Official Opening Night Setlist SPOILER Thread - Tulsa, OK - May 8th

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I just spent almost two hours reading from when I left this thread last night.

I'm speechless.

I hate to sound like Fraroc, but if I don't get myself to a concert, I think I will do myself in.

Even thought I couldn't benefit from Periscope, a huge thank you to the person who went to all of that trouble just so we all could be a part of such a momentous night.

I ran out of likes on page 58 of this thread. Some of your posts were very amusing.

I still can't believe they did Xanadu. THE WHOLE THING!!!!!

It was absolutely amazing. I didn't get to sleep last night or this morning until almost 4 because I was so wired up from the concert. That was almost as exciting as being there. Great fun sharing the experience with everyone.

I was wired too. When my husband came home, my whole body was trembling. I told him if I got that excited just sitting at a computer with all of you, they'd have to take me out on a stretcher if I actually went to a concert. Honestly. I don't think I could take it. Especially with the set list they have.

It would take me a week to recuperate.

Listen to Rush albums. It helps.

I'm always listening to Rush albums. But listening to an album and actually being there and looking at the men you have come to think so much of there in front of you in person doing the songs live ..... well.... only one other time I felt this way and that was way back in 1971.

I'm speechless.

I hate to sound like Fraroc, but if I don't get myself to a concert, I think I will do myself in.

Even thought I couldn't benefit from Periscope, a huge thank you to the person who went to all of that trouble just so we all could be a part of such a momentous night.

I ran out of likes on page 58 of this thread. Some of your posts were very amusing.

It was absolutely amazing. I didn't get to sleep last night or this morning until almost 4 because I was so wired up from the concert. That was almost as exciting as being there. Great fun sharing the experience with everyone.

It took me hours to wind down after the show. And when I tried to go to bed I laid there awhile just dwelling in the experience.

I was up half the night just thinking about all the songs. And what a fun way for everyone to experience the first night, if we couldn't be there, it must have been awesome to be in Tulsa, x1yyz. It really was something very special!

It was so special. Before this tour I never would have considered going too opening night, but I am so, so glad I did. And I know I've said it elsewhere, but it was wonderful to go back to my hotel room afterward and share stuff with all of you, and learn that many of you were watching at home!

• Like 1

You guys know me by now. i do not swoon over Rush but when they brought back the double necks. i squealed, lol

and it was full Xanadu.....thank you boys!!!!!!!!

Mick

• Like 2

You guys know me by now. i do not swoon over Rush but when they brought back the double necks. i squealed, lol

Mick

All I can say is...if Mick was impressed and he's swooning, if I have to crawl to Seattle, I have to go.

• Like 1

Mick

All I can say is...if Mick was impressed and he's swooning, if I have to crawl to Seattle, I have to go.

yes i do not impress easy, lol.

but go for Xanadu and the 2nd set/encores. Worth it for that alone, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

I'm speechless.

I was wired too. When my husband came home, my whole body was trembling. I told him if I got that excited just sitting at a computer with all of you, they'd have to take me out on a stretcher if I actually went to a concert. Honestly. I don't think I could take it. Especially with the set list they have.

I'm always listening to Rush albums. But listening to an album and actually being there and looking at the men you have come to think so much of there in front of you in person doing the songs live ..... well.... only one other time I felt this way and that was way back in 1971.

Honestly I haven't been that excited to see a Rush concert in probably 30 years.

• Like 2

I'm speechless.

Honestly I haven't been that excited to see a Rush concert in probably 30 years.

I remember when the tour was announced I was pretty much indifferent. Another tour? No new album? I've seen Rush on every tour since R30. I felt sated. Or so I thought. I had the inevitable "it might be Rush's last tour" feeling. I bought tickets to the Prudential Center show. After last night, I'm am totally stoked. And regretting not getting MSG tickets.

All in all, Rush is a special band. They keep proving it over and over and over...

• Like 2

I'm speechless.

I remember when the tour was announced I was pretty much indifferent. Another tour? No new album? I've seen Rush on every tour since R30. I felt sated. Or so I thought. I had the inevitable "it might be Rush's last tour" feeling. I bought tickets to the Prudential Center show. After last night, I'm am totally stoked. And regretting not getting MSG tickets.

All in all, Rush is a special band. They keep proving it over and over and over...

I bet you will be able to get MSG tickets if you have the money. I know that as of now they are sold out, but they might open up some sections, or the day of the concert you might be able to get a ticket.

After last night I'm psyched too. Can't miss this one.

I'm speechless.

I bet you will be able to get MSG tickets if you have the money. I know that as of now they are sold out, but they might open up some sections, or the day of the concert you might be able to get a ticket.

After last night I'm psyched too. Can't miss this one.

I really hope you get to go. Even more so since you've never been to one before and this would be absolutely perfect.

• Like 1

Oh my. Just unbelievable. I got to see the whole thing from second row center, and I'm still not believing everything that I saw.

They'd talked about a retrospective, and I thought "OK, maybe they'll do a bit of A Farewell To Kings, or a short piece of Bastille Day, as a way to appease us old-timers." But to see all of that unfurl, one incredible song after another...just, wow. Even the changing set and lighting were very well thought out and executed. The crowd reaction was really great too. And I get to see it all again tomorrow night in Lincoln!

• Like 1

Thank goodness my ability to like a post has come back. That was irking me. :LOL:

I don't understand the system. This morning, my ability to like a post keeps coming and going. I'm able to like a post. Then I'm told I've reached my quota. :huh:

Edited by Lorraine

Thank goodness my ability to like a post has come back. That was irking me. :LOL:

I don't understand the system. This morning, my ability to like a post keeps coming and going. I'm able to like a post. Then I'm told I've reached my quota. :huh:

Computers. Can't live with them can't live without them. :)

:LOL: That reminds me.

It was very funny that some of you were yelling at the man who was feeding the concert to you:

Turn your phone sideways!

Turn your phone sideways!!

Can someone tell him to turn his phone sideways!!!!!

:LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

So are you actually going to try to go, Lorraine?

If my doctor thinks I can handle it, I will be there. I wouldn't miss this for anything. :)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

• Like 1

So are you actually going to try to go, Lorraine?

If my doctor thinks I can handle it, I will be there. I wouldn't miss this for anything. :)

Good for you! :)

• Like 1

The other thing.

Now I really do think either they or someone from Anthem reads this place.

That's why we got the ENTIRE Xanadu AND Jacob's Ladder.

I'm surprised they did the Hemispheres Prelude too.

It was very funny that some of you were yelling at the man who was feeding the concert to you:

I think that if he turned his phone sideways, the app wouldn't correct for him and we'd all have to tilt our heads

• Like 1

The other thing.

Now I really do think either they or someone from Anthem reads this place.

That's why we got the ENTIRE Xanadu AND Jacob's Ladder.

I'm surprised they did the Hemispheres Prelude too.

I'm sure they do, and/or the people in the crew read the forum or have at some point. It's not like this place exists out of space and time. They would have to be at least slightly curious what goes on here.

I think that if he turned his phone sideways, the app wouldn't correct for him and we'd all have to tilt our heads

If you were actually watching the feed you could see somebody go up to him and have him turn his phone sideways. It didn't change the orientation so apparently it can only be vertical.

I would have loved to have been able to watch it like all of you did. That must have been something else!

iwish all concerts could do that. cause of my chair. it's a hassle to go. Technically that was my first live show since the TM tour.

I had sally on my lap for Xanadu, lol. i got to her to howl cause i was singing. She wanted to "Sing" with me.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2