The Final Battle (Pt. II) - The Best of the Worst a/k/a The Narpsberg Recovery Thread

Lorraine

42 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best of the worst Rush songs?

• Rivendell
    • I Think I'm Going Bald
    • Tears
    • Madrigal
    • Circumstances
    • Different Strings
    • Vital Signs
    • Countdown
    • Red Lenses
    • Emotion Detector
    • Superconductor
    • Face Up
    • Speed of Love
    • Dog Years
    • Out Of The Cradle
    • Bravest Face/Good News First
    • BU2B2

Even my husband yesterday, who cares nothing for Rush, was wondering how they were going to get through this upcoming tour. He said to me that the first week might be fine for them, but after that.......

It's why i think we will hear all the 70's stuff in itstrumental/medley form I don't know why fans are over-reaching for 70's stuff......OUT OF GED'S RANGE. IT would sound horrid I still say you'll get a lot of 80's/90's stuff....again.

Mick

Circumstances sounded great live, as it was the best received tune in 50 of our SnA sets.

Please have the courtesy to take a listen before blasting us.

Thanks,

Geddy

Dear Geddy,

Don't take that tone with Mick. He is one of your fans.

Thank you.

Lorraine

P.S. By the way, don't you think your time would be better employed if you were practicing your songs instead of hanging out on The Rush Forum?

:LOL: :lol: :LOL:

and working on that yodeling thing..........unless they plan on having the von trapp family as openers.

Mick

• Like 1

Even my husband yesterday, who cares nothing for Rush, was wondering how they were going to get through this upcoming tour. He said to me that the first week might be fine for them, but after that.......

It's why i think we will hear all the 70's stuff in itstrumental/medley form I don't know why fans are over-reaching for 70's stuff......OUT OF GED'S RANGE. IT would sound horrid I still say you'll get a lot of 80's/90's stuff....again.

Mick

Circumstances sounded great live, as it was the best received tune in 50 of our SnA sets.

Thanks,

Geddy

Dear Geddy,

Thank you.

Lorraine

P.S. By the way, don't you think your time would be better employed if you were practicing your songs instead of hanging out on The Rush Forum?

and working on that yodeling thing..........unless they plan on having the von trapp family as openers.

Mick

The accordion in Rash was but a first step.

• Like 2

Mick

Thanks,

Geddy

Dear Geddy,

Thank you.

Lorraine

Mick

Are you talking about the Closer To The Heart at the end of Time Machine? That must have been very hard for them to do, especially Geddy. That just shows you how talented they really are.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Mick

Thanks,

Geddy

Dear Geddy,

Thank you.

Lorraine

Mick

Are you talking about the Closer To The Heart at the end of Time Machine? That must have been very hard for them to do, especially Geddy. That just shows you how talented they really are.

Yes- and it was very tongue-in-cheek. Just going with Mick's flow... :LOL:

• Like 1

But to your point, Lorraine, yes- I think Geddy is the most versatile of the three of them. He's absolutely incredible (they all are...but I'm just saying I understand your point). Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

SOOOOO...................CA sucks?

lol

Mick

California does suck. But when thinking of that makes me depressed, I just think of how awesome Clockwork Angels is.

• Like 4

Mick, I did say please and thank you. I did not call your posts, how did you put it...horrid...yeah that's it.

yodel-ay-he-hoo

Thanks for all the "support" over the years.

Geddy

• Like 3

But to your point, Lorraine, yes- I think Geddy is the most versatile of the three of them. He's absolutely incredible (they all are...but I'm just saying I understand your point).

Geddy is a good actor and he can do accents to perfection. He's a natural, really - an all around talented man.

Someone thinks Circumstances is a worst song? You guys are stoned! :eh:

This contest is a contest between all of the songs voted "worst" on their respective albums. So Hemispheres needed a representative, despite the fact that the "worst" song on Hemispheres is better than anything on Presto, S&A, HYF, Power Windows, Counterparts, and Test for Echo, at the very least.

Ok...I shouldn't have smoked that big joint before I read that! :popcorn:

lol

Mick

No. Hemispheres sucks. :P

http://media.giphy.com/media/Z5ULYTFVaL2Ok/giphy.gif Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 2

lol

Mick

http://media.giphy.com/media/Z5ULYTFVaL2Ok/giphy.gif

Another satisfied customer!

Am I the only tin-ear fool here that loves BU2B2?

I love BU2B2. Put it on S&A and it is the third best song easily.

Am I the only tin-ear fool here that loves BU2B2?

I love BU2B2. Put it on S&A and it is the third best song easily.

Far Cry and the 3 Instrumentals are better...so I'd rank it #5 on S&A...and probably #4 on CP.

lol

Mick

Thanks for covering for me, Narp!!

http://media.giphy.com/media/IgF14h4akXT2/giphy.gif

• Like 1

lol

Mick

Thanks for covering for me, Narp!!

http://media.giphy.com/media/IgF14h4akXT2/giphy.gif

My pleasure... :cheers:
  • Like 1

I Tried VT again........and that's it. I'm retireing the album like CA.......never made it through. I always wind of going........OH GOOOD!!! and turning it off in disgust. Can't do it. Segue......VT lovers........keep it!!!!

That is all, lol

Mick

• Like 2

lol

Mick

OK, seriously... no fainting... yet.

You're not into the story line or find the concept silly or something. Whatever...

Sucks? Most every musician on this forum considers this their most masterful piece musically. The musicianship on this album is second to none. Whether you love or hate the words or melody or whatever, he NAILS the vocals.

The beauty of the harmonics Alex's uses, the aggressive bass runs that harmonizes with the guitar... the precision...

I can't tell if you are truly this oblivious to the genius or if you're just f-ing with us at this point?

:eh:

• Like 3

lol

Mick

You're not into the story line or find the concept silly or something. Whatever...

Sucks? Most every musician on this forum considers this their most masterful piece musically. The musicianship on this album is second to none. Whether you love or hate the words or melody or whatever, he NAILS the vocals.

The beauty of the harmonics Alex's uses, the aggressive bass runs that harmonizes with the guitar... the precision...

I can't tell if you are truly this oblivious to the genius or if you're just f-ing with us at this point?

Him and segue need a room to make out in over their hemispheres hate, lol

Mick

• Like 2

lol

Mick

Mick

Segue doesn't hate it. He just thinks it's overrated. I, for one, can't stand it. Prelude is okay, but after that, :no: Besides, he's not my type. :P

Edited by Disk98
  • Like 1

lol

Mick

Mick

Segue doesn't hate it. He just thinks it's overrated. I, for one, can't stand it. Prelude is okay, but after that, :no: Besides, he's not my type. :P

Pfft...like you could have me anyway!

• Like 1

lol

Mick

I could've sworn on his recent birthday, he turned 20. If you go to his profile page, he has since lost a few years and is now 16.

What does this have to do with hating Hemispheres? :huh:

• Like 1

lol

Mick

I could've sworn on his recent birthday, he turned 20. If you go to his profile page, he has since lost a few years and is now 16.

Wish it were that easy to lose a few years... ;)
  • Like 2

lol

Mick

Maybe... 16 years old, plays bass... frustrated by Geddy's most challenging work? Could be. Been there... believe me. :blink:

• Like 1