2015-16 NFL Season Thread

Principled Man

It won't be surprising for the Panthers to run the table from here on out. The undefeated pressure is off and they're a great team. I don't see anyone else beating them unless there are unusual circumstances like lots of turnovers or special teams issues.

The Cardinals look like a better team right now.

Agreed. Records aside the Cardinals look like the team to beat. The AFC's a total crapshoot at this point for me. It'd be nice if the Patriots got eliminated early.

• Like 2

It won't be surprising for the Panthers to run the table from here on out. The undefeated pressure is off and they're a great team. I don't see anyone else beating them unless there are unusual circumstances like lots of turnovers or special teams issues.

Agreed. Records aside the Cardinals look like the team to beat. The AFC's a total crapshoot at this point for me. It'd be nice if the Patriots got eliminated early.

Yep, Arizona is the tougher team to beat, but Carolina is the team to do it. And I like their chances much better at home which makes next week's game against Bucs important. This should be a great matchup if and when they meet.

Al Jazeera claims a new source came out to implicate Peyton Manning, a Doc Bosweiler from Kalispell Montana.

And Dr. Bartholomew Favreau from Keen, Mississippi.

How early? Are we talking Bears and Dolphins early? They're already in the playoffs.

How early? Are we talking Bears and Dolphins early? They're already in the playoffs.

:eyeroll: Pats first playoff game, asshole! :moon:

Edited by BowlCity

Al Jazeera claims a new source came out to implicate Peyton Manning, a Doc Bosweiler from Kalispell Montana.

Who cares? it's not like footballs might have been less than 12.5 psi.

Al Gore's old network reported that former Patriot LB Ted Johnson was told by Manning that he took HGH. When contacted by an actual news source, Johnson claimed he couldn't remember.

In other news, Bill Simmons bled to death after rubbing himself raw upon hearing the news.

:eyeroll: Pats first playoff game, asshole! :moon:

So not the first WEEK of the playoffs? Because the Patriots have a bye.

Al Gore's old network reported that former Patriot LB Ted Johnson was told by Manning that he took HGH. When contacted by an actual news source, Johnson claimed he couldn't remember.

In other news, Bill Simmons bled to death after rubbing himself raw upon hearing the news.

The Simmons line was funny. Credit where it's due.

• Like 1

Agreed. Records aside the Cardinals look like the team to beat...

...the shit out of? 'cause that's what's happening right now.

The execs must love LOVE the possibility of another Brady / Manning bowl, but NE has to GET THERE FIRST.

Such an anemic performance, blah.. Way to cough up the 1 seed.

The way the Pats have played the last 2 games- injuries notwithstanding- I don't like their chances against almost anybody now.

Through Foxboro or not.

Ah that doesn't mean shit. Here's the updated 2015 NFL list of punishable actions, from worst to least:

1) Patriots deflate footballs

2) Patriots tape team practices

3) Shooting the ref during a game

4) Adrian Peterson attends the Vikings' father-son charity brunch

5) Beating your wife / girlfriend within sight of a hotel video camera

6) (A team other than the) Patriots deflate footballs

7) (A team other than the) Patriots tape team practices

152) Manning gets caught ordering HGH on Amazon

Ah that doesn't mean shit. Here's the updated 2015 NFL list of punishable actions, from worst to least:

1) Patriots deflate footballs

2) Patriots tape team practices

3) Shooting the ref during a game

4) Adrian Peterson attends the Vikings' father-son charity brunch

5) Beating your wife / girlfriend within sight of a hotel video camera

6) (A team other than the) Patriots deflate footballs

7) (A team other than the) Patriots tape team practices

152) Manning gets caught ordering HGH on Amazon

:kisshug:

• Like 1

The Rams, Chargers, and Oakland all applied to move to Los Angeles yesterday.

The owners are apparently meeting soon to discuss (and there is talk of a $550M relocation fee - which Stan Kroenke can probably gather up collecting the change in his sofa cushions, while the ownership is SD and OAK are not as solvent).

My money is on the Rams going back to SoCal and the Chargers/Oakland filing some sort of suit when they are denied. I also think (I am not kidding here), the NFL has pondered taking the Raiders to.... get this.... St. Louis.

Here's why....

1) The owners know that Kroenke has the resources to move to LA

2) There are strong arguments for returning the Rams to their historic key market (ignoring their roots in Cleveland, etc.)

3) At the same time, St. Louis has foolishly put together a new stadium bid that is viable and the league will want to save face

4) Plus, St. Louis has shown to be a supportive fan base when the team is equally supportive of the community - the fans showed up even with bad teams and really only stopped when the move became a reality

5) The St. Louis Raiders has tremendous market appeal for the already existent natural rivalry between StL-KC

6) In the context of future expansion (it's going to happen, however foolish it may be), a team in St. Louis provides all sorts of flexibility for the league when redesigning divisions (the Broncos-Chiefs-Raiders rivalry is more important than keeping the Chargers in the same division and a Denver-KC-St. Louis tie is quite easy in any realignment, whereas San Diego is a geographic outlier that could be more easily paired with a five team West Coast division of, say SD-LA-SF-SEA-AZ.... ignoring current conference alignment)

7) On the other hand, San Diego's bid for a new stadium will take some time and Oakland's efforts for a new stadium are basically dead-on-arrival.

8) Keeping a team in San Diego still has market value for the NFL, so they will support that.

9) Losing a team out of the Bay Area is not as hard on the league, particularly given the fact the 49ers have the edge there and there is fierce support for the Raider brand among their fan base (it stands to reason a lot of Raider fans will be Raider fans no matter where the team plays).

10) Whenever given the chance, the NFL will gladly stick it to the legacy/ghost of Al Davis.