Official Opening Night Setlist SPOILER Thread - Tulsa, OK - May 8th

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Went by fast, didn't it? We were so excited on here that evening. I thought the forum would crash for sure. At one point, there were almost 500 people here on this thread.

It's sad that there's been nothing going on since the end of the tour.

I think it is a good sign that they have kept themselves in the limelight by giving interviews. They could have just disappeared from sight completely, but every few weeks or so it seems there is another article, or interview, in a magazine or something.

• Like 1

Went by fast, didn't it? We were so excited on here that evening. I thought the forum would crash for sure. At one point, there were almost 500 people here on this thread.

I think it is a good sign that they have kept themselves in the limelight by giving interviews. They could have just disappeared from sight completely, but every few weeks or so it seems there is another article, or interview, in a magazine or something.

Yeah that's true. I just wish it was new information though.

Yeah that's true. I just wish it was new information though.

Indeed, new information, a dream from years gone past. Seems Alex is fading...new RS interview implies he doesnt have the drive for another solo album.

This thread was incredible...reliving the discovery of Rush on Periscope...and then that second set.The set 70s Rush fans waited 30 years for.

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 2

I will always have fond memories of sitting out on my deck with the sun going down during Spring and Summer 2015 and wondering where Rush was playing that particular night. Being able to watch many of the shows through periscope as if I was there and following the comments on this forum were the icing on the cake. It was wonderful to see and hear everyone so excited night after night.
  • Like 4

I will always have fond memories of sitting out on my deck with the sun going down during Spring and Summer 2015 and wondering where Rush was playing that particular night. Being able to watch many of the shows through periscope as if I was there and following the comments on this forum were the icing on the cake. It was wonderful to see and hear everyone so excited night after night.

Amen, brother, amen.

• Like 2

If I could rewind the clock to last year at this time, I would be attending this show.

I'd go again but I'd scratch, claw, perhaps commit murder to get better seats. Mine were terrible, so bad they detracted from the show experience. I made up for that in Denver.

John Rogers, where were you sitting?

A high up claustrophobic ring of seating called section 327, often the view blocked by light rigging and the area smelled of vomit.

A high up claustrophobic ring of seating called section 327, often the view blocked by light rigging and the area smelled of vomit.

I remember that night reading aboot everyone in Tulsa and I wad soo jealous. Until I read your description of this the next day...oh I really want to go to Lincoln next, seriously....Lincoln??

I remember that night reading aboot everyone in Tulsa and I wad soo jealous. Until I read your description of this the next day...oh I really want to go to Lincoln next, seriously....Lincoln??

I hope you got to see them because Denver was completely different and not just because of the tasty bud. I had great seats, perfect view. Geddy's voice was spot on, the guys seem rested from the break and half the tour experience to fine tune themselves. A show not to be missed. I only wish my wife could have experienced it.

My Tulsa seats were the worst I had of my 4 shows on the tour, but that night, and even the day, was magical. I'd never gone in to a concert not knowing the setlist before that, and it was pure excitement and joy. And the summer of Periscope was perfect.

I wish that I could live it all again, but I'm sure as shit glad I lived it once.

• Like 3

Wow, what an amazing night that was! When the band started playing I thought "Oh, they're using the Clockwork Angels stage set up. I guess that's because they're not touring for a new album." But then, after a few songs, I figured out what was going on and was so excited!

And yeah, I can't complain about my seats. Second row :D

• Like 3

It was this time last year that 2 friends of mine and I started a roadtrip from Worcester MA to Tulsa to see these guys!!! We made it after 20+ hours of driving but it was so worth it.

It was the beginning of the end, and I could feel it that night, but it was amazing.

I wish that I could live it all again!

Edited by pfrushfan0122
  • Like 5

Two year anniversary is almost here. This time two years ago, they were about to mail the set list out to vip ticket holders.

Hopefully no one will get sick in section 335.

Two years ago I received signals from a thing called Periscope. It changed my world by streaming a Rush live show directly into my living room. WOW!!! Thanks guys (whoever you are)!!! Opening night of R40 was an unforgettable event for me. :rose: :sundog: :smoke:
  • Like 2

I've posted in this thread before (I think) and this was my first time seeing Rush and it was AMAZING! I'm so glad I have videos and pictures. Edited by Leanne
  • Like 1

i remember opening night. I was at a restaurant in my hometown, and I was watching setlist.fm for the opener. As soon as I saw it was Clockwork Angels, I knew they were going backwards. By the time I was heading home, I saw that they played Jacob's Ladder. I was psyched for the show in only 12 days. I got home and turned on periscope as they were playing Xanadu. I never expected for the double necks to come out. Lakeside Park was a serious (welcomed) curveball. But perhaps the coolest moment for me was Geddy saying "This is one off of our debut album." I thought he was talking about Working Man, or maybe In The Mood. I never in a thousand years expected him to say the name of one of my favorite 70s Rush songs, "What you're Doing." I expected for them to go into The Seeker or a similar song from Feedback or even a new cover (For Your Love perhaps?), but I think the Garden Road snippet was a wonderful nod. I am grateful that I was able to experience the show twice and see them for what sadly was almost certainly the last time. I regret passing up an opportunity to go to LA, but Im grateful for what I saw. Kansas City was by far the best of the times I saw them. Band was on fire, crowd rivaled the descriptions I've heard of those in Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Although it wasn't in the show, I was able to stand by an open door at the Sprint Center and hear them sound checking one of my all time favorite songs, and arguably my favorite Rush song, Losing It. I treasure that. What an amazing band. They are to be missed, and I hope they'll be back, but I think we all know that they realistically won't do it. Good for them, I say. Geddy and Al seemed to have a great time at the RRHOF inductions last month! If they can keep doing that type of stuff, I imagine that'll fulfill their desire to perform. Edited by DistantEarlySignals
  • Like 1