then.

Justin Hayward HAS to be 88 years old eh?

Justin Hayward still sings well, but he can't hold the notes the way he used to and his voice breaks every now and then.

Justin Hayward HAS to be 88 years old eh?

He's actually touring later this summer.

I'm afraid of the day this happens to Bruce Dickinson :(

I would hope that he and the band would collectively agree to end the band for the fan's sake if he ever reaches the point of pulling a Weiland. Even with what's been going on in the Maiden camp recently, I have hopes that he (and the rest of Maiden for that matter) will recover and rest completely before going out to do another tour.

• Like 1

I was watching Sammy Hagar on the Daryl Hall show on Palladia, and he sounds great. He can sing circles around most singers half his age. Hard to believe he's 67.

That is always a fun show to watch! The setup seems to make the guest artists very relaxed and they come out with some gems. :)

• Like 1

I would hope that he and the band would collectively agree to end the band for the fan's sake if he ever reaches the point of pulling a Weiland. Even with what's been going on in the Maiden camp recently, I have hopes that he (and the rest of Maiden for that matter) will recover and rest completely before going out to do another tour.

Saw them on the last tour and I'm convinced that he can't be stopped. As far as voices lasting, he is mindblowing!

Bruce has been in decline for a while. He's still got the strength, but not the range of his youth.

Rob Halford on the other hand - astonishing for someone of his age.

• Like 2

None of these bitches sound as good as Neil Diamond, dude is 74 looking like Sean Connery with a better hair line but the pipes are still there.

Geddy will be just fine, no worries.

Bruce has been in decline for a while. He's still got the strength, but not the range of his youth.

Watch a video of Live after death, then watch something from last year. The drop off is not really that bad for nearly thirty years.

• Like 2

Watch a video of Live after death, then watch something from last year. The drop off is not really that bad for nearly thirty years.

I still enjoy Bruce's singing after all; he learned to set what it's called his 'Air Raid Siren' and I will never say a bad word against him.

But Rob Halford belongs to another category!

And people have the nerve to talk shit about Geddy, Paul Stanley, and David Lee Roth?

Sure do. The truth can be painful at times...

Just saw the Moody Blues in Portland Oregon last week, my first time seeing them, I'm 27 years old. I'll just say I may have been the youngest person there. God but they put on a great performance. Every song was fantastic, a band with guys in there 70's and they're still able to reproduce their music live. Justin was killing the guitar solo parts too, unbelievably awesome. Nights in white satin sounded exactly like the album version, he hit every lyrical note perfectly. I honestly didn't think they would be this good, they totally exceeded my expectations. If they happen to come back, I will definitely see them again.

I will mention that the audience was a bit stale, I guess considering the average age was probably around 60-65 its not too surprising.

I mean I was getting into it, but after each song only the first 12 rows were standing up and applauding (everyone was applauding and cheering but most were just sitting), I was in about 20th row and was standing after each song giving a raucous applause and I was one of the only ones doing this this far back throughout the entire show. I would have liked to have stood the whole show but didn't want to piss the people off behind me. Luckily the audience got more lively, finally, for the last 5 or 6 songs. They played for a total of 2 hours, I'll reiterate, awesome show!!!

And people have the nerve to talk shit about Geddy, Paul Stanley, and David Lee Roth?

I think Geddy sounds great for what range he has to sustain.

I cannot speak to Paul Stanley, as I have refused to listen to KISS, live or studio, since I was in grade school.

But as for DLR...oh, definitely I have the nerve to talk shit. He earns it. He never has been the best live singer, and is currently gawd awful embarrassing. I would hope he hires a vocal coach stat for his appearance on the Billboard awards in a few days. The thing is, all he's gotta do is sing/scat/talk his way through the VH hits in a lower octave and he'd be fine. As it stands, he's trying to hit high notes and screams that he never could 30 years ago, much less now at 60.